+ Reply to Thread

Default Wondering if anyone could fill me in on partial hair pieces?

As the title says.. I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on partial hair pieces. I was listening to a segment of Bald Truth Talk online today and heard a 23 year old guy call in. He was using Propecia to stop his hair loss but had also ordered a frontal/temple hair piece from top lace. When he started talking about it, it sounded so appealing. This could be real beneficial to someone like myself who mainly wants a fuller fringe. I wear my hair forward and my hair loss is mainly in my temples. So if I could wear a frontal hair piece to fill out my fringe that would be great.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with partial hair pieces? I don't quite understand how a frontal hair system would work? How would you attach something like that whilst still having your own hair? Any help would be awesome. Thanks guys!

Hair pieces usually work as a patch that is connected with your scalp. I actually do not hear much about such things so often.

Yeah, I started with a partial, although now I have moved on to a full hairpiece as my hairloss has got worse. Basically you can get a partial piece which is just a long narrow strip. You leave your real hair as it is, and you glue the partial along the front just in front of your real hairline, so it creates a new hairline a bit lower down, thereby reversing your hairloss. What else do you want to know?

Thank you. This basically answered everything. Let me get it straight. Let's say there's a male who only had temple hair loss - the partial hair piece would be glued in front of the hairline filling in the hair at the temples?

When you used a partial how did you like it? I'm totally new to the hair system side of things. I'm currently on the big 3 but thinking further ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by winkywoo View Post
    Thank you. This basically answered everything. Let me get it straight. Let's say there's a male who only had temple hair loss - the partial hair piece would be glued in front of the hairline filling in the hair at the temples?

When you used a partial how did you like it? I'm totally new to the hair system side of things. I'm currently on the big 3 but thinking further ahead.
    Yeah, it was a bit fiddly, but I liked it fine. It enabled me to appear like I had a full head of hair and I never really appear to be losing it, so I was able to transition into a full hair system without anyone realising I wear anything. I have some pics I can show you if you like. Email me on seamasmack at gmail.com.

This video should give you a good/rough idea what can be achieved:
    https://youtu.be/jw3_djdio9c

Its not the greatest of results, it could be much better.
    But at least it illustrates the concept.