Replicel Sets The Record Straight - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43
  1. #1
    Administrator tbtadmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    958

    playsound Replicel Sets The Record Straight

    Spencer Kobren speaks with VP of Business and Corporate development for Replicel Life Sciences, R. Lee Buckler, to set the record straight and to clear up all of the misinformation about the company and its efforts to move forward with its DSC cell therapy treatment for androgenetic alopecia. It appears that it’s full steam ahead for Replicel and the reasons for some of the delays had nothing to do with the online speculation that has been circulating throughout the hair loss community.


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    "it's reasonable to believe", "it's reasonable to believe".... blah blah blah...

  3. #3
    Senior Member PayDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    "it's reasonable to believe", "it's reasonable to believe".... blah blah blah...
    It's understandable to be cynical jamess11, but I think its pretty cool that things are moving forward and at least we have an explanation directly from one of the heads of the company, instead of hearing it from some third party. I'm optimistic, but have no delusions that this is going to be the cure anytime soon. Maybe 2020 if all goes well.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    It's understandable to be cynical jamess11, but I think its pretty cool that things are moving forward and at least we have an explanation directly from one of the heads of the company, instead of hearing it from some third party. I'm optimistic, but have no delusions that this is going to be the cure anytime soon. Maybe 2020 if all goes well.
    Payday, you're a good man.

  5. #5
    Senior Member PayDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    Payday, you're a good man.
    Thanks! I try my best to have a positive, but realistic outlook. TBT has helped me so much in this respect.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    847

    Default

    Well guys I'm obviously glad to hear they are moving along, but let's face it: if they really will have to catch follicles "at the right moment" with an injection in order to jumpstart hair growth, then it'll be pretty tough for us who are a bit older to really benefit from these treatments.

    We know that follicles that stopped creating hair a long time ago don't "die", but we also know that their anagen phase is shorter and shorter at every cycle... so I would think this translates into the fact that it'll also be harder and harder to jumpstart growth as every cycle passes.

    Of course we will have to wait and see efficacy, but I wouldn't set my hopes to high on this one. I could even hear Spencer's voice decrease in enthusiasm when the interview reached that point!

    And guess what, if they hadn't been stopped for the reasons they mentioned, they would probably be 2-3 years ahead of schedule, making someone like me more likely to benefit from their work...


  7. #7
    Senior Member PayDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    Well guys I'm obviously glad to hear they are moving along, but let's face it: if they really will have to catch follicles "at the right moment" with an injection in order to jumpstart hair growth, then it'll be pretty tough for us who are a bit older to really benefit from these treatments.

    We know that follicles that stopped creating hair a long time ago don't "die", but we also know that their anagen phase is shorter and shorter at every cycle... so I would think this translates into the fact that it'll also be harder and harder to jumpstart growth as every cycle passes.

    Of course we will have to wait and see efficacy, but I wouldn't set my hopes to high on this one. I could even hear Spencer's voice decrease in enthusiasm when the interview reached that point!

    And guess what, if they hadn't been stopped for the reasons they mentioned, they would probably be 2-3 years ahead of schedule, making someone like me more likely to benefit from their work...

    I hear you, but while the life span of miniaturized hair is much shorter, like you said, they still cycle and enter a growth phase, so where there is life, there is hope.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    52

    Default

    So if I understand it correctly, then Replicel's method is basically a vaccination to immunize DHT sensitive follicles. Full headed people will greatly benefit from that but not us. That's sad

  9. #9
    Senior Member Hubris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paleocapa89 View Post
    So if I understand it correctly, then Replicel's method is basically a vaccination to immunize DHT sensitive follicles. Full headed people will greatly benefit from that but not us. That's sad
    I think for anyone less than a NW5, this treatment could be highly beneficial. Consider the possibilities for a diffuse thinner with an intact hairline.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    86

    Default

    @ Hubris: I think that even for NW5 it would be beneficial in order to prevent him from Nw 6 or 7. And then he will give some regrowth and can just do big HT.

Similar Threads

  1. New hair standing straight up
    By censur in forum Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-19-2015, 11:09 AM
  2. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 12-19-2014, 02:34 PM
  3. Let me get this straight....
    By EXprettyboy in forum Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-24-2011, 09:20 AM
  4. Give it to me straight
    By nbb in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-28-2011, 04:18 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

RU58841 Question
07-01-2016 03:29 PM
Last Post By herns
Yesterday 07:19 PM
Shedding after 1 week on Finasteride
Yesterday 05:50 PM
Last Post By firstaidkit1
Yesterday 05:50 PM
HairOmega efficiency and side effects ??
04-20-2018 04:07 PM
Last Post By Geo88
Yesterday 03:11 PM
Norwood Scale where am I?
Yesterday 01:27 PM
by goodq
Last Post By goodq
Yesterday 01:27 PM
Thinning hair or shaved head?
Yesterday 12:10 PM
by Geo88
Last Post By Geo88
Yesterday 12:10 PM
Top 5 FUE Dr's in North America?
04-16-2018 06:27 AM
Last Post By Geo88
Yesterday 11:59 AM