+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

You ranted a lot about the scientific process but did not address any one of my points about your science. Also, propecia is very effective at stopping hair loss in most people who take it (like 80 percent or something). If non-androgen compounds were so important to turning on the AR and the balding process, then why is this true? Also again, why does your theory imply that replicel "won't work"? if the problem lies in the AR, then surely replacing AR sensitive cells with new ones is a good idea. So is something like histogen which essentially drowns out the AR's signals. You make very sweeping statements about what will and wont work, and then show no proof that your ideas work at all. It's very hard to take any of this seriously when you have no evidence, even if your idea is legit, which it might be. How is this supposed to be useful to anyone if you don't put it into action? I don't think you're trying to make money (though maybe you should be). If you have proof that it works and can get hair scientists to back you up, I'm sure with some effort you could get things rolling somewhere, even if its japan or europe and not is the US.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    You ranted a lot about the scientific process but did not address any one of my points about your science. Also, propecia is very effective at stopping hair loss in most people who take it (like 80 percent or something). If non-androgen compounds were so important to turning on the AR and the balding process, then why is this true? Also again, why does your theory imply that replicel "won't work"? if the problem lies in the AR, then surely replacing AR sensitive cells with new ones is a good idea. So is something like histogen which essentially drowns out the AR's signals. You make very sweeping statements about what will and wont work, and then show no proof that your ideas work at all. It's very hard to take any of this seriously when you have no evidence, even if your idea is legit, which it might be. How is this supposed to be useful to anyone if you don't put it into action? I don't think you're trying to make money (though maybe you should be). If you have proof that it works and can get hair scientists to back you up, I'm sure with some effort you could get things rolling somewhere, even if its japan or europe and not is the US.
    propecia is not 80% effective in stopping hair loss... that's complete BS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    propecia is not 80% effective in stopping hair loss... that's complete BS
    youre right james, propecia stops the balding process in 90+ percent of people, not only 80% LOL

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21910805

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    What happened with Follicept?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    youre right james, propecia stops the balding process in 90+ percent of people, not only 80% LOL

It didn't help me at all! To see any result you need 3 to 6 months, then after 1/2 years it does not work for most guys. That is my observation. Maybe wrong, or right!

Yeah, the 90+% wake up feeling like shit and can't get it up/gyno too. Fin definitely can help/work to halt or slow the inevitable , but for a lot of people that comes at a steep price.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post

I have thoroughly read hundreds of research papers and published articles through my 6 years attaining my masters degree in cellular and molecular bio, and have even published two myself. I know for a fact that this is complete bullshit.

I would say that propecia HELPS MAINTAIN in 50-60% of people who regularly use it and can bare the side effects. That is more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    I would say that propecia HELPS MAINTAIN in 50-60% of people who regularly use it and can bare the side effects. That is more accurate.
    Do you have facts to back that up with?

nope, that's why I prefaced that statement with, "i would say"... believe what you want to man, but 80-90% is WAY OFF.