+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hairmore View Post
    Thanks a lot. Your post puts things into perspective.
    Always the NW1-2's who think they have so much perspective regarding baldness, which they've never even experienced.

    Come back when you're NW5 IAMX, and we'll see if you hold the same positive discourse then.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Always the NW1-2's who think they have so much perspective regarding baldness, which they've never even experienced.

    Come back when you're NW5 IAMX, and we'll see if you hold the same positive discourse then.
    +100. It's ALWAYS the people with the least amount of hair loss (barely even noticeable, if at all) who say things like "chill out brah" or "get a grip". They have NO IDEA because they have never lived through true baldness.

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Always the NW1-2's who think they have so much perspective regarding baldness, which they've never even experienced.

    Come back when you're NW5 IAMX, and we'll see if you hold the same positive discourse then.
    would you say being an NW5 is a major difference than being an NW 2.5/3?

    because my hairline looks like this:



    Which to me at 22/23/24 is hideous and I have no choice but to shave my head everyday and even though I shave my head you can still very easily see my disgusting hairline, it's as if I didn't shave my head at all. I know as a pure skinhead I would look different but I don't know if better or worse.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThisSucksDude View Post
    would you say being an NW5 is a major difference than being an NW 2.5/3?

    because my hairline looks like this:



    Which to me at 22/23/24 is hideous and I have no choice but to shave my head everyday and even though I shave my head you can still very easily see my disgusting hairline, it's as if I didn't shave my head at all. I know as a pure skinhead I would look different but I don't know if better or worse.
    If your hairline looks like this, you should rock the mohawk dude!

  5. #15
    Junior Member IAMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Always the NW1-2's who think they have so much perspective regarding baldness, which they've never even experienced.

    Come back when you're NW5 IAMX, and we'll see if you hold the same positive discourse then.
    God i'm ****ing sick of hierarchy bullshit on online community forums. **** off you bitter troll.
    I was just sharing and trying to help, but that means nothing to an NW-elitist douche-bag like you, your bitterness shines more than your head ever will Fred.
    You've inspired me to never be like you when I do reach your '100% down-to-earth oh-so-real genuine' level of NW.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IAMX View Post
    God i'm ****ing sick of hierarchy bullshit on online community forums. **** off you bitter troll.
    I was just sharing and trying to help, but that means nothing to an NW-elitist douche-bag like you, your bitterness shines more than your head ever will Fred.
    You've inspired me to never be like you when I do reach your '100% down-to-earth oh-so-real genuine' level of NW.
    Wait until you're bald. You will wish you could delete those "uplifting" posts.

    Of course I'm bitter, because that's what true baldness does to a human being.

    You will become like me whether you want it or not.

  7. #17
    Junior Member IAMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Wait until you're bald. You will wish you could delete those "uplifting" posts.

    Of course I'm bitter, because that's what true baldness does to a human being.

    You will become like me whether you want it or not.
    I'll make it a point never to be like you, thanks
    enjoy your misery Fred.

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Moreso in defense of the truth than fred: misery is still preferable to delusion.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    this is not so black and white...there are people with full heads of hair that will know a depression greater than any of us ever could fathom. To deny this fact is delusional. It's brain chemistry, it's biochemical. "Every man thinks his burden is the heaviest"

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IAMX View Post
    I'll make it a point never to be like you, thanks
    enjoy your misery Fred.
    What makes you think I'm miserable? I'm not. And my life was alright when I was bald too.

    I was only miserable when:

    - A girl told me she could not be with a bald guy
    - A girlfriend would leave me for a NW1
    - People threw jokes at me for being bald
    - People asked me if I had cancer or some harsh disease
    - I remembered I was inferior to the other young guys with hair
    - I looked in the mirror and didn't recognize myself.
    - I thought about all the things I could have lived if I still had a full head of hair, that will now never happen. A youth never truly lived.
    - I had to be on medication and to be hospitalized because the above became unbearable.

    Other than that, I still had a good life overall.

    Hair loss doesn't prevent you from laughing and having a great time with your friends, or having short-term relationships until the girl realizes she's dating an inferior man.

    Fast forward after my successful hair transplant: all the things cited above disappeared. I haven't taken an antidepressant in 3 years (had never took them before hair loss by the way).

    Life is quite good, when you (look like you) have hair on your head. When you don't, you can still be relatively OK, if you can deal with all the above.

    Also: I'm 6'3, I have the perfect head shape for being bald, and I'm not bad looking. Most balding guys don't have these advantages.

    Try being 5'7, with a weird head shape and average-looking. What are your uplifting advices for these guys?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    this is not so black and white...there are people with full heads of hair that will know a depression greater than any of us ever could fathom. To deny this fact is delusional. It's brain chemistry, it's biochemical. "Every man thinks his burden is the heaviest"
    Wrong, I had never seen the inside of a psychiatrist's office before hair loss hit me at the age of 19. (16 in fact, but it took me 3 years to notice it).

Similar Threads

  1. Baldness: what is baldness?
    By ProfilehairCentre in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2014, 12:26 AM
  2. Will male pattern baldness always lead to complete baldness ?
    By Greenock in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-22-2014, 07:05 AM
  3. Why is baldness seen as an old man's disease?
    By baldozer in forum Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-17-2014, 03:41 PM
  4. Baldness acceptance from a 25 y/o
    By MacB87 in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-08-2012, 02:13 PM
  5. A cow cure the baldness
    By Wanthair in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-04-2010, 02:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Just got a buzzcut, is my
12-06-2017 03:57 AM
Last Post By TUP2020
Today 11:55 AM
Gmail Accounts Login
Today 10:43 AM
Last Post By MikkiM3389
Today 10:43 AM
What do you think about me?
Yesterday 11:42 AM
by TUP2020
Last Post By TUP2020
Today 09:23 AM