I think I've hacked it

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamesst11
    • Jun 2014

Most giant discoveries in science aren't just made over night by one person... they are from an accumulation of knowledge contributed to by many scientists and even just smart individuals. I am happy we have people of all capacities and resources exploring this, it needs to happen more. Proof or no proof, this makes me happy.

Comment

• Link Mahboi
      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by jamesst11
      Most giant discoveries in science aren't just made over night by one person... they are from an accumulation of knowledge contributed to by many scientists and even just smart individuals. I am happy we have people of all capacities and resources exploring this, it needs to happen more. Proof or no proof, this makes me happy.
      Wish I could upvote this

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by jamesst11
        Very true. In 1916 Albert Einstein predicted that we would get ripples in space in his General Theory of Relativity. This is caused by two black holes clashing and merging and then warping time and space around it, the fabric of space, 1.3 billion light years away. And when this happens, gravitational waves are sent through space. Now in February 2016, his prediction came true and we finally identified these gravitational waves, of an event that happened before even dinosaurs were around. Why did we do it now, because we needed much better technology to find these waves in space.

It was kind of off topic, but it shows what you said that something can't be done over night by one person is very true and it applies to all science fields, even one of the most intelligent beings in History. It had to be done by many many scientists over the course of multiple decades. Now don't get me wrong I don't want it to take 100 more years, hopefully it doesn't take until the year 2116 to get a hair loss cure lol. But I agree with your post.

Comment

• Dimoxynil
          • Oct 2014

a cure for me is to beat nature, which is not happening any time soon. But if we could trick it somehow ?

Comment

• UNBEAT
            • Dec 2015

any update??

Comment

• jjo
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by UNBEAT
              any update??

+ 1
              is everything ok FGF11?

Comment

• Tobias
                • Feb 2016

I don´t know if the thread starter is still following this thread. But lets try.

According to your theory, it is important to not only prevent the androgen-AR-interaction but also androgen independent AR activation (translocation into the nucleus). Therefore one has to either make the AR disappear altogether (like you tried to) or induce a permanent loss of intranuclear function of the androgen receptor. There are hundreds of known mutations that cause androgen insensitivity. A few of them will not only affect the androgen-AR-interaction but also to intranuclear affinity of the AR to its target.
                What do you think of inducing such a point mutation via chimeric DNA/RNA oligonucleotids? The site directed mutations could be induced ex situ by extracting the hair follicles in order to prevent systemic side effects.

Comment

• Tobias
                  • Feb 2016

I don´t know if the thread starter is still following this thread. But lets try.

According to your theory, it is important to not only prevent the androgen-AR-interaction but also androgen independent AR activation (translocation into the nucleus). Therefore one has to either make the AR disappear altogether (like you tried to) or induce a permanent loss of intranuclear function of the androgen receptor. There are hundreds of known mutations that cause androgen insensitivity. A few of them will not only affect the androgen-AR-interaction but also to intranuclear affinity of the AR to its target.
                  What do you think of inducing such a point mutation via chimeric DNA/RNA oligonucleotids? The site directed mutations could be induced ex situ by extracting the hair follicles in order to prevent systemic side effects.

Comment

• Tobias
                    • Feb 2016

Forgot to say: the idea of fgf11 is not far fetched at all and far from being a scam. If you believe that finasteride works, then you have to believe that his idea works. He just takes it a step further. His approach is not some magical snake oil but an approach that researches use daily to investigate the role of all kinds of proteins in in vitro experiments.
                    This forum is a mixture of all kinds of people from different backgrounds. His motivation most propably was: I have a good idea but not the time or resources to develop it on a bigger scale so I at least want it to be a stepping stone for someone who really works in this field.

Comment

• silver
                      • Sep 2012

I hope fgf11 is still involved here, I would love some more info and update.

take care fgf11, post soon

Comment

• UNBEAT
                        • Dec 2015

WHATS your idea TOBIAS?can you share with us so we can discuss about it?
                        You can make a new thread about this

Comment

• jjo
                          • Oct 2011

FGF11 i really hope this thread doesn't die, any news to report?

Comment

• Link Mahboi
                            • Dec 2014

Did he try to inject the stuff on his head after all?

Comment

• UNBEAT
                              • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Link Mahboi
                              Did he try to inject the stuff on his head after all?
                              +1

Comment

• Hairmore
                                • Oct 2015

FGF11 probably killed himself with some experimental treatment. Poor guy.

Comment

Working...