+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default The Balding Survival Guide.

Okay, so this will be full of some cliches, and please do feel free to add your own, but these are some steps to take to keep girls interested when going bald is the only option you have left and treatments fail.

1. Keep it shaved/short. Very few people rock the mad professor look. If you've lost the top, don't try to compensate with lengthy sides.

2. Gain some muscle mass. If you're skinny and bald you have the potential to receive very harsh comments about your health. Being in good physical condition is more important to some chicks than hair, so get those buldging biceps and six pac abs. You can't control your hairloss, but you can control your waste line.

3. Stubble. It's an obvious one our boy Jason Stath has shown us over the years. Actual studies show women are more attracted to men with stubble than those with clean shaven skin or full beards.
    If you can't grow facial, Google the minoxidil beard experiment and give it a go. I'm 8 weeks into mine and it's working well.

4. Get a tan. A good skin tone can really even out your complexion and keep you looking healthy and attractive.

5. Tattoos. Girls love ink. It's a fact. Full sleeves, chest pieces, it all adds to the effect.

6. Learn to cook. Okay, for those not about the physical, learn to cook. Girls love a man that can wine and dine them. Good cooking is something a lot of men can't offer and if you get a girl swooning over your dish her only meal from then on out will be eating out the palm of your hand.

7. Learn another language. Ever see a hot Spanish chick and think 'hell, I wish I had a way in.' Well Charming her in her own language is a good start. And all the chicks who don't speak it will think you're insanely intelligent and extra sexy as scientific studies have shown.

8. Learn a musical intrument. Man plays guitar. Man gets laid. Enough said. The piano is a romantic instrument too, dazzle them with your skills.

Okay, that's all I can think of for now on my lunch break. Bros, add to the list, so many people are convinced they won't get women, and please try to ignore the obvious 'become famous.' Or 'be stupidly rich'

1. Agree
    2. Nope, I refuse to become a stereotypical bald meathead just to impress women. Also, hair is infinitely more important than muscles. Muscles will never compensate for a NW7.
    3. Agree
    4. Nope, I won't increase my risk of cancer by 90% just to look "healthy and attractive". Again, it won't compensate for a full shiny chrome dome.
    5. Nope, I won't mutilate my body even more, baldness already did a pretty good job at that.
    6. "He's bald and ugly, but he can cook so I want to go out with him!" Thought no girl ever.
    7. "He's bald and ugly, but he can speak Spanish so I want to go out with him!" Thought no girl ever.
    8. "He's bald and ugly, but he can play Stairway to Heaven, so I want to go out with him!" Thought no girl ever.

A lot of nonsense here. Bottom line, yes keep you hair buzzed (never completely shaved to the bone, this is a mistake) and grow a stubble to gain back some of the lost facial symmetry.

Bottom bottom line: Nothing will compensate for a bald head, absolutely nothing. Only hair will save you. None of the things you cited will matter, because what matters to girls is 100% looks.

1. agreed. Shorter is really the better way to go when you hit NW3. before that long hair still tends to look fine.

2. agreed. Skinny bald guys look like they have some health problem...

3.well? Looks good on me but does not necessity look great on everyone. Perhaps better if you have a skinny face and do this.

4. No. That is so stereotypical and makes you appear more dumb if it is overdone. Some modest tan would be fine.

5. No please not. Stereotypical plus not all girls like tats.

6. Good advice to any men. But not necessary to include that in something you want to call a "survival guide"

7. Same as no 6: not necessary to include that in something you want to call a "survival guide"

8. Same as the two above. Why include this?

You lost me when you called tattoos 'mutilating' your body.

If anyone has a contribution to make that isn't narcissistic, opinions being passed off as facts then that would be great.
    Positivity guys.

I'm not saying that all of these things HAVE to be done. They are just some options you may or may not want to explore.

I'm not asking you to judge these with a right or wrong attitude, it's my opinion, that's all. This forum is getting so negative these days, chill the f*ck out.

Quote Originally Posted by Not giving up View Post
    I'm not saying that all of these things HAVE to be done. They are just some options you may or may not want to explore.

I'm not asking you to judge these with a right or wrong attitude, it's my opinion, that's all. This forum is getting so negative these days, chill the f*ck out.
    Well if you want to have a survival guide it has to be good otherwise you may die... so some constructive feedback would be nice no?

The vast majority of these advices have nothing to do with baldness!

It reminds me of a dating guru replying to a guy saying he couldn't get laid.

Do you know what he said? "You should get a job in sales!"

Of course, the guy wasn't stupid and replied: "How is getting a job in sales going help me get laid?!"

And of course, the dating guru replied: "You are negative, you don't have the right attitude! You don't want to do what it takes to get laid!"

It's the same here. You're telling bald men they should learn a language, play an instrument and get tattoos so women won't care about their baldness?!

These advices have nothing to do with baldness. It won't help any bald man out there, it's so random you could have said: "Just learn juggle! Then women won't care" For god's sake.

You want good advice for a real survival guide: medication, hair transplants, body hair transplants, SMP and finally concealers on top of it.

I won't chill the f-ck out, I've been completely bald by the age of 22, and I've had it with these self-righteous BS advices that are always given by some thick NW2.5.

Nothing will save you from baldness but hair itself, get that through your thick fullhead skull.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Nothing will save you from baldness but hair itself, get that through your thick fullhead skull.
    Amen

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    I won't chill the f-ck out, I've been completely bald by the age of 22, and I've had it with these self-righteous BS advices that are always given by some thick NW2.5
    ... Wow. First of all, put your tampon back in dear. Really lost your cool there huh? Chin up champ.

Secondly, you listed treatments as a solution to baldness. For some they don't work. You listed HT. Some can't afford them. Is this a literal 'survival guide' for being bald? No. Obviously. im sorry for giving you a misleading title. You were obviously expected some sort of navy seal style run down and all I've given you is alternative solutions to losing your sh*t about being bald. Something you clearly relish in.

The point of this thread, which has been missed by all that have replied thus far, was to suggest some ways that you might better yourself. Will it stop women from seeing your bald? No. Did I say it would? No. Will they maybe give you more confidence? Some, Probably. Will it give you a sense of accomplishment? Maybe. Some of the things on that list have nothing to do with balding, well observed, have you ever considered the best way to come to terms with something you hate about yourself might be to focus on other things?

Some people, whether they are poor responders or just cant afford things, will go bald. End of. So what? They will just be unhappy without hair? This list is about surviving being bald, not curing it. There is no cure, that's why we are here. It's about coping, surviving. And that's relevant to all stages of hairloss, not just your story you love to throw in everyone else's face.

The sad thing is despite you trying to belittle me, despite you trying to attack what I've said here, I don't wish bad for you. We're all on the same sh*t journey here. I wasn't calling anyone out with this, it was meant to be a fun tongue and cheek positive thread where people could share things that help them cope with all this. Obviously that's been missed. Congratulations Fred, as ever, your bald is the worst bald and we should all shut up. Good luck, sincerely.

Thumbs up

... Wow. First of all, put your tampon back in dear. Really lost your cool there huh? Chin up champ.

Secondly, you listed treatments as a solution to baldness. For some they don't work. You listed HT. Some can't afford them. Is this a literal 'survival guide' for being bald? No. Obviously. im sorry for giving you a misleading title. You were obviously expected some sort of navy seal style run down and all I've given you is alternative solutions to losing your sh*t about being bald. Something you clearly relish in.

The point of this thread, which has been missed by all that have replied thus far, was to suggest some ways that you might better yourself. Will it stop women from seeing your bald? No. Did I say it would? No. Will they maybe give you more confidence? Some, Probably. Will it give you a sense of accomplishment? Maybe. Some of the things on that list have nothing to do with balding, well observed, have you ever considered the best way to come to terms with something you hate about yourself might be to focus on other things?

Some people, whether they are poor responders or just cant afford things, will go bald. End of. So what? They will just be unhappy without hair? This list is about surviving being bald, not curing it. There is no cure, that's why we are here. It's about coping, surviving. And that's relevant to all stages of hairloss, not just your story you love to throw in everyone else's face.

The sad thing is despite you trying to belittle me, despite you trying to attack what I've said here, I don't wish bad for you. We're all on the same sh*t journey here. I wasn't calling anyone out with this, it was meant to be a fun tongue and cheek positive thread where people could share things that help them cope with all this. Obviously that's been missed. Congratulations Fred, as ever, your bald is the worst bald and we should all shut up. Good luck, sincerely.
    I think this was a great thread to start. We are all in the same boat, but too many of these guys on the forums are miserable and want everyone else to be also. Fred, is probably one of the top 10 in this category that I have ever seen and I've been on the forums for a very long time. Positive is good and for anyone to claim that working out and improving other aspects of your life is just compensating, I don't even want to imagine what kind of small lives these people live. Life is all about rolling with the punches and, working hard to overcome something that might never be in our control This is the only way to succeed.