+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default get regrowth after dropping propecia? - for the people whos hair got worse

My hairline got absolutely destroyed by propecia/proscar. In a short amount of time from no visible baldness to lots all round my hairline, and no my hairline wasn't bad before jumping on proscar.

I dropped It but haven't got any regrowth and it sucks... has anyone who got the bad end of the stick been able to get some hair back?

Quote Originally Posted by jason1001 View Post
    My hairline got absolutely destroyed by propecia/proscar. In a short amount of time from no visible baldness to lots all round my hairline, and no my hairline wasn't bad before jumping on proscar.

I dropped It but haven't got any regrowth and it sucks... has anyone who got the bad end of the stick been able to get some hair back?
    More than likely just a shed that happens when you start on propecia. The only way I've heard of "undoing" this is to ride out the medication until it begins growing hair back, otherwise you're probably not going to get it back. Same thing happened to me to a lesser degree on the temples, but I just couldn't deal with the sides for more than a month or so. Sorry

It's not just a shed, for some people fin just does NOT work OR rapidly speeds up MPB. I've been on it for 9 friggin months and lost like 30% of the little amount of hair I had. I can literally just feel it's effects just eating at my follicles. It makes me sick.

Does not sound like a temporary shred to me. Fin can have this side effect and you should really watch out... I mean Fin kind of simulates DHT right? Perhaps your hair follicles really have a weakness for these artificial DHT.

Default My experience

I started taking 1mg finasteride this past june because i have very very slight thinning at the crown but 0 hairloss anywhere else.

At exactly the 6month mark, literally overnight, i developed a huge bald spot behind my center hairline but 0 recession at the temples.

I do believe there is something to this, "Fin ruins hairline talks."

i feel your pain man , it has been 15 month that im taking 1 mg of propecia daily, at beginning i was nw 1,5 , now im almost nw 3 at the temple . But im stick with the medication , i m ****ing depressed but i soldier on and i wait until the 2 year marks .

I was on fin 1.25ed for 6 months and the only 2 things I got out of it was got seb.dermaitis, (hormonal fluctuations are known to start this condition, excess oil in face and scalp at the 4th month) and a thining all over scalp, at some point near the end of the 6 months i was losing even the hair at the nape area, i mean wtf, the area that is supposed to be dht resistant or less prone to mpb was somehow affected while i was in this drug. Im the only one on my fathers side over a NW2 soon to be 3-4, i can say since i stopped the shedding slowed down but thats about it. the drug ****ed you up at nuclear level, good luck trying to undone it.

Dropped it 10 months ago. Still have the itchy/burning scalp and accelerated loss from Fin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dench57 View Post
    Dropped it 10 months ago. Still have the itchy/burning scalp and accelerated loss from Fin.
    Jesus Dench, I am so sorry to hear about your nightmare. Do you have any before and after pics, or any pics in general? I am almost 10 months and considering dropping it. I ordered some DUT and may try that. I am going out swinging. I still have itchy sensation occassionally in the hair line, but think that may be from the topicals, or dry skin. The sh*tty part is my crown is almost gone too, the one area that fin is supposed to help. I am so exhausted from this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    Jesus Dench, I am so sorry to hear about your nightmare. Do you have any before and after pics, or any pics in general? I am almost 10 months and considering dropping it. I ordered some DUT and may try that. I am going out swinging. I still have itchy sensation occassionally in the hair line, but think that may be from the topicals, or dry skin. The sh*tty part is my crown is almost gone too, the one area that fin is supposed to help. I am so exhausted from this crap.
    Hi James, unfortunately I don't have any good before pics. I only had some marginally receded temples but complete density elsewhere and I was expecting Fin to just hold what I had.

I think if you've been on Fin for 10 months you've given it as long as necessary. You should give Dut a try.