Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Not giving up
    • Jun 2015

The Balding Survival Guide.

Okay, so this will be full of some cliches, and please do feel free to add your own, but these are some steps to take to keep girls interested when going bald is the only option you have left and treatments fail.

1. Keep it shaved/short. Very few people rock the mad professor look. If you've lost the top, don't try to compensate with lengthy sides.

2. Gain some muscle mass. If you're skinny and bald you have the potential to receive very harsh comments about your health. Being in good physical condition is more important to some chicks than hair, so get those buldging biceps and six pac abs. You can't control your hairloss, but you can control your waste line.

3. Stubble. It's an obvious one our boy Jason Stath has shown us over the years. Actual studies show women are more attracted to men with stubble than those with clean shaven skin or full beards.
    If you can't grow facial, Google the minoxidil beard experiment and give it a go. I'm 8 weeks into mine and it's working well.

4. Get a tan. A good skin tone can really even out your complexion and keep you looking healthy and attractive.

5. Tattoos. Girls love ink. It's a fact. Full sleeves, chest pieces, it all adds to the effect.

6. Learn to cook. Okay, for those not about the physical, learn to cook. Girls love a man that can wine and dine them. Good cooking is something a lot of men can't offer and if you get a girl swooning over your dish her only meal from then on out will be eating out the palm of your hand.

7. Learn another language. Ever see a hot Spanish chick and think 'hell, I wish I had a way in.' Well Charming her in her own language is a good start. And all the chicks who don't speak it will think you're insanely intelligent and extra sexy as scientific studies have shown.

8. Learn a musical intrument. Man plays guitar. Man gets laid. Enough said. The piano is a romantic instrument too, dazzle them with your skills.

Okay, that's all I can think of for now on my lunch break. Bros, add to the list, so many people are convinced they won't get women, and please try to ignore the obvious 'become famous.' Or 'be stupidly rich'
  • fred970
    • Nov 2009

1. Agree
    2. Nope, I refuse to become a stereotypical bald meathead just to impress women. Also, hair is infinitely more important than muscles. Muscles will never compensate for a NW7.
    3. Agree
    4. Nope, I won't increase my risk of cancer by 90% just to look "healthy and attractive". Again, it won't compensate for a full shiny chrome dome.
    5. Nope, I won't mutilate my body even more, baldness already did a pretty good job at that.
    6. "He's bald and ugly, but he can cook so I want to go out with him!" Thought no girl ever.
    7. "He's bald and ugly, but he can speak Spanish so I want to go out with him!" Thought no girl ever.
    8. "He's bald and ugly, but he can play Stairway to Heaven, so I want to go out with him!" Thought no girl ever.

A lot of nonsense here. Bottom line, yes keep you hair buzzed (never completely shaved to the bone, this is a mistake) and grow a stubble to gain back some of the lost facial symmetry.

Bottom bottom line: Nothing will compensate for a bald head, absolutely nothing. Only hair will save you. None of the things you cited will matter, because what matters to girls is 100% looks.

Comment

• VFrankenstein
      • Oct 2015

1. agreed. Shorter is really the better way to go when you hit NW3. before that long hair still tends to look fine.

2. agreed. Skinny bald guys look like they have some health problem...

3.well? Looks good on me but does not necessity look great on everyone. Perhaps better if you have a skinny face and do this.

4. No. That is so stereotypical and makes you appear more dumb if it is overdone. Some modest tan would be fine.

5. No please not. Stereotypical plus not all girls like tats.

6. Good advice to any men. But not necessary to include that in something you want to call a "survival guide"

7. Same as no 6: not necessary to include that in something you want to call a "survival guide"

8. Same as the two above. Why include this?

Comment

• Not giving up
        • Jun 2015

You lost me when you called tattoos 'mutilating' your body.

If anyone has a contribution to make that isn't narcissistic, opinions being passed off as facts then that would be great.
        Positivity guys.

Comment

• Not giving up
          • Jun 2015

I'm not saying that all of these things HAVE to be done. They are just some options you may or may not want to explore.

I'm not asking you to judge these with a right or wrong attitude, it's my opinion, that's all. This forum is getting so negative these days, chill the f*ck out.

Comment

• VFrankenstein
            • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Not giving up
            I'm not saying that all of these things HAVE to be done. They are just some options you may or may not want to explore.

I'm not asking you to judge these with a right or wrong attitude, it's my opinion, that's all. This forum is getting so negative these days, chill the f*ck out.
            Well if you want to have a survival guide it has to be good otherwise you may die... so some constructive feedback would be nice no?

Comment

• fred970
              • Nov 2009

The vast majority of these advices have nothing to do with baldness!

It reminds me of a dating guru replying to a guy saying he couldn't get laid.

Do you know what he said? "You should get a job in sales!"

Of course, the guy wasn't stupid and replied: "How is getting a job in sales going help me get laid?!"

And of course, the dating guru replied: "You are negative, you don't have the right attitude! You don't want to do what it takes to get laid!"

It's the same here. You're telling bald men they should learn a language, play an instrument and get tattoos so women won't care about their baldness?!

These advices have nothing to do with baldness. It won't help any bald man out there, it's so random you could have said: "Just learn juggle! Then women won't care" For god's sake.

You want good advice for a real survival guide: medication, hair transplants, body hair transplants, SMP and finally concealers on top of it.

I won't chill the f-ck out, I've been completely bald by the age of 22, and I've had it with these self-righteous BS advices that are always given by some thick NW2.5.

Nothing will save you from baldness but hair itself, get that through your thick fullhead skull.

Comment

• polios
                • Oct 2015

Originally posted by fred970
                Nothing will save you from baldness but hair itself, get that through your thick fullhead skull.
                Amen

Comment

• Not giving up
                  • Jun 2015

Originally posted by fred970
                  I won't chill the f-ck out, I've been completely bald by the age of 22, and I've had it with these self-righteous BS advices that are always given by some thick NW2.5
                  ... Wow. First of all, put your tampon back in dear. Really lost your cool there huh? Chin up champ.

Secondly, you listed treatments as a solution to baldness. For some they don't work. You listed HT. Some can't afford them. Is this a literal 'survival guide' for being bald? No. Obviously. im sorry for giving you a misleading title. You were obviously expected some sort of navy seal style run down and all I've given you is alternative solutions to losing your sh*t about being bald. Something you clearly relish in.

The point of this thread, which has been missed by all that have replied thus far, was to suggest some ways that you might better yourself. Will it stop women from seeing your bald? No. Did I say it would? No. Will they maybe give you more confidence? Some, Probably. Will it give you a sense of accomplishment? Maybe. Some of the things on that list have nothing to do with balding, well observed, have you ever considered the best way to come to terms with something you hate about yourself might be to focus on other things?

Some people, whether they are poor responders or just cant afford things, will go bald. End of. So what? They will just be unhappy without hair? This list is about surviving being bald, not curing it. There is no cure, that's why we are here. It's about coping, surviving. And that's relevant to all stages of hairloss, not just your story you love to throw in everyone else's face.

The sad thing is despite you trying to belittle me, despite you trying to attack what I've said here, I don't wish bad for you. We're all on the same sh*t journey here. I wasn't calling anyone out with this, it was meant to be a fun tongue and cheek positive thread where people could share things that help them cope with all this. Obviously that's been missed. Congratulations Fred, as ever, your bald is the worst bald and we should all shut up. Good luck, sincerely.

Comment

• PayDay
                    • Nov 2008

... Wow. First of all, put your tampon back in dear. Really lost your cool there huh? Chin up champ.

Secondly, you listed treatments as a solution to baldness. For some they don't work. You listed HT. Some can't afford them. Is this a literal 'survival guide' for being bald? No. Obviously. im sorry for giving you a misleading title. You were obviously expected some sort of navy seal style run down and all I've given you is alternative solutions to losing your sh*t about being bald. Something you clearly relish in.

The point of this thread, which has been missed by all that have replied thus far, was to suggest some ways that you might better yourself. Will it stop women from seeing your bald? No. Did I say it would? No. Will they maybe give you more confidence? Some, Probably. Will it give you a sense of accomplishment? Maybe. Some of the things on that list have nothing to do with balding, well observed, have you ever considered the best way to come to terms with something you hate about yourself might be to focus on other things?

Some people, whether they are poor responders or just cant afford things, will go bald. End of. So what? They will just be unhappy without hair? This list is about surviving being bald, not curing it. There is no cure, that's why we are here. It's about coping, surviving. And that's relevant to all stages of hairloss, not just your story you love to throw in everyone else's face.

The sad thing is despite you trying to belittle me, despite you trying to attack what I've said here, I don't wish bad for you. We're all on the same sh*t journey here. I wasn't calling anyone out with this, it was meant to be a fun tongue and cheek positive thread where people could share things that help them cope with all this. Obviously that's been missed. Congratulations Fred, as ever, your bald is the worst bald and we should all shut up. Good luck, sincerely.
                    I think this was a great thread to start. We are all in the same boat, but too many of these guys on the forums are miserable and want everyone else to be also. Fred, is probably one of the top 10 in this category that I have ever seen and I've been on the forums for a very long time. Positive is good and for anyone to claim that working out and improving other aspects of your life is just compensating, I don't even want to imagine what kind of small lives these people live. Life is all about rolling with the punches and, working hard to overcome something that might never be in our control This is the only way to succeed.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                      • Sep 2010

Of course nothing will compensate for hair loss aesthetically or emotionally. Balding is the death of male beauty and the soul, it makes life FAR worse

However the OP might be on to something here. When you lose too much hair and do not have good options for restoring (way fewer guys are good HT candidates than people realize, and usually meds buy you time but do not stop hairloss 100%), the only way forward is maybe reinventing yourself. Buzzing/shaving the head and tanning/workouts/tattoos/stubble etc. so that you can have some kind of sex life instead of becoming a hermit or suicide case or awkward balding hasbeen who can not let go of the past

It will be shit compared to just having hair. Your life will never be what it could have if you had better hair genes, especially your sex/love life. But if you want to eek out some kind of life after you cannot hide this disease anymore, you will probably have to embrace a new appearance/identity. Part of that too is pretending not to give a shit even though you do, or taking the right drugs to stop you from caring

easier said than done.....

Comment

• PayDay
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
                        Of course nothing will compensate for hair loss aesthetically or emotionally. Balding is the death of male beauty and the soul, it makes life FAR worse

However the OP might be on to something here. When you lose too much hair and do not have good options for restoring (way fewer guys are good HT candidates than people realize, and usually meds buy you time but do not stop hairloss 100%), the only way forward is maybe reinventing yourself. Buzzing/shaving the head and tanning/workouts/tattoos/stubble etc. so that you can have some kind of sex life instead of becoming a hermit or suicide case or awkward balding hasbeen who can not let go of the past

It will be shit compared to just having hair. Your life will never be what it could have if you had better hair genes, especially your sex/love life. But if you want to eek out some kind of life after you cannot hide this disease anymore, you will probably have to embrace a new appearance/identity. Part of that too is pretending not to give a shit even though you do, or taking the right drugs to stop you from caring

easier said than done.....
                        This is a pretty extreme statement. I see so many hot girls with balding average looking guys. Just go to any mall. Especially if you are over the age of thirty. I used to think like you. I thought my hair loss was a life sentence of misery. While you might not be as good looking without hair, or get the same looks on the street from women, if you have something going on in your life, and are a normal person you can get great looking women. Too many people on these forums with loser mentalities. If you think you're a loser or allow others to define you by their opinion, you are a loser.

Comment

• fred970
                          • Nov 2009

You're talking about survival? How about working hard so you can earn enough money to buy yourself a hair transplant?

Instead of pretending the problem is not there. Everyone can be a candidate for a hair transplant, except maybe DUPA sufferers, but they are extremely rare.

Bisanga who is a reputed surgeon told me I had to worst hair loss at such a young age he had seen. And yet, I managed to have a successful hair transplant.

If I can, anyone can. It's a forum about hair loss and how to overcome it, for real, not beat around the bush and say you should get big/rich/super-awesome in every other area to solve it.

Being successful in a lot of different areas, personal growth, building knowledge, of course it can't hurt and I would encourage people to develop themselves.

Hell, I speak 4 different languages, I play the guitar, I have a master's degree, I own 5 different websites, I had more than my fair share of women etc. etc.

Of course it's better to have these if you're going to be a bald man, but again, none of these helped me not to feel like utter sh*t about my baldness.

I tell you this as someone who has truly been bald, you're not bald, you don't know what you're talking about. So, take it or leave, but it's the truth.

I hate nearly fullheads spreading lies here, we've had topics like these since the dawn of hair loss forums, and they've never helped anyone.

Denial is a horrible thing, because reality always comes back to bite you in the ass. And waking up can be extremely hard and painful.

Here's the reality: baldness sucks big time, it destroys your looks and your identity, and there's nothing positive about it.

You know this, I know this, we all know this. Positivity doesn't work, because it needs to be grounded in reality.

Saying "I'm bald in my 20's, but it doesn't matter because I'm positive!" About what?! That's you're bald? Oh yes you can be positive about that!

Comment

• PayDay
                            • Nov 2008

Fred, you would be surprised at how far a positive attitude in life will take you. Being positive does not equate to denial, it's just a better way to deal with the challenges of life. There are a lot of guys who might take your advice and go get a hair transplant at a young age who will regret it for the rest of their lives. Not everyone will be happy with their results and some might realize that for them it was a huge mistake. Let people deal with their hair loss in a way that works for them. If someone wants to shave their head and work out, or whatever, they might end up even happier than you are with your hair transplant. You are a very negative influence on the younger guys here. I think it's fine to talk about what has worked for you, but honestly, if you were really so happy, you probably would not continue to post such negatively the on forums.

Comment

• fred970
                              • Nov 2009

I post here because I feel like it's my duty to warn the newbies so they don't make the same mistakes I did.

I could just leave, on all the forums, I have enough hair on my head to be happy and I have quite a good life.

Do you think I haven't tried this whole "shave your head, work out and be positive" BS advice? Of course I did.

I had to stop at "shave your head" unfortunately, since people couldn't stop asking me if I was on chemo and the mockeries became unbearable.

I've never, ever seen any bald man say: "Hey I've worked out and shaved my head and now I'm happy!" Not on these forums, if a balding guy comes here, he cares, and always will.

I'm sure you've never been bald, especially at the same age I was to say what you're saying. Your advice does way more harm than mine, because it gives false hope. And that's dangerous.

There are two ways to deal with problems in life, either you face them, or you run away from them.

Complete baldness at 24 was my problem, I picked one of the best FUE surgeon and the world and he fixed it.

I think hair loss doesn't matter much up to NW3, people will still see you as one of them, so no urgent need for a hair transplant at that stage.

At NW4 though, you're almost bald, at this stage, you should get a FUE, because it's the only realistic solution that's going to get you out of this nightmare, even if it's temporary.

Life as a bald man in your early 20's is no life at all. These bald men you see in the mall with "hot" girlfriends, they're not 23! You really need to have gone through my experience to understand.

But let me guess, you are not bald? Of course not, you've been on Propecia for 5 years, I'm sure you are NW2.5 at worst.

If you're so confident in what you say, just drop the Propecia then? Come on, baldness isn't a big deal, once you're NW5, you can just shave your head and work out!

Can't you see the hypocrisy here? You'll see that all the young men who have gone through true baldness will hold the same discourse as me.

It's no wonder. Only a guy who isn't bald could hold these "Just shave your head, work out and get a tan" silly discourses.

I can't believe I still see those advices given in 2015, when they've never been proven to benefit any bald man.

Comment

Working...