+ Reply to Thread

Default Use meds to save your young adulthood....just do it

Some of you might remember me, I used to be very active here. Have gone through different phases of depression, anger, positivity, rationality, sorrow, over and over. This is mostly for very young guys who are balding & on the fence about finasteride/dutasteride....my advice is to not let scary stories keep you from taking these drugs so you can have a normal or semi-normal youth

I started losing hair in my early 20s, started keto shampoo at like 23 or 24, started fin at 25, started dut at 27ish and oral spiro within the last year. I am going on 31 now

My hair loss has very slowly continued through the years after some initial regrowth from when I started DHT inhibitors. If you start losing young, you will probably not stop hairloss 100% with these drugs. HOWEVER. They did allow me to live through my entire 20s without anyone thinking I was losing my hair....even now I can barely, just barely style it to look NW1 (even though the stylishness has been compromised to maintain the illusion of density and healthy hairline/temples)

Hairloss is terrible, even in your early 30s. It slowly kills your sexual identity, self image, zest for life. However if you can at least look back on your formative years and say you made the most of them, this does make a huge difference. You do not want to feel like you wasted your youth, that is the worst

During the last 7-8 years (I think I 1st noticed hair loss at 22-23), hair meds let me keep a trendy style & the illusion of a full head of hair. Never had to use concealer or hairpieces or surgery. I knew time & the odds were against me so I made a lot of daring moves with women I probably would not have if I did not suffer from this genetic disease. I slept with many & even got to fall in love again (before ruining it with my insecurity which is 95% due to hair. oh well)

There is a lot of bittersweetness to this kind of life. You know you are on borrowed time and it can be hard not to let that thought creep into your head even when you are experiencing something amazing (love or even just great sex). However those times when you are totally "present" & indulging in the moment, make it worth it. It is important to build amazing memories that you can look back on later

The other thing is that balding in your 30s is not as bad as in your 20s. It is still shit, especially @ 30 or 31 vs 38 or 39. But by this time you have balding peers & people are not so image obsessed. Because by this time you have (hopefully) developed other things going for you. Money, character traits, skills etc.

Anyway. Bottom line, if I had not taken meds, my young adulthood after my very early 20s would have been terrible. You guys out there losing hair as teens or 20-somethings, just take f*cking meds and go live life while you can

EDIT......obviously this approach depends on detecting hair loss early. If you are the kind of guy who somehow does not notice balding until he is a NW3 vertex, then you are facing a different set of challenges & need to be looking at different solutions (in addition to meds)

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    EDIT......obviously this approach depends on detecting hair loss early. If you are the kind of guy who somehow does not notice balding until he is a NW3 vertex, then you are facing a different set of challenges & need to be looking at different solutions (in addition to meds)
    Believe it or not, I knew I was going bald for a long time, but just didn't care. I sported a shaved head anyway out of choice. It wasn't until my temples really recessed and I had hardly any semblance of a hairline that it severely impacted my image, and then I began to realize that this is something I should care about.

I definitely agree with your advice. If you're losing your hair, catch it early and maintain what you have while you're young. That was my mistake, leaving it too late.

Some of you might remember me, I used to be very active here. Have gone through different phases of depression, anger, positivity, rationality, sorrow, over and over. This is mostly for very young guys who are balding & on the fence about finasteride/dutasteride....my advice is to not let scary stories keep you from taking these drugs so you can have a normal or semi-normal youth

I started losing hair in my early 20s, started keto shampoo at like 23 or 24, started fin at 25, started dut at 27ish and oral spiro within the last year. I am going on 31 now

My hair loss has very slowly continued through the years after some initial regrowth from when I started DHT inhibitors. If you start losing young, you will probably not stop hairloss 100% with these drugs. HOWEVER. They did allow me to live through my entire 20s without anyone thinking I was losing my hair....even now I can barely, just barely style it to look NW1 (even though the stylishness has been compromised to maintain the illusion of density and healthy hairline/temples)

Hairloss is terrible, even in your early 30s. It slowly kills your sexual identity, self image, zest for life. However if you can at least look back on your formative years and say you made the most of them, this does make a huge difference. You do not want to feel like you wasted your youth, that is the worst

During the last 7-8 years (I think I 1st noticed hair loss at 22-23), hair meds let me keep a trendy style & the illusion of a full head of hair. Never had to use concealer or hairpieces or surgery. I knew time & the odds were against me so I made a lot of daring moves with women I probably would not have if I did not suffer from this genetic disease. I slept with many & even got to fall in love again (before ruining it with my insecurity which is 95% due to hair. oh well)

There is a lot of bittersweetness to this kind of life. You know you are on borrowed time and it can be hard not to let that thought creep into your head even when you are experiencing something amazing (love or even just great sex). However those times when you are totally "present" & indulging in the moment, make it worth it. It is important to build amazing memories that you can look back on later

The other thing is that balding in your 30s is not as bad as in your 20s. It is still shit, especially @ 30 or 31 vs 38 or 39. But by this time you have balding peers & people are not so image obsessed. Because by this time you have (hopefully) developed other things going for you. Money, character traits, skills etc.

Anyway. Bottom line, if I had not taken meds, my young adulthood after my very early 20s would have been terrible. You guys out there losing hair as teens or 20-somethings, just take f*cking meds and go live life while you can

This goes both ways dude. I am 33. I have lost 25% of my already thinning hair while on finasteride for the last 9 months. This has happened to many people and you can read about it all over the forums. I am not saying that this drug is evil or doesn't work for some, but the illusion that fin works for 90% of people is greatly over exaggerated.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    This goes both ways dude. I am 33. I have lost 25% of my already thinning hair while on finasteride for the last 9 months. This has happened to many people and you can read about it all over the forums. I am not saying that this drug is evil or doesn't work for some, but the illusion that fin works for 90% of people is greatly over exaggerated.
    Yes I have heard this from others too. In fact my hair took a hit after starting dut. Amazing we do not have better treatments for a soul crushing disease that half the world has.....yet we can explore Mars w/ f*cking robots or blow up the planet with a few buttons

However 5ar inhibitors are still the best bet for someone who realizes he is losing his hair. You did the best you could in your situation

Hahaha... Yup exactly. **** this bullshit.
    Yes I have heard this from others too. In fact my hair took a hit after starting dut. Amazing we do not have better treatments for a soul crushing disease that half the world has.....yet we can explore Mars w/ f*cking robots or blow up the planet with a few buttons

However 5ar inhibitors are still the best bet for someone who realizes he is losing his hair. You did the best you could in your situation

In another 4 or 5 years though there will be alternatives to propecia. So the choice right now is use it or dont but in another couple years that will change.