+ Reply to Thread

Default Finasteride dosage

I've been on it for 2 1/2 weeks at 1.25mg, I was on Avodart couple of months ago for a few weeks, and it was far to strong for me, so I quit, my libido was destroyed on that, and it raised slightly but then I got on Fin and any recovery has halted, got some shrinkage aswell as well as not being able to get solid like before also i'm finding it really difficult to work out, I have no desire and I feel much weaker.

Not quite sure which drug has done the most damage, but i'm not hysterical i'm going to stick with the Fin and see how things go, but I am thinking of reducing the dosage from 1.25mg daily to 0.6mg daily, would you recommend this at such an early stage? or would you recommend sticking at my current dose and hope the sides die down in the coming months?

I obviously want the best for my hair with as minimal sides as possible.

thanks

taking 4 months 0.25 eod
    yes it works!

no sides!

that's good to hear

if I adjust dose from tomorrow, how long do you think the sides would take to settle down? few weeks?

I've been on 0.5mg once a day for 1.5 years and I'm pretty sure I haven't lost any ground since then. I've probably had periods where I've experienced sides, and I do find it difficult to work out sometimes but I'm pretty sure that's due to other factors. I've been with my current girlfriend for 3 months and I've had no problem at all getting as hard as ever. Would like to increase my dose to see if I can get some regrowth but I don't want to be greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob1966 View Post
    I've been on it for 2 1/2 weeks at 1.25mg, I was on Avodart couple of months ago for a few weeks, and it was far to strong for me, so I quit, my libido was destroyed on that, and it raised slightly but then I got on Fin and any recovery has halted, got some shrinkage aswell as well as not being able to get solid like before also i'm finding it really difficult to work out, I have no desire and I feel much weaker.

Not quite sure which drug has done the most damage, but i'm not hysterical i'm going to stick with the Fin and see how things go, but I am thinking of reducing the dosage from 1.25mg daily to 0.6mg daily, would you recommend this at such an early stage? or would you recommend sticking at my current dose and hope the sides die down in the coming months?

I obviously want the best for my hair with as minimal sides as possible.

thanks
    What much dutasteride have you taken? the recommended 0,5 mg a day? i've been taking it for 5 weeks for the first 4 weeks EOD and now 0,5 mg each day. I haven't experienced any sides yet. I hope Dut will halt my hair loss..

Quote Originally Posted by diffuse View Post
    What much dutasteride have you taken? the recommended 0,5 mg a day? i've been taking it for 5 weeks for the first 4 weeks EOD and now 0,5 mg each day. I haven't experienced any sides yet. I hope Dut will halt my hair loss..
    Sorry for my newbiness but.... what does EOD mean

Quote Originally Posted by Onion Knight View Post
    Sorry for my newbiness but.... what does EOD mean
    every other day

Just to provide an update, i'm on day 3 of roughly 0.6mg daily. down from 1.25mg daily,
    My libido seems to be returning, I am getting morning glory, I feel like I have more energy and I am in slightly a better mood.

I have felt a few tingles near the hairline which is never a good sign, but i'm only 3 weeks into Fin, so I will continue at 0.6 daily and see how things go.