This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bringit
    • Dec 2015

Can anyone tell me how Dht would not simply affect the new hair growth? Would these injections likely be an on going thing? Or would we have to still use minoxidil once the new hair has grown?

Comment

• pixels
      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Bringit
      Can anyone tell me how Dht would not simply affect the new hair growth? Would these injections likely be an on going thing? Or would we have to still use minoxidil once the new hair has grown?
      Minoxidil?!?

More like more Histogen

Comment

• Bringit
        • Dec 2015

Exactly. So if your having to fly to another country to get the treatment, it's going to be one hell of an expensive process! It's all very well growing new hair, you have to be able to keep it!

Comment

• pixels
          • Nov 2015

Exactly. So if your having to fly to another country to get the treatment, it's going to be one hell of an expensive process! It's all very well growing new hair, you have to be able to keep it!
          Yup but it's going to be worth it

Comment

• allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
            • Aug 2015

In the Hellouser/Gail Naughton interview she says it'll be a fraction of what a hair transplant costs. Plus, if it's available in Japan and Mexico then that's not a particularly expensive flight for many people.

Comment

• pixels
              • Nov 2015

Originally posted by allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
              In the Hellouser/Gail Naughton interview she says it'll be a fraction of what a hair transplant costs. Plus, if it's available in Japan and Mexico then that's not a particularly expensive flight for many people.
              What's the link for that interview please

Comment

• JDW
                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Westonci
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aliZkEuHtmk&t=20m27s

The results on this guy are undeniable.
                I mean if this is genuine then that is some incredible progress

Comment

• JulioGP
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by joachim
                  although after the histogen interview it looks like the product works to some degree, the before/after pics are very fishy and clearly presented in a way that we get tricked. all those pics are shown with different angles and some kind of combovers. i believe, there is some improvement with histogen, but not as much as they want us make believe. those pics are clearly beautified and even a bit manipulated like the picture with the changed marking line shows. the line is simply not the same, which could be seen as trickery.
                  of course it can't be the same line, because let's try to find a volunteer who doesn't mind having such a line on his head for many weeks. not many would do that. thus, the line was washed off probably after the before pic, and then, the second time the line was drawn, it simply was drawn much higher, to make people believe of good regrowth. also the changed viewing angle in the after pic contributes to this effect.
                  we can only hope that histogen doesn't lie with their macropic-trichoscan numbers, but those pictures are clearly trickery. i also have a theory on the other two after pictures shown in the presentation. to me, even they look like they want to trick us. however, the pics are discussed also on another forum. many members believe the results are real, where a few of them think they are tricked. in my opinion the truth is somewhere in the middle, but the trickery on the images show me already that histogen currently is still a bubble.

It's hard to understand why they changed the line marking.

It is clear that in the first picture the line was more forward and in the second picture, perhaps to impress, they put the line further back.

It just takes away the credibility of the results, even before the product is launched.

Comment

• JDW
                    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by pixels
                    What's the link for that interview please
                    there you go
                    Discussions about this interview can be found here:http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/95387-Histogen-Interview-w-Dr-Gail-Naughton

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by JDW
                      $2k for two treatments? That sounds very affordable. Do you know how many injections they administer in one treatment? Like is one treatment one injection or is it 20 injections?

Comment

• Vic
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
                        $2k for two treatments? That sounds very affordable. Do you know how many injections they administer in one treatment? Like is one treatment one injection or is it 20 injections?
                        That's less per treatment then the money I wasted on PRP!

Comment

• Aik82
                          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Vic
                          That's less per treatment then the money I wasted on PRP!
                          I wonder how many injections will be needed to have FULL head of hair, FULL density and (close to) teenage hairline.

Comment

• Swooping
                            • May 2014

Originally posted by Aik82
                            I wonder how many injections will be needed to have FULL head of hair, FULL density and (close to) teenage hairline.
                            None, because it won't bring you a full head of hair lol.

Comment

• Follisket
                              • Aug 2014

As many as it takes to kill you so you can reincarnate as a fullhead.

Comment

• jamesst11
                                • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Swooping
                                None, because it won't bring you a full head of hair lol.
                                I think that if this does what they say it does AND you have lost most of your hair recently (and you still have decent length vellus hair) then it could restore a lot of that. no?

Comment

Working...