+ Reply to Thread

Default Botched PRP+Acell treatment

So, Approximately 7 Months ago I recieved a PRP+Acell treatment.
    Somedays I swear I see some growth here and I think its starting to work in some places, but overall not too much.

Now I realize that sometimes this treatment can take as long as 12 months to show any results so no worries for me there. I think I could've rocked the bald head anyway, but decided to give this a shot.

So far that seemed to be a huge mistake. Ever since my treatment I've developed these large lumps on my head at various injection sites and about a month ago another one formed on my forehead with the same consistency. Ive been informed that this is typical for no longer than a month after treatment, but its now been 7 with no signs of change.

They're hard but malleable, like wet sand in a bag, they compress and deform but always return to their initial shape, distorting my head to a visible degree.

I don't mean to scare anyone off from the treatment, I truly do believe it works and I have not heard or read a single other experience like my own, but if anyone else has had a similar experience or know anything at all it would be hugely appreciated.

Your body shouldn't react like that to PRP as it's derived from your own blood. I am wondering if you've had a reaction to the porcine derived ECM that was injected (Acell).

Quote Originally Posted by LSP View Post
    So, Approximately 7 Months ago I recieved a PRP+Acell treatment.
    Somedays I swear I see some growth here and I think its starting to work in some places, but overall not too much.

Now I realize that sometimes this treatment can take as long as 12 months to show any results so no worries for me there. I think I could've rocked the bald head anyway, but decided to give this a shot.

So far that seemed to be a huge mistake. Ever since my treatment I've developed these large lumps on my head at various injection sites and about a month ago another one formed on my forehead with the same consistency. Ive been informed that this is typical for no longer than a month after treatment, but its now been 7 with no signs of change.

They're hard but malleable, like wet sand in a bag, they compress and deform but always return to their initial shape, distorting my head to a visible degree.

I don't mean to scare anyone off from the treatment, I truly do believe it works and I have not heard or read a single other experience like my own, but if anyone else has had a similar experience or know anything at all it would be hugely appreciated.
    Yeah man, definitely see a doctor ASAP. That sounds like an infection...also, please don't expect any results from PRP. It's a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashid Rashid, MD, PhD View Post
    You could be having an allergic reaction or a long term brooding low grade infection. You should go see your doctor. Lots of these pop up clinics are also the source of things like mycobacteria like you see from tattoo shops sometimes.
    I have spoken to my doctor multiple times about this, he seems unphased by it but doesnt give me any straight answers, as if he doesn't know whats going on. He also said he's never seen it before. Really very frustrating.
    Last edited by LSP; 12-02-2015 at 07:37 PM. Reason: added quote

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    Yeah man, definitely see a doctor ASAP. That sounds like an infection...also, please don't expect any results from PRP. It's a joke.
    Yeah, Like i said, I thought it would've been worth a shot, if nothing came out of it i wouldn't have cared. I didn't expect to get deformed

Quote Originally Posted by Rashid Rashid, MD, PhD View Post
    You could be having an allergic reaction or a long term brooding low grade infection. You should go see your doctor. Lots of these pop up clinics are also the source of things like mycobacteria like you see from tattoo shops sometimes.
    Also, Mycobacteria, as in leprosy?

Who is your doc?

lawsuit? if it wasmt revealed in the paperwork before time as a possible side effect, and if your dr has not invited u into his office to take a look, id take legal action

Quote Originally Posted by warner8 View Post
    lawsuit? if it wasmt revealed in the paperwork before time as a possible side effect, and if your dr has not invited u into his office to take a look, id take legal action
    I'd have to review the initial paperwork before I'd take any action, and its not like he's blatantly ignoring it, i've had multiple follow-ups but his approach is "lets wait it out"