+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Should i get Kerastem therapy in Siwzterland?

Guys need a bit of advice from anybody who might be a bit more knowledgable about kerastem than me. Basically hairloss started in july been using minoxidil for 2 months and hairline has barely receded thanks to minox. Don't know how much i would of receded without minox but basically im very early stages!

I went to Switzerland earlier in the month to visit the clinic where they currently offer kerastem therapy. The doctor there is a leading stem cell scientist within swizterland and has used adipose derived stem cells for renegeration in other parts of the body (such as breasts). It was hard to resist his sales ploy as he told me the procedure was extremely safe no risk of cancer from stem cells etc. I now wonder why the style trial in the US has the primary outcome of 'assessing the safety and tolerability' of the therapy when many publications i have seen claim using adipose derived stem cells are indeed safe?

Does anyone know more about the procedure? Apparently results can last over 2 years?! it cost around $6000 which i would be prepared to pay if it worked! Should i wait for more results or should i go for it?

Cheers Guys

Quote Originally Posted by Only22 View Post
    Guys need a bit of advice from anybody who might be a bit more knowledgable about kerastem than me. Basically hairloss started in july been using minoxidil for 2 months and hairline has barely receded thanks to minox. Don't know how much i would of receded without minox but basically im very early stages!

I went to Switzerland earlier in the month to visit the clinic where they currently offer kerastem therapy. The doctor there is a leading stem cell scientist within swizterland and has used adipose derived stem cells for renegeration in other parts of the body (such as breasts). It was hard to resist his sales ploy as he told me the procedure was extremely safe no risk of cancer from stem cells etc. I now wonder why the style trial in the US has the primary outcome of 'assessing the safety and tolerability' of the therapy when many publications i have seen claim using adipose derived stem cells are indeed safe?

Does anyone know more about the procedure? Apparently results can last over 2 years?! it cost around $6000 which i would be prepared to pay if it worked! Should i wait for more results or should i go for it?

Cheers Guys
    No one can tell you what to do when it comes to spending your cash on experimental treatments - that is up to you. It basically comes down to whether you are willing to spend $6,000 on a treatment that may or may not work, and isn't yet known to be 100% safe. That is the risk/reward equation that you have to figure out independently based on current evidence.

Personally, I would try it if I had enough money that I could tolerate getting no results and essentially knowing that I had wasted that money. I'm not particularly concerned about the safety profile of this treatment.

I wouldn't gamble that sort of money. That's transplant money, vastly higher chance of a satisfying result with that.

I had prp done thinking that lets try it atleast. I lost 40 % hair until now and still shedding extremely.Never assume that a treatment cant have negative effects until its clinically proven, my advice would be to go with minoxidil and finastride only.

Navi, i too had prp almost a year ago, and my shedding has been nonstop since that treatment. Full blown overdrive. Lost 10%-15% density this yr, no joke. Cant say it was prp, but it's a wild coincidence.
    Unless kerastem can blow you away with before and after photos don't risk it yet man

Can you think of anything else that might have caused ur shedding?i mean were you on finastride or anything before after that you think might have caused sheding instead of prp?And have you talked to doctor who did prp, i am really depressed with this shedding and now feel that i might go completely bald due to this.

I'd go for it if we can believe the before/afters... don't they have more before/afters to share with you? I would at least ask for that. From what I remember KeraStem photos were impressive.

Regarding the PRP guys, I wouldn't blame PRP for your hair loss, it'd be a reported side effect by now if it was happening to others as 1000s have undergone PRP.

Surprisingly, there are so many people on this forum that are reporting negative effects of prp, as in extreme shedding ,but no one who is saying that he had any improvement whatsoever with prp. No offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubris View Post
    No one can tell you what to do when it comes to spending your cash on experimental treatments - that is up to you. It basically comes down to whether you are willing to spend $6,000 on a treatment that may or may not work, and isn't yet known to be 100% safe. That is the risk/reward equation that you have to figure out independently based on current evidence.

Personally, I would try it if I had enough money that I could tolerate getting no results and essentially knowing that I had wasted that money. I'm not particularly concerned about the safety profile of this treatment.
    Ok thanks man appreciate the advise... going to explore prp first before this i think!

Please dont go with prp , i am again warning you i though the same but ended up losing my hairline and crown