+ Reply to Thread

Default Improving hair density and hiding the scalp

What is the best way to improve density? I'm pretty much a diffuse thinner. I still have pretty decent hair and my NW is like a 1 I guess. But the density is pretty bad. Under certain lights my scalp is pretty visible with my fringe up. I know this is pretty lame and isn't exactly bald, but I'm wondering which is the best option to thicken the hair, rather than regrow it as such.

Fin and minox being obvious choices I know, but is one meant to be better than the other for density?

Quote Originally Posted by Not giving up View Post
    What is the best way to improve density? I'm pretty much a diffuse thinner. I still have pretty decent hair and my NW is like a 1 I guess. But the density is pretty bad. Under certain lights my scalp is pretty visible with my fringe up. I know this is pretty lame and isn't exactly bald, but I'm wondering which is the best option to thicken the hair, rather than regrow it as such.

Fin and minox being obvious choices I know, but is one meant to be better than the other for density?
    Aside from surgery your options are limited. In fact, surgery may not be a good idea either due to the dangers of shock loss. If you have covered the obvious medical options such as Rogaine and Propecia then your only other options are maybe adding Nizoral shampoo to your routine, avoid sugars in your diet as much as possible, don't smoke and just be healthy. On top of that, tricopigmentation is probably an effective solution to consider but that's about it.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    Aside from surgery your options are limited. In fact, surgery may not be a good idea either due to the dangers of shock loss. If you have covered the obvious medical options such as Rogaine and Propecia then your only other options are maybe adding Nizoral shampoo to your routine, avoid sugars in your diet as much as possible, don't smoke and just be healthy. On top of that, tricopigmentation is probably an effective solution to consider but that's about it.
    Thank you for the response, Joe. It's a strange situation to be in, I always imagined going bald meant receding, in some ways maybe that is the better way, least then a decent HT can solve it.

Ah well, maybe I'll try Fin, I've heard it can be effective for diffuse thinners more so than receding.

Fin and min results vary so wildly. All you can do is try and hope for the best.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

Platelet-rich plasma can improve the caliber and pigmentation of you hair. Dr. Patrick Mwamba is seeing positive outcomes. Hair volume and coverage value can improve with PRP as an alternative option to finasteride and minoxidil.
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux