Replicel Sets The Record Straight - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

playsound Replicel Sets The Record Straight

Spencer Kobren speaks with VP of Business and Corporate development for Replicel Life Sciences, R. Lee Buckler, to set the record straight and to clear up all of the misinformation about the company and its efforts to move forward with its DSC cell therapy treatment for androgenetic alopecia. It appears that it’s full steam ahead for Replicel and the reasons for some of the delays had nothing to do with the online speculation that has been circulating throughout the hair loss community.

"it's reasonable to believe", "it's reasonable to believe".... blah blah blah...

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    "it's reasonable to believe", "it's reasonable to believe".... blah blah blah...
    It's understandable to be cynical jamess11, but I think its pretty cool that things are moving forward and at least we have an explanation directly from one of the heads of the company, instead of hearing it from some third party. I'm optimistic, but have no delusions that this is going to be the cure anytime soon. Maybe 2020 if all goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    It's understandable to be cynical jamess11, but I think its pretty cool that things are moving forward and at least we have an explanation directly from one of the heads of the company, instead of hearing it from some third party. I'm optimistic, but have no delusions that this is going to be the cure anytime soon. Maybe 2020 if all goes well.
    Payday, you're a good man.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    Payday, you're a good man.
    Thanks! I try my best to have a positive, but realistic outlook. TBT has helped me so much in this respect.

Well guys I'm obviously glad to hear they are moving along, but let's face it: if they really will have to catch follicles "at the right moment" with an injection in order to jumpstart hair growth, then it'll be pretty tough for us who are a bit older to really benefit from these treatments.

We know that follicles that stopped creating hair a long time ago don't "die", but we also know that their anagen phase is shorter and shorter at every cycle... so I would think this translates into the fact that it'll also be harder and harder to jumpstart growth as every cycle passes.

Of course we will have to wait and see efficacy, but I wouldn't set my hopes to high on this one. I could even hear Spencer's voice decrease in enthusiasm when the interview reached that point!

And guess what, if they hadn't been stopped for the reasons they mentioned, they would probably be 2-3 years ahead of schedule, making someone like me more likely to benefit from their work...

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    Well guys I'm obviously glad to hear they are moving along, but let's face it: if they really will have to catch follicles "at the right moment" with an injection in order to jumpstart hair growth, then it'll be pretty tough for us who are a bit older to really benefit from these treatments.

We know that follicles that stopped creating hair a long time ago don't "die", but we also know that their anagen phase is shorter and shorter at every cycle... so I would think this translates into the fact that it'll also be harder and harder to jumpstart growth as every cycle passes.

Of course we will have to wait and see efficacy, but I wouldn't set my hopes to high on this one. I could even hear Spencer's voice decrease in enthusiasm when the interview reached that point!

And guess what, if they hadn't been stopped for the reasons they mentioned, they would probably be 2-3 years ahead of schedule, making someone like me more likely to benefit from their work...

I hear you, but while the life span of miniaturized hair is much shorter, like you said, they still cycle and enter a growth phase, so where there is life, there is hope.

So if I understand it correctly, then Replicel's method is basically a vaccination to immunize DHT sensitive follicles. Full headed people will greatly benefit from that but not us. That's sad

Quote Originally Posted by paleocapa89 View Post
    So if I understand it correctly, then Replicel's method is basically a vaccination to immunize DHT sensitive follicles. Full headed people will greatly benefit from that but not us. That's sad
    I think for anyone less than a NW5, this treatment could be highly beneficial. Consider the possibilities for a diffuse thinner with an intact hairline.

@ Hubris: I think that even for NW5 it would be beneficial in order to prevent him from Nw 6 or 7. And then he will give some regrowth and can just do big HT.