+ Reply to Thread

Default Temporal points restoration: How is it done effectively? Is Rahal good for this?

Hi all,

So my understanding is that when restoring the temporal points, not many hairs are needed - but the downside is that we'd need finer hairs to create the tapered off look.

How are these areas re-created effectively? I rarely see pictures from results of established HT surgeons that showcase temporal points work.

I'm considering Rahal and was concerned as to whether he could restore my temporal points.

bump

Pics would be helpful if you want specific advice.

Quote Originally Posted by NSix View Post
    I rarely see pictures from results of established HT surgeons that showcase temporal points work.
    Perhaps it's because the conventional wisdom is that first-time patients using hair transplants for really minor hairline work is generally considered a bad idea. That might not be your situation though? But if you don't see any examples of patients whose "before" photos look like your hairline, it's possible that your degree of hair loss doesn't warrant taking the serious step of committing yourself to hair transplant surgery. Hard to guess though.

Well, my hair loss is minimal. My family history is strange too. My Uncle is a NW3 at 65. My maternal grandfather was a NW2 (but diffusely thin) at 83 when he passed away.

My 63 yr old dad however is a NW5 (but also a stressed out doctor who works long hours and is diabetic).

So while I don't have much loss at age 30, I think it's only going to get worse (I'm assuming I'm going to go bald like my dad, even though I do have good hairlines everywhere else in my family at old ages).

But in my humble opinion: there isn't enough pictures in general of temporal point work.

We could very well be talking about two different issues. I might be confused about your question. If you are talking about the recessed "corners" in the frontal hairline, then conventional wisdom is that it's risky for younger patients, and can be problematic over the long run. If you're talking about the sides near the sideburns (the area on the side where your eyeglasses pass over) then that's different. That work is done by choosing specific hairs that will blend the best - single hair grafts taken from zones where the hair is less robust. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Since you're asking about Dr Rahal, just ask him to show you photos of patients he's done that kind of work on. If he doesn't have any photo examples, then you're possibly among the first-ever patients he would do that procedure on, or he doesn't have good results to show, or he hasn't done a good job documenting his work.

Thanks for the reply.