+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Opinions on the following clinics.......

Hello all,

So, after a bad start i've researched like crazy and decided on the following clinics, mainly as they are the only UK clinics who's surgeons are members of the IAHRS (apart from HS Hair Clinic).

So i'm looking for some advice, stories (good and bad!) about these places:

Crown Clinic
    Restore Hair Clinic
    Harley Street Hair Clinic
    Farjo
    Ziering

Any advice would be greatly received so I can try to narrow the list down and book some consultations.

Thanks!

M.

I've been for a consultation at the 'Harley Street Hair Clinic'.
    They were very friendly and happy to answer any questions. I was greeted by a consultant who discussed my hair loss ie was hair loss hereditary have i been taking propecia etc and was then introduced to one of the surgeons who had a close look at my scalp. She then gave a short preliminary assessment. all in all it was a very relaxed comfortable meeting with no pressure to commit to any procedure. I've not decided what i'm going to do yet but they are top of my list if i commit.

Are you taking any medication? Most reputable places seem to recommend taking Finasteride for 6 months before having a procedure.

Inactive

Personally, I'm always a bit hesitant of places that are named something generic like a "Hair Clinic". It seems impersonal to me, as you don't even know by the name who the doctor is - and that's the most important part of choosing your surgeon.

The only name from that list that I can speak on would be Dr. Farjo. I've never had a procedure with them personally, but from online interactions and what I know of their practice and reputation, they would definitely be the first ones I would check out.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by pkipling View Post
    Personally, I'm always a bit hesitant of places that are named something generic like a "Hair Clinic". It seems impersonal to me, as you don't even know by the name who the doctor is - and that's the most important part of choosing your surgeon.
    Agree.

I had mine done with farjo and they are really nice professional people. Transplant hasn't worked out though, my straight, silky hair has grown back hard, dry and so frizzy it can't be straightened properly. It looks so bizarre when my hair is wet coz the transplanted hair gets dry really quickly and then bunches up in a frizz ball on top of my normal, still wet hair. I'm actually in the process of having a lot of the transplanted hair around my hairline laser removed so I have less of the frizzy hair to deal with. I look like a Chucky doll unless it aggressively blow dried which is bad for the rest of my hair. I think the UK is just not up to speed yet as I have been told that this could have been avoided by not cutting the root so close on the donor hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    I had mine done with farjo and they are really nice professional people. Transplant hasn't worked out though, my straight, silky hair has grown back hard, dry and so frizzy it can't be straightened properly. It looks so bizarre when my hair is wet coz the transplanted hair gets dry really quickly and then bunches up in a frizz ball on top of my normal, still wet hair. I'm actually in the process of having a lot of the transplanted hair around my hairline laser removed so I have less of the frizzy hair to deal with. I look like a Chucky doll unless it aggressively blow dried which is bad for the rest of my hair. I think the UK is just not up to speed yet as I have been told that this could have been avoided by not cutting the root so close on the donor hair.
    omg can we see pictures? How do you manage it?

Quote Originally Posted by mhopton07 View Post
    Hello all,

So, after a bad start i've researched like crazy and decided on the following clinics, mainly as they are the only UK clinics who's surgeons are members of the IAHRS (apart from HS Hair Clinic).

So i'm looking for some advice, stories (good and bad!) about these places:

Crown Clinic
    Restore Hair Clinic
    Harley Street Hair Clinic
    Farjo
    Ziering

Any advice would be greatly received so I can try to narrow the list down and book some consultations.

Thanks!

M.
    What was the bad start?

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Hey Moi! When did you have your hair transplant done? Have you reached out to Farjo's Clinic to speak to them about this? I've never heard of such a thing and would be curious to know more. In general, the transplanted hairs are more fine in the early growth stages, which is why I'm wondering how far out you are from your hair transplant. Hoping it's possible that all it really needs is a little more time...

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Pkipling,

With all due respect, don't you work for a clinic that is called, or at least was called up until very recently, "US Hair Restoration"?

And I'd love for someone to explain to me how someone having their name on the front door of the business, so to speak, makes such a difference that they won't run the forums for nine months screaming about how pissed they are because of the work they received.

To the OP; in reality, the name of a clinic is meaningless. What matters is what you learn once you set foot in the door, or the virtual door by way of an online consultation. If you can make it to these clinics for in person evaluation then by all means you absolutely should. Learn what questions to ask but more importantly learn what the possible answers are and which answers are better than the others. Then reach out to these clinics and ask for references that you can speak with. If you can avoid surgery at all then by all means this is the absolute best route to take but if you're going to continue down the HT route it will take research first, just to prepare yourself for a consultation so don't rush, read the forums, and ask questions.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    Pkipling,

With all due respect, don't you work for a clinic that is called, or at least was called up until very recently, "US Hair Restoration"?

And I'd love for someone to explain to me how someone having their name on the front door of the business, so to speak, makes such a difference that they won't run the forums for nine months screaming about how pissed they are because of the work they received.

To the OP; in reality, the name of a clinic is meaningless. What matters is what you learn once you set foot in the door, or the virtual door by way of an online consultation. If you can make it to these clinics for in person evaluation then by all means you absolutely should. Learn what questions to ask but more importantly learn what the possible answers are and which answers are better than the others. Then reach out to these clinics and ask for references that you can speak with. If you can avoid surgery at all then by all means this is the absolute best route to take but if you're going to continue down the HT route it will take research first, just to prepare yourself for a consultation so don't rush, read the forums, and ask questions.
    Valid point. It is still a personal opinion of mine that I would be much more likely to actively seek out surgeons who had their name on the door (unless it came from a referral, which is how I found Dr. Mohebi), which is why I'm glad that Dr. Mohebi changed the name from US Hair Restoration to Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration. A more generic name to me implies that any number of rotating doctors could be performing your procedure, whether that's true or not. And if it were the case, that's not something that I would feel terribly comfortable with. That's all I meant by that.