+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Topical Jak

another dogshit areata story.

This will do JAK shit for mpb.

And my question again...if they can apply this cream to her eyebrow area WITHOUT fda approval, then why is christiano and other reasearchers opposed to dabbing some on a bald head now to see what happens???

Noooo that has to go thru 10 yrs of trials before they try that.

For petes sake, i wish they would just try it ONCE, and if its a fail then we can at least put this idea behind us

Drugs like these suppress the immune system. Topically they may be safer, but they are no joke. Cancer patients take this stuff. Also it may be that it reverses A. areata because that is more of an autoimmune thing. It may or may not work on AGA. If it does I would be willing to try it. But long-term topical use, if necessary, may prove to be disabling to the immune system.

I also think barfacan is wrong. The rat study on this stuff was fairly clear. The half of the rat's body where the cream was applied grew hair very fast compared to the other side which was basically bare by the time the experimental side was fully grown. This stuff may be a miracle drug for areata.

Anyway, if you want to try some in a cream by all means make a log. I look forward to reading it. These drugs may all still be on patent though so they would be awfully expensive.

After reading a bit further, I AM even more interested in these drugs now. Somebody ought to try one of these topically!

– These fascinating JAK inhibitor drugs have a multi-faceted effect on hair follicles. Here are some descriptions of their method of action from the published study:

JAK inhibitors stimulate hair follicles out of the resting phase into the growing phase. They also show the ability to elongate the growing phase.

JAK inhibitors activate the Wnt and Shh signaling pathway.

JAK inhibitors cause the activation of hair follicle progentior (stem) cells.

Tofacitinib (a JAK inhibitor) promotes inductivity of dermal papillae cells.

Tofacitinib promotes hair growth by positively affecting genes within pathways that are crucial to hair growth. For example: TGFB pathway genes, BMP pathway genes, LEF1, and NOTCH pathway genes.