Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oldschoolplaya
    • Sep 2015

Cannot use Finasteride, other options?

I cannot use finasteride because of very bad side affects. I'm a norwood 3/4 and at least want to preserve what I have.

My current arsenal is:
    Minox 5% 2 ml twice a day over entire scalp
    Regenpure DR shampoo everyday
    Lasercap 30 minutes every other day.

I would like to know if I have any options for a topical DHT blocker that could replace finasteride without the side affects. No snake oils! Much appreciated.
  • BaldingEagle
    • Oct 2015

Look into RU and spiro cream. Castor oil can't hurt. Everything else pretty much snake oil.

Comment

• allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
      • Aug 2015

People always go on about 'saw palmetto' as a 'natural' DHT inhibitor. I doubt it's anywhere near finasteride's level but might be better than nothing.

Comment

• warner8
        • Jan 2015

agreeeed
        Originally posted by BaldingEagle
        Look into RU and spiro cream. Castor oil can't hurt. Everything else pretty much snake oil.

Comment

• oldschoolplaya
          • Sep 2015

Originally posted by allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
          People always go on about 'saw palmetto' as a 'natural' DHT inhibitor. I doubt it's anywhere near finasteride's level but might be better than nothing.
          Regenepure DR shampoo actually has saw palmetto as one of the ingredients, although I don't know how strong it works topically, if it all.

Between RU and spiro cream, which one would be more effective? I'm not really into mixing RU and why haven't the pharmas picked up on it if it really works?

Comment

• ghostrider
            • Mar 2015

Try ru , oc or cb0301.

Last 2 are known as low sides expermentals

Comment

• youngin
              • Nov 2010

You should be taking zinc!! It has an affect on balancing DHT levels and has no side effects. There's no reason to not take it daily. Stay away from milk too cause it carries direct DHT precursors.

Comment

• youngin
                • Nov 2010

"The 5alpha-reduced compound 5alpha-pregnanedione (5α-P) present in milk is a direct precursor of dihydrotestosterone"

Comment

• BaldingEagle
                  • Oct 2015

Originally posted by oldschoolplaya
                  Regenepure DR shampoo actually has saw palmetto as one of the ingredients, although I don't know how strong it works topically, if it all.

Between RU and spiro cream, which one would be more effective? I'm not really into mixing RU and why haven't the pharmas picked up on it if it really works?
                  You could drastically slow hairloss with minoxidil but you have to use it all over your head, about 2x cans per month. Spiro cream in the trouble areas and you have a pretty potent attack. I use minoxidil and fin with great results. Sucks you and fin don't mix.

Comment

• youngin
                    • Nov 2010

Also the studies show that generally topical Spiro does not get absorbed into the blood stream. RU can be difficult to sustain and costly. If you get S5 cream I would stay away from the daytime one. The caffeine in it ****ed with me personally.

Comment

• LMS
                      • Dec 2012

If you're not into mixing stuff your options are rather limited.

RU should be the first thing you try. It worked great for me with less sides than fin tho I did have to drop it eventually due to sides.

CB is very expensive but in theory would have no side effects and near the effectiveness of RU.

Then you have the prostaglandin inhibitors such as oc, and seti.

Spiro from what I've heard smells terrible and is barely effective.

Comment

Working...