+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Can hair transplant be done at 17

I am 17 yrs boy.
    My hair has receded a lot.
    Right side of my head has lost a lot of thickness and my scalp is visible.
    Receding is also ahead in right side.
    Only one of my uncle in father's side is bald. He is in his 50's
    The other uncle is not bald but has only less thick hair in all parts of head .
    My father has only receded in his 40's but not balded and i don't think he will as he has not receded a bit for the decade.
    All my uncles in mothers side has more thick and lower hair line than me.
    I had large forehead from childhood itself but its only seven months ago i noticed increased shedding and receding.
    I said my problem to my parents.
    My parents never took it seriously then and now.
    When i compelled them they only make fun of me. It irritates me .

I had used lemon juice and onion juice in hair to promote hair growth 9 months earlier for once on the right side.
    Is my hair loss due to that ?.
    I had a lot more hair and had best thickness on both sides 9 months earlier.

What is the lowest age to do hair transplant surgery. What is the cost of surgery in India.
    I don't think my parents would even buy a vitamin tablet.
    Will my hair last until I earn money of my own.Will it stops receding at least for 12 more years.
    Will the transplanted hair last forever.
    Or will that hair also shed.If so how many years will the transplanted hair last.
    Give a wild guess.

I compelled a lot to my parents to take me to a doctor.
    My mother said everything is right and i look perfectly OK .
    But i know she is lying .
    After months of my compelling when i realized they will do nothing I stopped going to school as classmates often comment on my forehead .
    Then they said they will do something after final year examination. (might be because they realized the situation)

I did scored good marks examination and had got 2nd position in school last year. This year my rank got down to 50's.
    Presently I can't concentrate in my studies.
    If I look at mirror i get depressed and the whole day i cannot study.
    Three fourth year is gone and not even one fourth of my studies is completed.
    I don't think i can get a good job if the receding continues as i cannot concentrate on studies.
    I don't want to become bald not even in old ages.

Did anyone had similar experience. If so how many years did it took you to lose your hair.

I'm 17 as well, and I actually have very advanced hairloss for my age, so I can relate. Now, to answer your question, no you can't have a Hair Transplant done at 17. Simply because at such a young age, hairloss patterns can be completely unpredictable. Hypothetically, if you had a hair transplant done now, and you lose further hair, you'd be left with a random hairline with no hair behind it. The best advice I can give at the moment is to do as much research to try and understand hairloss, then take pictures and post them on here. After all, we can't help if we don't know what the problem is, you might not even have hair loss, or it may even be a mature hairline. Secondly, keep calm. Hairloss does not signal anything other than having slightly less hair. Chances are you could cover most degrees of hair loss and treat it, so don't worry!

No you can't have a transplant at 17.

No ethical doctor will even think about it until you're either much older, stabilized after a year on Propecia, or you're NW 5-7 young.

Get on rogaine and nizoral and start Propecia at 18. That or just move on with life and let it happen.

There is nothing else you can do, period.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hello Devilsmaycry and welcome to this great hairloss forum!
    First off....

BaldingEagle was very much correct
    ~"No you can't have a transplant at 17.
    No ethical doctor will even think about it until you're either much older, stabilized after a year on Propecia, or you're NW 5-7 young.
    Get on rogaine and nizoral and start Propecia at 18. That or just move on with life and let it happen.There is nothing else you can do, period."

BaldingEagle
    , you have once again given great commonsense advice to a young member of this forum!!
    Good job bro.

Devilsmaycry
    your ONLY 17 years old bro,,that is not an insult to you.
    You cannot ALLOW yourself to become emotional and stressed out over this topic!
    When you are in your late 20s you WILL understand this topic so much better.
    Right now you do not have enough foresight because you are so very young.
    Again that is not an insult to you or anyone else,,it is a factual truth about all humans.
    Please note that you brain has NOT YET finished completely growing and developing properly yet.
    The last part of your brain to finish growing is the neo-cortex.
    Once you are into your late 20s your brain will be completely finished in growing and when that happens you will have the proper FORESIGHT NEEDED and have the ability to predict the consequences of your own actions.
    Until that time, please consider our objective advice to you my friend!
    Unnecessary stress will cause problems with your hairline and with you health overall.

Could you PLEASE post photos of your hairline,,front and back so that we can assess just how real or not real your hairloss might be? (no need to show your face)
    My point is that you might be ONLY experiencing a maturing of your hairline.
    That is a NATURAL thing to happen for everyone.

Cheers bro!!

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

Sorry to hear about your troubles. You are under the rule of your parents. Sure, there are adolescent individuals who have legitimate purposes for surgical hair restoration, but they also need parental consent. Discuss how your appearance is affecting you, and request their permission for a free consultation. I wish you well.
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

A lot of thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WHTC Clinic View Post
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. You are under the rule of your parents. Sure, there are adolescent individuals who have legitimate purposes for surgical hair restoration, but they also need parental consent. Discuss how your appearance is affecting you, and request their permission for a free consultation. I wish you well.
    Thanks for the advice , but
    My parents wont see my request !!!
    I have already done that .

Post pics

Quote Originally Posted by devilsmaycry View Post
    I am 17 yrs boy.
    My hair has receded a lot.
    Right side of my head has lost a lot of thickness and my scalp is visible.
    Receding is also ahead in right side.
    Only one of my uncle in father's side is bald. He is in his 50's
    The other uncle is not bald but has only less thick hair in all parts of head .
    My father has only receded in his 40's but not balded and i don't think he will as he has not receded a bit for the decade.
    All my uncles in mothers side has more thick and lower hair line than me.
    I had large forehead from childhood itself but its only seven months ago i noticed increased shedding and receding.
    I said my problem to my parents.
    My parents never took it seriously then and now.
    When i compelled them they only make fun of me. It irritates me .

I had used lemon juice and onion juice in hair to promote hair growth 9 months earlier for once on the right side.
    Is my hair loss due to that ?.
    I had a lot more hair and had best thickness on both sides 9 months earlier.

What is the lowest age to do hair transplant surgery. What is the cost of surgery in India.
    I don't think my parents would even buy a vitamin tablet.
    Will my hair last until I earn money of my own.Will it stops receding at least for 12 more years.
    Will the transplanted hair last forever.
    Or will that hair also shed.If so how many years will the transplanted hair last.
    Give a wild guess.

I compelled a lot to my parents to take me to a doctor.
    My mother said everything is right and i look perfectly OK .
    But i know she is lying .
    After months of my compelling when i realized they will do nothing I stopped going to school as classmates often comment on my forehead .
    Then they said they will do something after final year examination. (might be because they realized the situation)

I did scored good marks examination and had got 2nd position in school last year. This year my rank got down to 50's.
    Presently I can't concentrate in my studies.
    If I look at mirror i get depressed and the whole day i cannot study.
    Three fourth year is gone and not even one fourth of my studies is completed.
    I don't think i can get a good job if the receding continues as i cannot concentrate on studies.
    I don't want to become bald not even in old ages.

Did anyone had similar experience. If so how many years did it took you to lose your hair.
    Hey man!
    1) you need to calm yourself and PLEASE listen to the experienced members of these forums to come to a RATIONAL CONCLUSION

2) I am sorry to hear about your hairloss at such a young age, I know it's tragic. BUT, A HAIR TRANSPLANT AT THIS AGE HAS A 99% CHANCE OF RUINING YOUR LIFE. I am not trying to scare you, but most clinics will not even except you. A hair transplant for me, AT 31, while I still had a lot of hair left, led me into a traumatic 2 year DEPRESSION that I am still trying to dig myself out of. It is NOT as SIMPLE as it sounds and you BODY and MIND are NOT ready for it. HAIR TRANSPLANTATION IS THE LAST RESORT. THE. LAST. RESORT.

3) Stop it with all the mythical snake oil remedies, YOU WILL GO INSANE! IF ANYTHING OTHER THAN FINASTERIDE, MINOXIDIL AND NIZORAL actually worked, someone would have bottled it and be making BILLIONS. ALSO, every single person would know about it. IT DOES NOT WORK. Learn from me. I have tried them all

4) CALM DOWN and look on the bright side. You are young. MANY on this forum, myself included, have STRONG faith that by the time you are 24-25, in your PRIME, there will be MUCH BETTER ALTERNATIVES... Some, such as histogen, replicel and bimatoprost, etc... are already in the works. These coupled with a GOOD HT, from a REPUTABLE doctor, should brighten your FUTURE OUTLOOK

---- RIGHT NOW, THE WORST THING YOU CAN DO IS MAKE IRRATIONAL DECISIONS BASED ON YOUR VULNERABILITY. I BEG YOU, DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKES SO MANY OF US HAVE. FIND A GOOD DERMATOLOGISTS AND DISCUSS YOUR OPTIONS, SUCH AS FIN AND MINOX AND NIZORAL, BUT ONLY AFTER YOU HAVE THOROUGHLY RESEARCHED THEM YOURSELF. CHEERS.

Hello jamesst11
    Please Come to my thread and share your experiench please
    I need advices