+ Reply to Thread

Arrow Minoxidil for facial/beard growth experiment

Hi people!

Dont know if this is in the right place but i guess no hair is also some kind of hair loss (:

I've ordered some minoxidil to grow a beard, since it might compensate for my hair loss which right now im scared to apply minoxidil on, cause i can't let it dry for hours without putting on a hat or styling my hair. With that, i don't think it really 'stops' hair loss as the DHT still does its job so it might just speed it up.

Yesterday night was my first application. Used 0.5 ml instead of the 1.0 ml which is recommended for vertex use. I apply it with both the squeezer and my fingertips, as this seems to work better (slight acne scars so uneven skin) and dries faster.

Right now i obviously see no new growth, way to soon for that. The great side is that i don't have any side effects or bad reactions to the minoxidil liquid although i'm still going to use the foam as soon as it's here and might keep the liquid for my hair later.

Am using kirkland signature from israel and bought it from Ebay. I've also ordered the Rogaine Foam which should be here by the 16th.

Right now i've got pretty much nothing for a 22 year old:
    - no hair on sides or jaw
    - little growth (particularly on the right side) on my chin
    - slightly visible mustache, i can shave now and wait a month to reappear.

Am trying to get a full beard by the end of 2016.

I've been trying to stream to YouTube from my phone, but it won't let me switch acc so as soon as i've fixed that ill keep you updated for who's interested. I've shot some pics from yesterday where i started (unshaven for about a month) which ill also add later on.

So yeah that's it.

To each his own but I truly think this whole beard trend will be going out of fashion soon.

Coming from a guy with super thick/coarse facial hair (middle eastern genes) I envy guys with minimal beard hair. I hate having to shave and spend big money on decent razors and shave gel but my work requires me to be somewhat clean shaven.

Sigh...we always want what we can't have right? Good luck with your treatment either way.

Brother it will be no trend for me but an experiment to see if i can grow a beard and how it will look and affect me. Especially since im also losing hairs on top it would be good if the minoxidil kicistarted the beard growth. Most of my friends have got facial hair besides that im a nigger and like my dad am supose to have a beard.

I get sick of gas station cassiers asking my ID while i just threw 50 bucks in my car and they see me come out of it. Also i really DO notice that girls like a beard or even stubbles. If i "trim" it now to make the couple of facial hairs i got look ' in shape and healthy ' i always get compliments but for myself i think their joking.

I would have no problem shaving my beard every day cause i shave my balls every day as well.

I run my own business and when my friend comes along with me i see he has more eye contact with my own customers then me, and i notice this with more people having a beard wether its shaven or not. It makes you look more adult and knowledgefull, less playfull and more serious. Im a black guy with no facial hair who asks huge amounts money for his usually very short services (roofing company) and i can imagine that people take me more seriously when ive got some facial hair. Thats gonna be the test.

Your black.. Look how ugly Jon jones looked when he had his beard going. Now look how cool he looks with his hair grown out a little longer and shaved.

Black people don't need beards.

Im brown man not black and youre probably a whiteman what you know about it. White men dont need beards youre not jesus (joking for the christians im also christian....) and its in a black/brown/colored/tinted men's genes to have one.

Besides all the racism, anyone who wants to grow one should grow one.

I can't grow a full beard either.

But your clients will know who the leader is once you open your mouth and start talking. I don't think you should worry about that .

Its not abot a full beard. Its about having "anything" to trim and play with man theres nothing to discuss about it. Which i currently dont have u see

I have been experiencing really nice results with minoxidil for beard! Just after 1 month I have much thicker beard and new hairs started to grow where previously there were none.

I'm about 3 and a half months in to my minoxidil beard experiment. I could always grow a moustache, soul patch and chin hair and I could also manage very lame side burns but I had virtually no cheek hair and nothing on neck and under my chin.

I've been applying 5% minox twice a day pretty consistently (Christmas made it a bit hard but I mostly stuck to it.)

The results decent! I now have more or less full coverage everywhere.

It's made the facial hair I could already grow 10x darker and thicker and I now have much thinner hairs in all my target areas where I couldn't grow anything.

In the next few months those hairs will darken also and I'll be able to grow a thick full beard.

This really works, just stick with it and wait it out. Patience is a tough one but in this case it's your best friend.

This only grows what's potentially there. If nothing was meant to be there it's not going to grow any hair.