+ Reply to Thread
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Koray Erdogan, MD's Avatar
    Küçükbakkalköy Mh., Atilla Ilhan Cd. 29, 34750, Istanbul, Turkey

Default Dr.KORAY ERDOGAN- 6008 grafts FUE performed for Dr.Umut Kartal (Asmed Staff)

ASMED SURGICAL MEDICAL CENTER

DR KORAY ERDOGAN

- PATIENT'S AGE: 42

- NW: VI

- Total transplanted area: 190 cm2

- Total donor capacity: 7000 grafts

* Temporal, Parietal and Occipital density: 60 uf/cm2
    * Parietal and Occipital Hair Diameter: 50 micron

- OPERATION DETAILS: 6008 grafts FUE extracted by manual punch, diameter 0.7 mm - 0.8 mm.

Incisions executed by: custom made blades, lateral slit

* 1908 single grafts
    * 3212 double grafts
    * 845 triple grafts
    * 43 multiple grafts

* General average Hair per Graft: 1.85

- GRAFTS DISTRIBUTION: 6008 grafts were used to restore the patient's frontal area (28cm2), mid scalp (50cm2) and vertex area (112cm2).

- FINASTERIDE: The patient had started to use finasteride 4 months before the surgery and had been using for 6 months after the surgery and stopped it.

* Please note that the "RESULT" pictures were taken in Asmed Clinic.

BEFORE THE OPERATION

OPERATION

10 DAYS AFTER THE OPERATION

1 YEAR AFTER THE OPERATION

BEFORE THE OPERATION

OPERATION

BEFORE THE OPERATION

OPERATION

BEFORE THE OPERATION

OPERATION

BEFORE THE OPERATION

OPERATION

BEFORE THE OPERATION

OPERATION

BEFORE THE OPERATION

OPERATION

BEFORE THE OPERATION

OPERATION

BEFORE THE OPERATION

OPERATION

ASMED Surgical Medical Center
    Dr Koray Erdogan, MD Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    Istanbul, Turkey

- View my IAHRS Profile

- For info, evaluations and quotations: english@asmed.com.tr

- Telephone Contacts (Numbers active in working time and 24h for urgencies):

Main number : (+90) 216 464 11 11
    USA: (+1) 8454612049
    UK: (+44) 2035191146

- Pictures and info about the Clinic, our services: Hair Transplant Center

- Free online consultation: Book a consultation

- Facebook: www.facebook.com/asmedsacekimi

MY 6000 MEGA-SESSION EXPERIENCE

Hello. My name is Umut Kartal. I am an M.D. and an anesthesiologist at the ASMED Surgical Medical Center. I have also been a hair transplant patient myself. My surgery was performed almost a year ago, and I wish to share my experiences with you.

I have been working at ASMED for about a year and a half. Immediately after beginning my work, I realized that hair transplant surgery was more serious and difficult than I had previously imagined. Regardless of these difficulties, I could see that my colleagues at ASMED were performing successful hair transplants.

By the end of my first month of work there, I decided to have a hair transplant myself. I was a Norwood 6, and at times, I really missed the beautiful head of hair that I had had in my youth. I shared these feelings with Dr. Erdogan, and upon his recommendation, I started to take finasteride.

After four months of using finasteride, I had become a good candidate for a hair transplant. During the consultation prior to my surgery, Dr. Erdogan took measurements and made calculations on the caliber of my hair and its density. Then, he calculated the donor capacity and compared it with the density. Unfortunately, the results of the calculations fell fairly low, but even with them being so low, I was pretty sure about the potential result. Dr. Erdogan proceeded to design a conservative frontline in order to establish good equilibrium and homogenization. That frontline was exactly what I wanted. So, after taking photos from different angles, I was ready for the surgery.

I was very anxious beforehand, but with the support of my colleagues and some medication, I confidently went forward with my decision. The first step was the washing of my head, and soon after, I found myself in the operating room. The head washing was actually one of my favorite parts of the whole procedure. Now I can understand why women enjoy going to the coiffeur!

In the operating room, my blood pressure, heart rate, oxygen saturation and electrocardiogram were taken and monitored by my colleagues. Then, local anesthesia was administered to my scalp, and as it took effect, I felt complete numbness. Surgical assistant, Dilek, performed my extractions. During the extraction phase, I was given a wonderful and relaxing foot massage. Then, I watched an action movie from a personal TV beside the surgical bed. In the middle of the extraction phrase, the surgical team gave me a short break, and I had a fabulous shoulder massage. The massages were my second most favorite aspects of the surgery. After the subsequent part of the extraction, I had lunch.

After lunch, my colleagues administered local anesthetics to my recipient area. Dr. Erdogan performed the incisions and then the implantation process began. Because of the extra large number of grafts (3000 grafts per day for two days), the surgery took a little bit longer (almost 8 hours each day).

In the afternoon, I experienced a burning-type pain in the donor area. In addition to this, I was subjected to some aches and pains in my body due to the long duration of the surgery and the lack of movement. Anti-inflammatory painkillers were effective in both cases.

During the surgery, and in order to protect myself against hypovolemia, hypoglisemia and hypothermia, I drank plenty of water and juice, ate an adequate amount of food and used blankets. At the end of the surgery, I underwent laser therapy before Dr. Erdogan performed the last check. At the end of the day, my patient assistant/translator gave me a shampoo set, some painkillers, a large hat with the ASMED logo, an ice pack, ATP spray and neck pillow. She explained every possible detail about their usage. Then I went home.

The first night, I was a little bit restless because of the neck pillow. The pillow's purpose is to wake you up whenever you want to turn the side. I also took an anti-inflammatory painkiller that night for pain in the donor area.

During the second day, the procedure was duplicated. This time at the end of surgery, final photos were taken and my surgery was perfectly completed. Of course I was tired, but I was also curious about the results. My wait began as I watched intently day by day.

The first ten days were dedicated to washing. Each day, I washed my scalp with a special foam and shampoo. My colleagues helped me a lot during this stage as I experienced a lot of itching. Sometimes I took oral antihistamines to ease this discomfort. On the tenth day, my colleagues washed my scalp in a certain way as to encourage the falling off of the scabs. At that moment, normal life returned for me. The redness of my skin had not yet subsided, but I did nothing for this problem, and it eventually stopped spontaneously. In approximately one month’s time, I lost the hair that had been implanted with each follicle and the new hair began to appear.

During the first three months, my physical appearance was not exactly attractive. However, on the fourth month, I suddenly realized that there was a huge difference, and I told my colleagues that if the result that I had now experienced was all that would ever occur, that it would be enough for me. Later, my appearance of course improved even more.

Presently, I have no redness, but I do have lots of hair. There is a big difference between how I saw myself in the past and how I see myself now. My friends say that I look ten years younger and that I am more handsome now too.

Thank you Dr. Erdogan and thank you to the wonderful team at ASMED. This was the one of the best decisions that I have ever made in my life.
    Dr Koray Erdogan, MD Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    Istanbul, Turkey

- View my IAHRS Profile

Default Dr.UMUT - ASMED TEAM - 1.5 YEAR UPDATE

Istanbul, Turkey

- View my IAHRS Profile