+ Reply to Thread

Default 31 years old....MPB or CTE? Any advice?

I'm 31 years old, under constant stress, & I'm not sure whats going on with my hair. Noticed some thining in the front middle of my hairline in April 2015. It's steadily become worse. In the last month my entire head of hair has become a little thinner also. Any suggestions or comments welcome. Am I balding?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	43441   Click image for larger version

Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	43442   Click image for larger version

Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	43443   Click image for larger version

Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	43444   Click image for larger version

Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	43445  

Quote Originally Posted by Yoni View Post
    I'm 31 years old, under constant stress, & I'm not sure whats going on with my hair. Noticed some thining in the front middle of my hairline in April 2015. It's steadily become worse. In the last month my entire head of hair has become a little thinner also. Any suggestions or comments welcome. Am I balding?
    Looks like you're balding, yeah.

You have some options:
    - get on propecia and rogaine ASAP to slow down your hairloss
    - get a hair transplant

Propecia and rogaine could buy you some time before other treatments like histogen (hopefully in 2018) are available

Quote Originally Posted by Mpbman View Post
    Looks like you're balding, yeah.

You have some options:
    - get on propecia and rogaine ASAP to slow down your hairloss
    - get a hair transplant

Propecia and rogaine could buy you some time before other treatments like histogen (hopefully in 2018) are available
    The option of getting a hair transplant is very hazardous, reckless advice at best, no offense MPB man. It looks like you are in the beginning stages of MPB and, trust me and MANY MANY others on this on, is the WORST time to jump into a hair transplant. You may have TE... but TE is a temporary issue that greatly speeds up a permanent problem - MPB. TE causes you to lose more hair. Through physical trauma, your body sends a larger amount of follicles into telogen, just to shed the hair fiber 3-4 months later. MANY MANY people have experienced this at one point or another, especially women who have given birth. The problem with TE and MPB combined, is that the hair in the MPB susceptible areas struggle, or have little to no chance of coming back. Once again, please TRUST ME on this one... this is EXACTLY what I've gone through the last 2 years, 3 times. Finasteride has not helped me in the lease, but that doesn't mean it can't help you. If you are experiencing reoccuring bouts of TE... right now, fin and minox are your only really weapons to provide any reassurance your hair will grow back.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    The option of getting a hair transplant is very hazardous, reckless advice at best, no offense MPB man. It looks like you are in the beginning stages of MPB and, trust me and MANY MANY others on this on, is the WORST time to jump into a hair transplant. You may have TE... but TE is a temporary issue that greatly speeds up a permanent problem - MPB. TE causes you to lose more hair. Through physical trauma, your body sends a larger amount of follicles into telogen, just to shed the hair fiber 3-4 months later. MANY MANY people have experienced this at one point or another, especially women who have given birth. The problem with TE and MPB combined, is that the hair in the MPB susceptible areas struggle, or have little to no chance of coming back. Once again, please TRUST ME on this one... this is EXACTLY what I've gone through the last 2 years, 3 times. Finasteride has not helped me in the lease, but that doesn't mean it can't help you. If you are experiencing reoccuring bouts of TE... right now, fin and minox are your only really weapons to provide any reassurance your hair will grow back.
    I said HT is an option, not that he should do it.

If I was him I would start on propecia ASAP to see if it halts the hair loss. Rogaine is also an option, but it works best in the crown area.