+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

What that guy has written is amazing. He is not selling anything. He is just explaining his theory and it makes ****ing sense. Some people here should learn to lisen/read what other people are trying to say before attacking them. He also explains the experiment he did on himself and the drugs he used but, as he says, even if someone rich enough could aford to cover his scalp with it, it's unknown what side effects could it have. The most worrisome is that if his theory is correct the definitive cure is still pretty far away.

FGF11 please dont go, Fred970 is a dumbass. Just ignore him.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Look at my join date, and then look at yours, I've been in this far longer than you've been.

Every other month, some mad scientist comes up with these miracle cures he found in his basement.
    Some of them find something that works too (Swiss Temples).

That's nice of you to believe in open science. The jerk offs over at P*G don't. I got this feeling they are plotting to monetize something. Probably RU is my guess.

How they think they are going to compete in price against a Chinese manufacture is beyond me.

Well it was an interesting read, and harsh replies. Although like he said, there's not much we can anyway.

Default Sure, he has an agenda but could it be less than nefarious?

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Get the hell out of here. Just like every other mad scientist scammer. You have something to sell.

Just put in one line what we have to do or take. Give us some f-ing cliffs. If you can't, no one should listen to what you have to say.

Just look at how our current treatments work: take finasteride and apply minoxidil twice a day. Why can't you do that? Because you have an agenda.
    @Fred, what is his agenda? BS artist with some science background? If he is BS I am sure his theory is easily refuted. I don't see his statements as a serious agenda.
    Clue me in one day. Something is amiss with his story I will agree.

Photos? Everyone wants photos. He postulated a freekin theory and everyone here, like Fred, jumps all over the guy. I just think if someone is BS we don't the need harsh words and the doubting genius' that know all the frauds because they have been blogging forever. By someone, his theory was pointed out to be error. I like intelligent responses and the act of civility is not easy for some miserable people.

There really was no purpose insulting FGF11. It's not like he ruined anyone's day by opening this interesting thread, so why call him a scammer?

However, FGF11, if you are reading this, you shouldn't get offedned by the things people say on this forum. Most people here, and especially the most active forumers, are in their early 20's.

Hope you come back and continue the conversation! Worst comes to worst, some of us may have an interesting read

Good god, the time and energy some people are willing to expend just to terrify others with theories on how/why a cure isn't likely to be discovered any time soon ...
    How about actually fixing it instead?

Quote Originally Posted by xyz123 View Post
    His story accounts for what is observed from a genetic perspective. The critical genetic variant on the androgen receptor that leaves us vulnerable to male pattern baldness is carried by 85% of the population (at least among Western Europeans). If you don't have a copy of this variant, then you won't go bald. And this accounts for how a male who becomes NW7 at 21 years of age can have a kid that never loses a hair during his whole life (? John Mayer and Orlando Bloom). He inherited a golden X chromosome from his mother that doesn't carry the AR MPB genetic variant - so no matter what genes he inherits from his father and the remaining genes he inherits from his mother, he'll never go bald - he is protected for life. This also accounts for how a father who never lost a hair his whole life can give birth to a son who goes NW7 at 19. The father may have carried a ton of balding genes - but they effectively could never become "active" because he carried the golden X-chromosome - but then his son inherits a regular X-chromosome from his mother and then his balding genes become relevant and destroys the son's life... This is how balding can skip a generation.

It's only 15% of the population that get this lucky - so for the other 85%, your propensity to develop MPB is influenced by genes from both your mother and your father. Most of us (well, all of us on this website), carry the genetic variant on the AR that makes us vulnerable to MPB - so we will go bald with time - but the rate and the extent is dependent upon the other MPB disease modifying genes (and there are probably many, many genes involved) that you inherit from both of your parents. And this is consistent with what we observe - most people end up being a blend of your maternal and paternal genes. Periodically some people get screwed and inherit all of the MPB disease modifying genes carried by both parents and end up going bald much earlier - and others get lucky and avoid the majority of the MPB disease modifying genes and go bald much later.
    Which variant in the androgen receptor gene are you referring to exactly? Can you link me to the paper where the 85% figure comes from?