+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

A new fling/relationship can make everything seem better, even hairloss. But Loony is on to something because if your selfworth is based on a woman then you are on thin ice 100% of the time. Almost all relationships end for young people & anyway cheating/affairs are very very common. When she leaves or cheats on him he is going to be even more depressed about his hairloss than before, he probably will assume his hair caused it

It is important to find an identity that does not dpeend on another person, this is hard or impossible w/ balding but do not fool yourself by acting like a new lay or GF solves everything. In that situation you are 1 disaster away from going back to square 1 or worse

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

A very good thread here!
    Please stay very POSITIVE everyone.
    It can only HELP YOU overall else!

Merry Christmas to all!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arieux View Post
    That's really pathetic. I can't understand why a lot of people think that one need hair only to find a wife and then he can be ugly and nothing isn't important. My major reason why I am here and waiting eagarly for new treatments is to have and save my identity. I just couldn't identify myself with someone without hair, it's contradictory with my esthetical values. Whenever I see such an advice I don't know if I should cry or laugh...
    Nah, this guy nailed it...

Quote Originally Posted by Ulti1 View Post
    Fred would say differently.
    I would indeed. And thank you for the parody, it's a form of tribute after all.

I'll just copy/paste what I've posted on another forum. The title of such post would be:

You don't really know your "successful" bald friends

Funny anecdote, one of my ex-girlfriend's friends had just started losing his hair, and he said seeing me so happy at the time gave him hope, he thought I was an example to follow.

My ex-girlfriend didn't even dare to tell him I had a hair transplant (it was in summer 2014, I had 0 hair on my NW5) and that I had been deeply miserable about it.

My point is, you don't know what your bald friend Tom is going through. You think you know people, but sometimes you don't even truly know those who are closest to you.

What makes you think you can evaluate Tom's happiness so accurately? I've spoken with many bald men who had put on the "alpha act", and for some reason, they told me the truth.

All of them cried rivers of tears over baldness. Yes, probably even your hypothetical friend Tom. Bald men who say it didn't affect them deeply are putting on an act so they don't lose face.

Anyway, what were you thinking? That Tom would just tell you that he had been weeping over his hair loss, that his confidence was destroyed and that he thought about suicide?

Of course not. He will tell you:

"I shaved my head and the ladies loved it! I'm telling you, just shave it, go to the gym and when you'll see those big muscles in the mirror, you will not give a f-ck about your hair!"

Yes, that advice was not made up. It was given to me by a bald guy who is close to my family. He told me later after a few beers he had initially spent 20000€ on quackery to restore his hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Not giving up View Post
    Haha thanks guys, he's just a negative guy, he's a bad a time so I I get why he's bitter
    Be careful when you say such things. When I was a NW2, I said the same: "It can't be that bad, he's just bitter!"

Wait until you're bald <= You forgot that important part in your parody . Do you think you will do better than me? That you will be saved because you're special?

You're not special, you'll just become another generic bald guy, and people will tell you that you look like Phil Collins or another generic bald celebrity that comes to their mind.

Its a curse.. im no ***** at all, heck I know when I was still into sports I would crush all these people from my age and even older, I battled drug addictions, severe muscle and nerve problems, you name it, and all that shit is a JOKE compared to the mental games this hair thing is playing on me, shit I would even say I dont look THAT bad with a shaven cut, but **** this man, im in my twenties and when I look in the mirror I see a guy around his 40s

I dont mind a receding hairline, actually I dont give a **** about it, but the diffuse thinning, man, its so hard to cope with

And yet I dont tell ANYONE I feel this way in person

And people dont tell me I look like phil colins when I shave cut it, people tell me I look like a cancer patient

and yeah i know i will probbably man up at some point and own it anyway, just cause i have to. But i just need to rant it still sucks and these full heads will never understand

Quote Originally Posted by Not giving up View Post
    Fred couldn't make it so he asked me to send his message for him...

'My name is Fred and your thread is bullshit. His wife will leave him and he'll be bald and alone and did I mention he'll be bald because he will be and his life will be worthless. The other boys will be mean to him and if he doesn't get a HT he might as well kill himself. What's your NW? I bet it's a N3 or better, if so you don't deserve oxygen or an opinion. My life is hard, people are cruel to me because I was bald, now I'm not bald I'm the most popular guy going and everyone think I'm great. bitch bitch bitch. I'm a great guy, like the best guy going with my masters degree but without hair it's all pointless because you didn't fit in. This thread is pointless. Anyone trying to get over hairloss is pointless and a retard. It's all pointless. Hair. Hair. Hair. Blah blah blah. I'm right. You're wrong. I've been here longer. Look at you post count. Look at mine. I'm better. My bald was worse than your bald. Bitch bitch bitch.'
    A late entry for post of the year

I must disagree with the premise of this thread. As others have pointed out, a person's worth should not be based off of a relationship with another person. Should that person leave you, you will be right back to where you started. This isn't just some moralistic self-help platitude, this is the reality of the situation.

If you're only worried about hair loss because you think that it will prevent you from getting a girlfriend, then proof that this is incorrect will remedy the situation. But if like most people, you are concerned about hair loss because it is diminishing your personal identity and altering people's perceptions of you negatively, then getting a girlfriend is just a substitute for real confidence.

Relationships can come and go. Even marriages a lot of times end. When that happens your back to worrying about it. Your hair is with you (Maybe not) through thick and thin so id rather have it than not if that is what this is about