+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

However, the effectiveness of Androgen Antagonists should be as follow: 1) pure 2) non pure and at the last 3) 5 alpha inhibitors. I sat down, and I thought what could be an alternative, and my eureka moment was when I was looking at the my stella beer. Yes! gene therapy seemed like an alternative alternative. I designed an Antisense Oligonucleotide, and blast the sequence to human genome, to make sure it specifically target AR with no off targets. Antisense Oligonucleotide are much cheaper to make than siRNA, so I chose them as my option. Also, once inside the cell, they can remain active for almost a week, Unlike siRNA's.

There was one big problem though, there was no way to efficiently driver them pass Stratum Corneum. I tried a novel formulae, a cream with the following compositions: glyceryl monostearate (10%), hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (0.5%), isopropyl myristate (10%), methylparaben (0.5%), propylparaben (0.5%), polyoxyl-40-stearate (15%), and water. I stole the formulae from a publication, however, it seemed that this formulae could only deliver Antisense Oligonucleotides, (ASO) into parts with HFs. So It did not seem to be effective at silencing AR gene. I have to say though, to design the AR-ASO, I used a special section of the gene, that seems active in all different splice variants of AR. There are dozens of Splice variants by the way.

Anyways, I saw almost zero effect, now, ASO technology is extremely expensive. Kynamro patients pay like 250,000 for just one year of treatment, so I was not able to waste a lot of money, so I was only testing this, in 1cm*1cm of my skin, it did not work. I however, believe in the technology, and thought of something else, I injected about 100µl of this ASO ****tail Intradermally, much like a TB test. I say a ****tail of ASO, as I had an ASO targeted to Exon-1 and another ASO targeting Intron-1 on AR. Remember, that I was doing this in a very small area, and chances of it getting systemic was absolute zero, so I was taking all the precautions. Also ASO's in small amount are quick to degrade in circulation, and even if they did go to, the quantity was so small that it was like zero effect (much safer than Finasteride). However, since derm has no blood connection, they accumulate in derma layer, so they will enter the cells. Also, I used a chemical modification that gives them negative charge, so they enter the cells regardless of lipolex (it is a common knowledge), any ways, I injected a bout 1mg/100µl of AR-ASO ****tail, every three days, for one month, in an area (1cm*1cm) that had lost its hair ten years ago. After a month, I saw the hairs coming out. However, I had more than 10 injections with a 31 gauge syringe so the skin needed some time to heal. I was sure that ASO was working, however, it was not proving, whether, this effect could be seen by anti androgens also, so I tried to apply RU58841, in the (1cm*1cm) area, and stopped injection of ASO (which by the way costed me more than 2000$, for a month and only ten injection and for an area of 1cm*1cm). Anyways, applying RU58841, was NOT able to keep the hair, and the hair started to miniaturize.

Now, please don't get excited. This has the potential to reverse hair follicle miniaturization in areas that have lost hair for a long time, but it's ridiculously expensive, and hard to do (lack of a proper vehicle). Therefore, it's as of now, (may be not in ten years), will not come to the market. However, as a scientist, my curiosity led me to do this. Also, since it's an experiment, that is translational and (with a proven target) it was possible to publish this, but, I prefer to not publish such a thing in a low impact journal, but I prefer not to, as I have much more challenging academic ideas to follow, and prefer not to publish such articles. Also, I think, the world is changing and less and less people try to publish things that are not academically as rewarding as such I mentioned. Although, the academically rewarding publications, in the big three, is still highly sought after. For example read this new, [http://www.nature.com/news/the-bigge...proof-1.18509]. Anyways, I hope this not only helps people get a better understanding of AGA, also gives them the hope that it is possible to Reverse hair follicle miniaturization sometime in future.

Mark Watney: Every human being has a basic instinct: to help each other out. ... odds, I'm left with only one option, I'm gonna have to science the shit out of this.

I'll come here from time to time, to answer, well formed thoughtful questions that you might have. Good luck everyone, and enjoy your life.

Dude, I'm just going to straight up say what we're all thinking here; You post saying you've found a cure that will regrow hair in a month with no sides, and yet you have no photographical evidence... I want nothing more than all of this to be true, and for you to be some sort of genius finding a miracle cure in your basement, but to convince people you need more than theoretical science jargan, you need evidence.

Thanks for taking the time to give us all this info though bud, you seem very clued up either way.

Thank you Not Giving Up.
    I have photographs, but I do not want to publish them for some reasons. Also, I'm not saying I have the cure, or it's the cure with no side effects. I said no side effects, as I tried this in small amounts, it's quite possible to get sides while increasing the oligo concentration. Another thing, I stopped the experiment in one month, so it could have been a small boost to hair growth, and may be it's not a cure. Also, I'm not trying to convince anyone, those who truly understand what I've done, will know that I have no agenda. I just shared what I had done. And also I'm not a genius.

Thank you for appreciating What I wrote here, it might, someday, come handy, to one person, who knows! take care

wow; I need to read it all again; thank you for sharing.
    BTW; you dont think finasteride is safe ?

Quote Originally Posted by FGF11 View Post
    and enjoy your life.
    For real?

Quote Originally Posted by FGF11 View Post
    Mark Watney: Every human being has a basic instinct: to help each other out. ... odds, I'm left with only one option, I'm gonna have to science the shit out of this.

I'll come here from time to time, to answer, well formed thoughtful questions that you might have. Good luck everyone, and enjoy your life. You should sign up for *******.com
    great stuff!