+ Reply to Thread

Default I think i found a solution that works without using products that have sexual sides.

Ok so, I just made this account just to tell my story and maybe help someone who has wasted a bunch of money on scams and what not.

I am a 27 year old african american male and I have been losing my hairline since I was about 22. It began to thin and fall back when i was in the military. I had the classic H pattern, or cat or batman ears line and it was pretty pronounced. I became impatient with all the shampoos and creams that wouldn't do anything and everywhere i looked just said "oh just use rogain, blah blah blah...". At the time all I knew about rogain was once you started you were on it for the rest of your life.

so then out of panic and frustration i figured i'd just get a hair transplant. I did this but neglected to do the proper research to find out that once completed, they give you a prescription for rogain or propecia. im always suspicious of prescription meds so i looked up the sides of each and thats when i discovered they both cause erectile disfunction. So I just didnt take them and tried to maintain the hair with shampoos and creams again and it seemed to work at first. My hair started growing in nicely for the first 10 months then out of nowhere after each hair cut i noticed the hair was coming back thinner and thinner.

Just as I was about to crack and try the rogain foam, (as the sexual sides are slim to none with the foam version), I came across two products that seem to give me the effects of rogain and the DHT fighting potency of propecia without killing my d**k.

after months of scouring the forums Nizoral A-D Ketoconazole Shampoo 1%
    I cant quote all the science behind it but apparently it blocks the DHT from your scalp. If inhibiting the production of DHT conversely causes erectile disfunction then i guess blocking it from your hair is the next best option.

the second one is: Thicker Fuller Hair Serum.
    here is a pic of the bottle: https://www.google.com/search?q=thic...gfAWkQ_AUIBygC

I got this bc i remember someone saying they had good results with a product that had caffeine in it, which this does and its relatively cheap and you only need a fingertips worth.

I have been using the Nizoral every other day and the thicker hair every day and both for about two months and have seen my thinning reverse.

I just wanted to put that out there as I know how scary it can be to be losing your hair and to be wasting money on crap that doesnt work. Im an attractive person but thats only with hair!

Oh and both of these I bought at walgreens and cost me in total about 25 bucks and after 2 months im not even half way through the bottles. A little goes a long way, I hope this helps someone and good luck to you all.
    Last edited by Winston; 11-30-2015 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies and TOS.

You will still lose hair on those products guaranteed.

Rogaine doesn't cause sexual sides. In every trial ever done for rogaine no sexual sides ever were reported.

Even rogaine isn't strong enough for most men to stop loss completely.

Propecia can cause sexual sides but they're not as common as the Internet would have you believe. Look at the actual trials instead of random people giving anecdotal reports.

Propecia is by far the best treatment for hairloss (not counting avodart since it's not approved).

Without Propecia I'm sorry to tell you that you will go bald. You can dance around it all you want but it just leads to regret that you didn't get on it sooner once you realize nothing else is remotely as effective.

Hope this puts the facts into perspective for you.

well I chose this route bc ive had trouble with ed before and it crippled my relationship. I said I looked up tons of info on them both and i saw the trial info already. Im fully aware its not a permanent solution but since I have experienced both I dont think its worth the risk. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but unless that person has experienced something like ED before then i guess they wont REALLY know what they are talking about. Slowing it down is more than fine for me. One day it'll be a bald head and a beard but for me great sex life> great hair line.