+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Howdy

Default Howdy

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I wanted to introduce myself and maybe ask some questions.
    I'm 60 years old. I'm a general contractor, handyman, really, I'm fit and youthful looking on the outside. With a blown L5 disc and a bone-on-bone right shoulder, I'm beat up on the inside. I doubt I could defend myself, if need be. Still, I dont let it show.....

Thanks to the Biltmore Hair Restoration clinic and Dr. Scott Alexander, I am a practical 1 on the scale. My hair line is restored. But, the 1100+ transplanted hairs I received some 4 years ago didnt 'take' all the way, as I would have liked. From the top, center of my head, forward the hair has miniturized. The hairs that were in the field of standing hair we didnt go into surgically, that is. Part of the thinning process, I suppose.
    The process I aim to stop and reverse.
    The transplanted hair in my temples is strong and natural looking, so facing me, it looks full all over. And, It all blends well. I am grateful to Dr. Alexander, and will return for another treatment.
    I was using the Rogaine foam, but after 18 months of use, it started making me have welts and itching along my left jawline. Has any one else experienced
    this? I just started on the liquid, 5%. Had slight itching last night. We shall see...
    Also, I just started on Proscar. I cut the pills into 4ths. The last couple of days I have had the sensation that I had sunglasses pushed back on my head. I could feel a band across the center of my head. This was before starting on minoxidil. Does that mean the Proscar is working?

One last thing: Are Proscar and finesteride the same thing? Some one one this forum said finesteride will increase sex drive. That would be nice....

Thanks in advance.

Welcome! They are the same, Propecia is 1mg fin and proscar is 5mg fin, that's why you have to cut proscar into 4s. If anything finasteride may lower your sex drive, but it will most likely stay the same. I have never heard of the sunglass sensation you are feeling, i have been on propecia 13 months and never experienced that.

Good Luck!

hi Harry.
    i could tell you from my own experience since taking finasteride my sex drive has improved so is my physical conditioning, now i can complete a full gym routine..

cheers

Thanks for responding...

Just to follow up: I tried the liquid minoxidil over 2 days. Same deal; itching and welts along my left jawline. So much for that remedy. Used the foam for 18 months, no problem. Then, one day, bam, problems. Wow, I wonder if it has something to do with the prescription Lamisil I started taking,
    after I got an infected toenail? Hmmm...

Oh well, I should be grateful I live in a time and place where I can be treated.

I puchased the Nizoral shampoo, everyone recommends, yesterday.
    It was cheaper at WalMart.

So, it's Proscar and Nizoral for the time being....

Quote Originally Posted by rotsen182 View Post
    hi Harry.
    i could tell you from my own experience since taking finasteride my sex drive has improved so is my physical conditioning, now i can complete a full gym routine..

cheers
    Your sex drive has improved? you lucky ****er.