+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I do believe that having a highly inflammatory diet will only exacerbate existing AGA - you're just helping DHT do its job by increasing production of pro-inflammatory mediators. Plenty of people on anti-inflammatory, low carb etc. diets report reduced itching and shedding.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    If diet isn't "affecting things on the cellular level", than why are there studies saying diet can affect acne/insulin resistance/inflammation/hormones/etc.?

Note that I did not say diet would cure MPB, or prevent MPB or that diet was the cause of MPB-- but the science seems to point that certain diets could speed up or exasperate MPB.

Why is MPB the only thing that can't be affected by diet but acne/insulin resistance/inflammation/hormone levels and a million other things can be? I feel like most of the people I've heard say this are fat bald people who don't want to believe their poor decisions maybe played some role in their poor outcomes.

me thinks you might be mistaken in your thought processes.
    I do believe that the diet can affect hair growth- but only minimally and non-significantly

I would be interested in any anecdotes of people regrowing their hair by changing their diets or starving themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Occulus View Post
    Then why doesn't diet cure cancer? Or retardation? Or congenital blindness? Or...

AGA has nothing to do with diet. AGA has nothing to do with exercise. As I said, there are billions and billions of people on the planet - if diet or exercise affected AGA one way or the other, the anecdotal evidence would be obvious. Even if it could "exacerbate it," so what? How is that going to impact you in a significant way? You're still going to go bald, or you're still going to stay bald, regardless of what you eat or what you do.
    Don't save for hair implants, save for brain-cell implants instead. You'd be off way better:

Diet can and does CAUSE cancer. And retardation. And im some cases, also blindness. And you can complete the list...

AGA really does have to do with diet. It takes less then an idiot to find out that for example smoking, alcohol, drugs, medicines, poor nutrition levels, diseases, liver failures and a hundred of other things cause hair-loss and contribute to/trigger AGA/MPB. Exercise does effect your hormone levels, which are indirectly and directly linked to AGA/MPB.

So what if it could exacerbate it? How is it going to impact is in a significant way?
    And do you know the diet(history) and body's reaction from these millions of bald(ing) men? Brother i could rage for hours but i don't see any point in trying to learn a stone how to float.

You're right about the part 'going to stay bald' but yet then again there are several solutions for it - which can also be maintained by a healthy diet (and in some cases medication).
    In that case exercise won't make a difference, as you've already lost everything. For the people that haven't lost everything, that what they currently have is better then having nothing and all your statements would be empty air/wasted thoughts/loose pixels again.

Please, understand that human beings only live and survive on and by nature's own ingredients. It has been like this for the past thousands if not millions of years, and it's only since a couple of dozens/hundreds of years that humans are living like by this modified food & health industry. Now, if we switched the asians diet with ours for a strict 250 years, do you honestly believe that there would be no changes in health & cosmetic statistics at all? not even a little bit?

People like you are a major cause for hair-loss. Get things straight and maybe browse ebay for a good pair of brains.

Hey guys, I mostly lurk here, but after reading some of the posts I wanted to chime in on the topic...

Epigenetics will always play a huge role in everything. I too used to be one of those guys that said "No, if you got the balding genes, theres nothing you can do about it".

But it just makes no sense... people are drawing the wrong conclusions...
    Say we got a guy that was NW7 by the time he was 25. Super healthy, eats well and exercises. People look at these types of cases and use them as "proof" that balding cant be stopped. The thing is we cant infer something like that. It doesnt make any sense. However we could say that if that guy hadnt had a healthy lifestyle he probably wouldve gone bald way sooner.

I think like someone mentioned before, saying your lifestyle choices have an effect on mpb is too hard to accept for some of us, as that would put some responsibility on why we're balding and would make us feel guilty for the choices we make.

I think we like to put too much responsibility in 'the big 3', just because its an easier path to take (not financially, probably easier to take a pill everyday than to eat well every day) and because denying that our actions will influence the balding process is easier

Oh really? So you have a link to a double blind that proves that? Please

Diet does not cause AGA hair loss, nor can it restore AGA-lossed hair.
    There are a few monozygotic twin studies that deal with EXACTLY this issue. Comparing environmental factors outcomes to the level of baldness. However YOU are making a claim that "diet does not affect baldness" not me. So the burden of proof lies on you.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23629119
    YOU'RE UP SPORT!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony View Post
    Don't save for hair implants, save for brain-cell implants instead. You'd be off way better:

[B]Diet can and does CAUSE cancer. And retardation. And im some cases, also blindness. And you can complete the list...
    And maybe you should invest in reading lessons, because I didn't write diet doesn't CAUSE cancer, I wrote that it doesn't CURE cancer.

Oh really? So you have a link to a double blind that proves that? Please

Diet does not cause AGA hair loss, nor can it restore AGA-lossed hair.

Agreed. It's all about dht and sebum, testosterone etc. ~ Actually some guys that have had a great healthy diet their whole life and have never smoked cigs can actually be o healthy that by their male body actually produces a high amount of DHT along with producing a high amount of collagen and skin cells. Good eyes etc. Sometimes when a opiate drug addict like a ex heroin user will tell you that the unhealthy drugs made their balding stop because it haunted their testosterone and dht.