+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I am so confused. If it actually "catches" those hair at the right phase, will it de-miniaturize it?

Or will it just let it not get any more miniaturized?

Quote Originally Posted by pick View Post
    I am so confused. If it actually "catches" those hair at the right phase, will it de-miniaturize it?

Or will it just let it not get any more miniaturized?
    The following is just speculation. There's probably going to be a cut-off point. I would imagine that if Replicel can protect the hair follicle from the effects of DHT before it becomes too damaged, then the hair follicle would repair itself and return to a terminal length and diameter. This would be why we often see regrowth with Finasteride. The drug gives the hair follicle a chance to recover, before it is slowly overwhelmed again by our bodies never ending supply of DHT.

ok. so Histogen and Repliclel seem like new alternatives for Minoxidil and Propecia.

ok. so Histogen and Repliclel seem like new alternatives for Minoxidil and Propecia.
    Replicel is the better alternative to Propecia, yes. Minoxidil could still be used in conjunction with Histogen so I would not technically call it an alternative. Theoretically, in the future a person could utilize Replicel, Histogen, Minoxidil, Bimatoprost, SM04554 and Piloscopy. In fact, if just one of those products currently in clinical trials comes to market, it is a game changer for many of us.

That is apples and oranges my friend. These technologies differ so drastically in how they affect you at the cellular and molecular level that it's pointless to even compare. In my opinion, finasteride is primative as hell compared to what histogen and replicel are trying to accomplish. Finasteride is like shooting a slingshot at an elephant, while Histogen's protocol, if it truly is what they say it is, is targeting it with a high power sniper rifle. F*ck finasteride and f*ck minoxidil, seriously. I am not saying this out of bitterness as both of these have offered something to me... but they are PRIMATIVE AND WE NEED BETTER ALTERNATIVES.

Not even close. These cell based therapies are game changing and so far are showing very promising results without risk of adverse side effects. This is a very big deal!

How is any of this a game changer, when it may very well offer hardly any regrowth at all?
    Sure, maintenance treatments would be awesome - if they were available right now or within months from now. But a goddamn maintenance treatment that is going to come out years from now? Are you shitting me? Many of us have already lost a lot of hair and this ****er of a disease works sickeningly fast.

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    Not even close. These cell based therapies are game changing and so far are showing very promising results without risk of adverse side effects. This is a very big deal!
    I am just saying the most ideal outcome of Minoxidil = most ideal outcome of Histogen and most ideal outcome of Procecia is most ideal outcome of Replicel.

Quote Originally Posted by Follisket View Post
    How is any of this a game changer, when it may very well offer hardly any regrowth at all?
    Sure, maintenance treatments would be awesome - if they were available right now or within months from now. But a goddamn maintenance treatment that is going to come out years from now? Are you shitting me? Many of us have already lost a lot of hair and this ****er of a disease works sickeningly fast.
    Well it would certainly make me more open to the idea of a hair transplant if I could be confident I wouldn't carry on losing hair, and having to play catch up with more transplants, and from a donor area that isn't big enough to carry on doing that indefinitely anyway.

Great update and any progress is encouraging. But one line of questioning I would like to see on the next interview would be a more detailed focus on the method of culturing. My understanding is that the major problem with culturing and re-injecting cells is that cultured cells lose their inductivity with each pass in culture. As many of you may recall, Aaron Gardener, who worked with one of the various research teams, said on this forum over a year ago that their team had only succeeded in reaching 60% inductivity (retaining 60% of their cellular characteristics) and that was with dermal papillae cells. He had also mentioned that no one at the time had succeeded in having any sort of success rate in culturing dermal sheath cup cells (no inductivity). Since that time, a greater degree of success has been reported in culturing cells with something called 3 dimensional culturing. Personally, I think the whole key lies in attaining a method of culturing that retains all of the cell's characteristics each time they are multiplied in culture. I would be curious as to Replicel's thoughts on this subject.