+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by coderz View Post
    I'm in agreement with this. If I were in a stable relationship and I was already married with kids I wouldn't even worry about this if I were completely bald, especially if I were 10 years older. Unfortunately that's simply not the case. I'm 27 and single this of course makes it a lot more frightening.
    this is the most common topic being discussed on this forum. I always look at the situation like the following... do you really wanna take this drug for the rest of your life? u know once you start it, there is no way out. i would advise think more than twice..

and honestly i tried and had a serious pain in my sack so had to quit. I tried 3 months and pain didnt go away. Should i been more persistent? maybe yes ...did i want to take a risk on my healthy? no i am not eejit like most people here.
    ok im bald but i am not putting my hair front of my health

I understand but aren't you assuming that 1. Other guys will experience issues and 2. That this drug is actually unhealthy to most men long term. I know that you have to keep taking it constantly. I wouldn't take it for the rest of my life, but I would like to take it so as to keep my hair into my 30s. As I started getting into my mid to late 30s and if I was married etc. I'd probably quit caring and I'd stop taking it.

I started with my first pill today. It was a little scary being that I took the leap into taking a pill. Let's hope nothing happens. Any advice to stop the stress and panic about the pill?

I don't think it is advisable to take this forever. You still have a choice and I don't understand why do you think that there's no way out when you started taking the pill. Don't ever assume you will be taking this forever.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexieJ View Post
    I don't think it is advisable to take this forever. You still have a choice and I don't understand why do you think that there's no way out when you started taking the pill. Don't ever assume you will be taking this forever.
    oh yes you do.. losing hair no matter what age you are in would be devastating.. it is a mental phase seeing yourself in a mirror everday you wake up... same feeling when you are in ur 20s or 30s.. maybe little less after 40s... assuming this guy is at his prime, yes taking a drug for 15+ years feels like forever...
    my advise no one should use fin more than a year... because it is such a strong medicine could alter your hormones along with serious sides. the ones having no sides, i guess they are lucky for today but no guarantee for tomorrow for them either.
    I would still say YES WE SHOULD ALL USE FIN if it was a magic portion, and guarantee to make us NW0. unfortunately it is not either.

in other words we are putting our health at risk just for maintenance and maybe few more hairs on top of our head... I think everyone on this forum agrees with it... after all it is just maintenance +few hairs vs taking it forever...

I started with my first pill today. It was a little scary being that I took the leap into taking a pill. Let's hope nothing happens. Any advice to stop the stress and panic about the pill?
    I was also a bit scared when I took the first pill, but of course everything was ok and now I don't even think about it anymore.

Any advice to stop the stress and panic about the pill?
    Pop it like a Vitamin C pill and don't overthink it. Any mild side effects will fade for most people after 3 months or so. The less you read about it online the better. The drug has been around nearly 26 years. I work with Seniors who take 5mg/day every day for decades for their prostate with no major issues.

coderz...can you please tell about ur progress? are u still taking it and did u experience ant sides?

I don't know why people are still talking about this issue of "side effects" of Fin. I don't think there is anything left to say....but I'll say this again, been on the drug since it came out, literally, and I have no side effects. I had/have LOW sex drive to begin with, I mean before I even started taking the drug, I have depression -which lowers sex drive- and still, NEVER felt any decrease (extra) in my sex drive. Hell, sometimes I feel I'm more interested in sex now than I was in my 20's. I'd say, Fin never affected me in any negative way. Yes. I know there are people who are affected but I'd say many of them it's psychosomatic. Those who really have bad side effects are a tiny tiny minority.

But I do need to mention, neither Fin nor Minox could stop the progression of my hair loss. They -even though I feel it's Minox that was doing the job- did slow it down big time, I think. My 2 brothers (not taking anything) are almost completely bald.