+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

No one here knows. The next and only things worth hearing on this topic will come out of Gail Naughton's mouth, otherwise it's just people guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    I think that if this does what they say it does AND you have lost most of your hair recently (and you still have decent length vellus hair) then it could restore a lot of that. no?
    I'm going to be honest James. I think it's not going to do much. At least for AGA. Not better than minoxidil overall.

First of all the the pictures are extremely unprofessional.

Some people focus on that one guy who had some regrowth. He did have regrowth, but the pictures differ that much and that makes it look way more impressive than it is. If we look at another picture for instance;

Like what the hell is that? I can't even comment on how sad it is if you have to showcase such a picture.

If you also compare the data of minoxidil to her data, minoxidil wins. I have seen better cosmetic regrowth from guys using minoxidil also than that "impressive" picture from Histogen too.

She also has zero reasoning to say that Histogen will work as a maintenance treatment, because it makes no sense. Like the guys from Replicel said basically; "Histogen just delivers factors that push the cells to work a little harder but doesn't do anything against the damage". I concur with that, because that is true. After all androgens will still be activating the AR.

The only thing I see good about Histogen is that it would be easier than something like minoxidil (getting a few injections with perhaps a better safety profile) instead of daily use. But I don't see it doing better than minoxidil as a whole. I see it being more effective for something like TE, and AFAIK she is planning a women only trial (smart, because women tend to suffer more from TE than men. See the picture of the lady with temple regrowth, that was TE).

Now comes the most funny part though;

https://www.zacksinvest.com/histogen-inc

She is lacking funding for a laughable amount of $18 million. That is pathetic. The hair transplant industry alone is soaring up to a $3 billion market annually. Add to that the sales of treatments like minoxidil, propecia and all the snake oil treatments.

We are talking about billions yearly here. There is much money to be made.

So ask yourself if Histogen would show a reasonable edge towards minoxidil or even challenge hair transplant then how the hell isn't it being funded? Perhaps more people see it as a joke?

A treatment that would challenge the hair transplant industry or be more effective than minoxidil by a reasonable margin would be worth a ton of cash, 18 million would be nothing. If you look at Allergan for instance, they have recently bought Kybella for hundreds of millions of dollars.

What do you think James?

That is the picture they are showing? What the hell, that's just a comb over. I haven't been following them closely lately, but thought the news was better than that.

It does look cosmetically improved in the mid scalp and crown though. So, perhaps this will be a decent add-on treatment that may work better in conjunction with fin/dut and minox?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    It does look cosmetically improved in the mid scalp and crown though. So, perhaps this will be a decent add-on treatment that may work better in conjunction with fin/dut and minox?
    Yeah, but angle differences in pictures can make big of a difference. Minoxidil or finasteride can do that easily also though, even better.

Perhaps it will be a decent add-on yes jamesst11. And perhaps there is a place for Histogen as a treatment in the future. After all something like PRP is available too and performed by many surgeons worldwide.

However the guys who think that Histogen is going to reverse norwoods or regrow hairlines are probably in for a big disappointment in the future.

I hope she has learned to present her results in a more professional way from now on. She really needs to do that if she wants to be taken more seriously imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Yeah, but angle differences in pictures can make big of a difference. Minoxidil or finasteride can do that easily also though, even better.

Perhaps it will be a decent add-on yes jamesst11. And perhaps there is a place for Histogen as a treatment in the future. After all something like PRP is available too and performed by many surgeons worldwide.

However the guys who think that Histogen is going to reverse norwoods or regrow hairlines are probably in for a big disappointment in the future.

I hope she has learned to present her results in a more professional way from now on. She really needs to do that if she wants to be taken more seriously imo.
    correct

I guess u r not talking about Histogen right?

Default Whats with Histogens funding link on their website ?

Does this mean they do not have funding for operations in Mexico? Japan? Ect or just the United States. It seems surprising to me that this hasn't filled up already. Does anyone know when this funding link came online?

Quote Originally Posted by Scientalk56 View Post
    I guess u r not talking about Histogen right?
    Yes I was talking about Histogen lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    I'm going to be honest James. I think it's not going to do much. At least for AGA. Not better than minoxidil overall.

First of all the the pictures are extremely unprofessional.

Some people focus on that one guy who had some regrowth. He did have regrowth, but the pictures differ that much and that makes it look way more impressive than it is. If we look at another picture for instance;

Like what the hell is that? I can't even comment on how sad it is if you have to showcase such a picture.

If you also compare the data of minoxidil to her data, minoxidil wins. I have seen better cosmetic regrowth from guys using minoxidil also than that "impressive" picture from Histogen too.

She also has zero reasoning to say that Histogen will work as a maintenance treatment, because it makes no sense. Like the guys from Replicel said basically; "Histogen just delivers factors that push the cells to work a little harder but doesn't do anything against the damage". I concur with that, because that is true. After all androgens will still be activating the AR.

The only thing I see good about Histogen is that it would be easier than something like minoxidil (getting a few injections with perhaps a better safety profile) instead of daily use. But I don't see it doing better than minoxidil as a whole. I see it being more effective for something like TE, and AFAIK she is planning a women only trial (smart, because women tend to suffer more from TE than men. See the picture of the lady with temple regrowth, that was TE).

Now comes the most funny part though;

https://www.zacksinvest.com/histogen-inc

She is lacking funding for a laughable amount of $18 million. That is pathetic. The hair transplant industry alone is soaring up to a $3 billion market annually. Add to that the sales of treatments like minoxidil, propecia and all the snake oil treatments.

We are talking about billions yearly here. There is much money to be made.

So ask yourself if Histogen would show a reasonable edge towards minoxidil or even challenge hair transplant then how the hell isn't it being funded? Perhaps more people see it as a joke?

A treatment that would challenge the hair transplant industry or be more effective than minoxidil by a reasonable margin would be worth a ton of cash, 18 million would be nothing. If you look at Allergan for instance, they have recently bought Kybella for hundreds of millions of dollars.

What do you think James?
    You make a good point and that picture is not a good look for them.