+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hairmore View Post
    FGF11 probably killed himself with some experimental treatment. Poor guy.
    Cancer is a bitch, but I didn't know it could act that fast..

Default Something is wrong with the dermaneedling paper

Quote Originally Posted by youngin View Post
    #1 - Finasteride nor any androgen based therapy is going to regrow the amount of hair possible with Minoxidil. As already mentioned, castration only stops hair loss... it doesn't act as ultimate regrowth.
    #2 - If dermarolling is extremely uncomfortable you are doing it wrong. It does not have to be as aggressive as some people make it.
    #3 - You have not followed the long term dermarolling progress. PrettyFly83 went from a NW6 to almost a NW3. In this study men on Finasteride AND Minox for 2-5 years were at a stand still and started regrowing more hair after adding dermarolling:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26120151

Everyone on this forum is far underestimating it because of dumbasses like fred. No one is doing long term runs with the correct supplements for skin support (MSM / Vitamin C / Zinc).
    I was reading through the paper, linked above, an Indian dermaneedling study. These kind of studies usually look very promising, but I almost always find strange details that make me wonder what's going on.

Look at the photos of the treatment. Specifically, Figure 5 shows Patient 1 at 6 months. Then look at Figure 7 (which has 3 photos) of Patient 3 at 6 months. The upper-right picture in Figure 7 is THE SAME as the one picture in Figure 5. WTF? I could see this from the thumbnail size, and when you look at the photos up close, you can clearly see they used the same photo for 2 different patients. Either they faked the results, or they have real results, but are so sloppy and careless that they used the same photo twice. I'm very careful with my research and I don't understand how someone could make such a mistake in a publication like that, and then nobody in the lab even catches the mistake.

If/When FGF11 comes back, I'd like to ask him, can he give us the sequence of the oligo he made?

Quote Originally Posted by bej View Post
    If/When FGF11 comes back, I'd like to ask him, can he give us the sequence of the oligo he made?
    When I typed that, I hadn't got to the part where FGF11 says he's starting up a company. I'm still not done catching up with the thread, but here's my thoughts:

I found it odd that he dismissed every other strategy, yet was so confident about his own. His strategy is to target 1 gene with a gene silencing technique. I'm not sure what level of knock-down he could achieve, but often the genes aren't completely knocked down by these kinds of techniques. And if I assume he aspires to something more than the black market, this is going to require FDA approval for him to sell it. Given that MPB is cosmetic purpose, I highly doubt the FDA would approve a medicine that is injecting a virus into your scalp to alter gene expression. And that's assuming the technology even works. Here's me playing devil's advocate. The virus is foreign to your body. Although it won't be replicating like an infection, your body might still be able to "detect" the "infected" cells. For all FGF11 knows, people might get one of these treatments and have their immune system destroy all the hair follicles. Especially with repeated treatments, each time your immune system will get better and better at detecting and destroying cells expressing foreign proteins.

And I keep thinking back to the fact this is just for 1 gene. An important gene, but still just one gene. It's not likely to be a cure. And it's going to be very very expensive. You'd have to go to a special clinic, and the people there would need to have the expertise to handle these custom viruses, etc.

This thing is going nowhere. Best case scenario, it's available in 10 years.

Just bumping this in case someone has heard something. FGF said he wrote this, so he can find people to talk about this intellectually with. Maybe he, chemical, swooping and others have become part of an underground cure AGA mission.

But seriously FGF, if you see this can you give us an update.

Just bumping this in case someone has heard something. FGF said he wrote this, so he can find people to talk about this intellectually with. Maybe he, chemical, swooping and others have become part of an underground cure AGA mission.

Quote Originally Posted by iaskdumbquestions View Post

+1
    Would love an update or contact soon.

Quote Originally Posted by FGF11 View Post
    Hi Fred970 I was thinking whether I should do this or not, many times when I did a google search, some of these forums showed up. So I just created an account to share what I did. Now, I did what I needed to do, share my knowledge and findings. Hope it shows up in some google search of someone. Please remember this, I said many times that this is not a complete treatment (or cure). It needs injections [you can't do that to your whole temples, all the time], It is ridiculously expensive, and it might have side effects when done in bigger scale. Also, if you call being employed in one of the most scientifically advanced places in the world, basement. I have nothing further to add. This is the last post I have in this forum or any other forum on the web, the only other place I mentioned this was a blog. Sincerely.
    You just wrote a novel about nothing. GTFO!

Quote Originally Posted by cichlidfort View Post
    You just wrote a novel about nothing. GTFO!
    I warned everyone here but apparently I was the idiot.

Don't trust random people on a f-ing message forum.