+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Can minoxidil stop hairloss.

I know the basics about minoxidil and i know that it should be continuously used.
    I am 17 yrs old .
    I have receded my hairline .
    It does not recede a lot at temple as in case of MPB .All receding are going in straight line But there is a peak in middle.
    I want to know whether use of minoxidil can stop the receding process and regrow hair.
    Only one of my uncle in fathers side is bald at his late 40's.
    My father has not experienced receding this young.He experiences receding at his late 40's.

What should i do?
    Should i use minoxidil or should i go for hair transplantation. I don't have much money.

Quote Originally Posted by devilsmaycry View Post
    I know the basics about minoxidil and i know that it should be continuously used.
    I am 17 yrs old .
    I have receded my hairline .
    It does not recede a lot at temple as in case of MPB .All receding are going in straight line But there is a peak in middle.
    I want to know whether use of minoxidil can stop the receding process and regrow hair.
    Only one of my uncle in fathers side is bald at his late 40's.
    My father has not experienced receding this young.He experiences receding at his late 40's.

What should i do?
    Should i use minoxidil or should i go for hair transplantation. I don't have much money.
    You look confuse ... Once you say you know all the basic about minoxidil and after you ask if minoxidil work for receding lol... Anyway. You must know that minoxidil is not a miracle .

Minoxidil only growth hair ita open your vessel to your scalp so more blood can go there. Using Minoxidil alone is hard and long people often give up on it also it doesn't aim the source of the problems. The source is inside the DHT so Fin can help. Be careful about the side effects minoxidil have it like fin. If u r a anti-fin. You must use anti dht topical it may work or may not work u gotta try stuff.

Also a hair transplant cost a lot of money and it's always depend on what they can do with ur situation you provide us no pictures we cannot help you buddy. Also, most people who go on hair transplant continue to use the drug fin or minoxidil. Hair transplant is not a miracle either.

So yeah go on minoxidil try it out see if it work but be prepared to do it correctly.

IMHO, most pts on minoxodil do not grow much hair, but it does significantly slow your rate of loss. This was true in my case for sure and I have seen this in others.

i dont think it'll stop the hair loss. it's gonna be finasteride who does that
    i sure dont wanna start using lifetime finasteride and risk my future children's health or existence.

Minoxidil can provide regrowth and thickening of hair. However, it does not address the main cause of mpb (DHT). So while it is artificially keeping your hair in the growth phase for a while longer DHT is still wreaking havoc on your follicles.

Unfortunately at your age it probably isn't advisable to start taking a drug like propecia as you may not be fully developed yet. I would consult with a doctor or hair transplant surgeon on your diagnosis and plan on when fin/dut can be used.

If you DO consult a hair transplant surgeon, PLEASE PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH. Consult with a well trusted and respected IAHRS doc, perhaps one recommended by this site. DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT even walk into the door of Bosley or some other main chain place. They will try to manipulate you, hinge on your vulnerabilities and ultimately destroy your hair if you buy into them.