+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arieux View Post
    @ Hubris: I think that even for NW5 it would be beneficial in order to prevent him from Nw 6 or 7. And then he will give some regrowth and can just do big HT.
    I agree to an extent, but, this is my thinking. Assuming Replicel is only for prevention of further hair loss, as the above interview seems to indicate, then the patient cannot expect any significant regrowth. A NW5 cannot expect a very acceptable level of coverage following a hair transplant either. And then finally, no one is concerned about moving from a NW5 to a 6 or 7 in of itself. They only care because it makes the job of moving back to a NW0-2 much harder.

Thumbs up

Great interview! I see it as very promising and while guys who are very bald might not benefit from Replicel as much, it seems like if it works as advertised, it will help millions of people, both men and women who are actively balding, which I would say is the vast majority of those who read this forum. Spencer always does such a good job of just letting the people who he interviews speak without loading them up with too many questions. Seems like he has a knack of just guiding the people he’s interviewing to answer all of our questions without firing off one after the other. He’s really talented, a real pro and I really appreciate that he did this for us. I saw on Twitter that there is more to come, so I’m curious who else he spoke to?

I'm just always happy when I hear that things are moving forward. There have been advances in hair transplants, and the ubiquity of the internet has helped with communities like this, and I kinda feel like we're 'due' a medical advance, ya know? You hear so much about stem cells and such, and it's been a long old time since propecia was a new thing.

You are the MAN Spencer! Thanks you so much for doing this for us! Like you always say, I'm not putting my life on hold waiting for these treatments, but it sounds like a guy in my position hair wise can really benefit for this treatment once it hits the market and it seems like it going to happen relatively soon. Hey, I'll be on a plane to Japan as soon as it's approved and proven to really work. I of course will wait until you say it's worth it and that it works.

I agree with everyone that it was a really informative interview, that cleared up a lot of the questions surrounding Replicel, but I’m not as enthusiastic about the timeline at this point. I mean everything has to go perfectly for it to be available in Japan by 2019 and we all know how these things work. So, taking possible setbacks into consideration, I think we are probably looking at another decade before all is said and done. I’m still glad the forum was given this this great interview and insightful information, but for the guys who think any of these treatments are right around the corner, I would not get my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubris View Post
    I think for anyone less than a NW5, this treatment could be highly beneficial. Consider the possibilities for a diffuse thinner with an intact hairline.
    Yeah like me... right now! Not in 4 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    Yeah like me... right now! Not in 4 years...
    I agree, I'm glad they shared the fact the it only works if you catch the hair in its anagen phase. It gives us a better idea of what can really be accomplished. For very bald men, a combination of a treatment like this and hair transplants might be the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    I agree, I'm glad they shared the fact the it only works if you catch the hair in its anagen phase. It gives us a better idea of what can really be accomplished. For very bald men, a combination of a treatment like this and hair transplants might be the answer.
    my approach is simple 0 or 1. if replicel works as it claims to be then should even work for NW7.. if it doesnt, then it means NW1 has also potential to be NW7 in future...

because hairloss is not something like any other disease. it goes with ageing and never stops or goes away.. it is 0 or 1. if u start losing ur hair then u have a long way to go till your 70s 80s..

Quote Originally Posted by dutchguyhanging View Post
    my approach is simple 0 or 1. if replicel works as it claims to be then should even work for NW7.. if it doesnt, then it means NW1 has also potential to be NW7 in future...

because hairloss is not something like any other disease. it goes with ageing and never stops or goes away.. it is 0 or 1. if u start losing ur hair then u have a long way to go till your 70s 80s..
    I'm trying to understand your post. Are you saying that unless it can turn a NW7 to an NW1 you don't think it has any value?

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    I'm trying to understand your post. Are you saying that unless it can turn a NW7 to an NW1 you don't think it has any value?
    no.. i am saying if u cant turn a NW7 to NW1 then it means this product wont work for everyone, just like fin and minox not working for everyone. hairloss is even worse than cancer because u cant cure it.. it wont stop it will always progress, slowly but surely or aggressively.. it is like fighting against ageing...