Lack of news from hairloss congress?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul73
    • May 2014

I use minoxidil for almost 21 years and never had skin problems. But i only use it once at night, maybe thatīs the reason, idk.

Comment

• Herbaliser
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by fred970
      They all read about minoxidil giving wrinkles before seeing wrinkles. Placebo effect.

Provide one f-ing proof, just one! You won't be able to do so, because this minoxidil giving wrinkles is just BS.

If poor there was, one would suffice. If so many people are getting wrinkles, why don't we have at least one before/after?

It's the same with your natural treatments nonsense, not one convincing before/after. But I guess people like like to rely on anecdotes or worse, faith.
      I have no clue why iīm debating actually since you already made up your mind, and not a simple non biased research by your own.
      When people write here that they rather have a deadly, silent decease instead shows how influenced you are of the society, and seriously docent it make you realize and wake up and think, since other people haves serious illnesses for real and to even compare hair loss?

By the way i used minox many years ago, and it was perfectly fine for a long time when suddenly one morning waking up looking like a zombie.
      Made me realize that i will never use a synthetic drug that changes my own body system just for hair, and the worst part is that your stuck with it for the rest of your life, just for your appearance towards others.

And of course the usual natural is bullshit comment, that will never be proven due itīs non possible profit reasons.
      Could you elaborate your dislike towards natural treatments, and why they don't work since they will never proven as treatments as i mentioned, and therefore easily dismissed as treatments due to all bottled snake oils out there?

Comment

• rdawg
        • Jun 2012

Get back on topic guys, it's annoying coming into here reading 15 posts about minoxidil.

anyway, getting back ON topic, Histogen came out of this the clear winner here and used the congress to really showcase what they can do likely garnering them alot of partners.

This is the most optimistic i've ever been around this time, A lot of things coming.

Comment

• gainspotter
          • Aug 2013

They all read about minoxidil giving wrinkles before seeing wrinkles. Placebo effect.

Provide one f-ing proof, just one! You won't be able to do so, because this minoxidil giving wrinkles is just BS.

If poor there was, one would suffice. If so many people are getting wrinkles, why don't we have at least one before/after?

It's the same with your natural treatments nonsense, not one convincing before/after. But I guess people like like to rely on anecdotes or worse, faith.
          You chat utter shit pal. And don't call me a newbie. I've been here for years, not contributed much at all but still more than your negative, depressing, spiteful remarks. Says a lot about you as a person. Minoxidil decreases collagen. Guess what numb nuts? Collagen is what makes your skin firm and not creased. Obviously I'm no expert in everything like you think you are, but I've spoken to many who notice changes after as little as 3 months. Guess what numb nuts? You can't develop wrinkles, dark spots and decreased elasticity in that time. Do us all a favour and **** off

Comment

• fred970
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by gainspotter
            You chat utter shit pal. And don't call me a newbie. I've been here for years, not contributed much at all but still more than your negative, depressing, spiteful remarks. Says a lot about you as a person. Minoxidil decreases collagen. Guess what numb nuts? Collagen is what makes your skin firm and not creased. Obviously I'm no expert in everything like you think you are, but I've spoken to many who notice changes after as little as 3 months. Guess what numb nuts? You can't develop wrinkles, dark spots and decreased elasticity in that time. Do us all a favour and **** off
            Nizoral contains Ketokonazole, and it's been shown that when taken orally, it can cause erectile dysfunction.

Does this mean that I will get ED if I shampoo my hair with Nizoral twice a week? Of course not, that's impossible.

There's no data that proves that 5% of minoxidil on your scalp twice a day will make you develop wrinkles.

Even when taken orally, no patient reported that side-effect, so it's clearly all BS.

Comment

• Herbaliser
              • Apr 2015

Nizoral contains Ketokonazole, and it's been shown that when taken orally, it can cause erectile dysfunction.

Does this mean that I will get ED if I shampoo my hair with Nizoral twice a week? Of course not, that's impossible.

There's no data that proves that 5% of minoxidil on your scalp twice a day will make you develop wrinkles.

Even when taken orally, no patient reported that side-effect, so it's clearly all BS.
              Seriously what is your intention?
              Could you provide us the data then, and who made the bullet proof trials?

I understand that you are a victim influenced by society's shallowness , and therefore the perfect victim for the industry, but could you at least try to do some non biased research even if itīs outside your safe zone?

Comment

• Onion Knight
                • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Herbaliser
                Seriously what is your intention?
                Could you provide us the data then, and who made the bullet proof trials?

I understand that you are a victim influenced by society's shallowness , and therefore the perfect victim for the industry, but could you at least try to do some non biased research even if itīs outside your safe zone?
                Seriously I'm the newby here and I have something to say. Herbaliser I don't understand you honestly... You ask Fred for some data on some product and you're not even capable of proving me some data on you're OWN natural treatment you promise us a post with a specific how to do list the past week yet you gave us nothing I even create a how to do and ask for your recommendation you didn't even tell me if is was wrong or good.

Fred is the guys with the most experience he's there from 2009 he try stuff Minoxidil, HT, etc... and he realist. But, we need to understand that maybe he is lucky and he have no side effect maybe MAYBE other will have side on the face but is not that popular.

What do we do Herbaliser you tell us that drug is bad and people who buy minoxidil are victim of the industries well I'm a newby what I am should I do wait to become bald??? Try natural treatment? Oh wait I can't you doesn't finish your post instead you go around and tell other that drug is bad. Is like a endless circle of hesitation.

Comment

• gainspotter
                  • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Onion Knight
                  Seriously I'm the newby here and I have something to say. Herbaliser I don't understand you honestly... You ask Fred for some data on some product and you're not even capable of proving me some data on you're OWN natural treatment you promise us a post with a specific how to do list the past week yet you gave us nothing I even create a how to do and ask for your recommendation you didn't even tell me if is was wrong or good.

Fred is the guys with the most experience he's there from 2009 he try stuff Minoxidil, HT, etc... and he realist. But, we need to understand that maybe he is lucky and he have no side effect maybe MAYBE other will have side on the face but is not that popular.

What do we do Herbaliser you tell us that drug is bad and people who buy minoxidil are victim of the industries well I'm a newby what I am should I do wait to become bald??? Try natural treatment? Oh wait I can't you doesn't finish your post instead you go around and tell other that drug is bad. Is like a endless circle of hesitation.
                  Taking one members opinions as gospel because he's registered on a forum before most other people. Classic newbie mistake. Give minoxidil a try by all means. It's good for maintaining hair and if you're very lucky you May get regrowth, just don't say you weren't warned.

Comment

• Onion Knight
                    • Oct 2015

Originally posted by gainspotter
                    Taking one members opinions as gospel because he's registered on a forum before most other people. Classic newbie mistake. Give minoxidil a try by all means. It's good for maintaining hair and if you're very lucky you May get regrowth, just don't say you weren't warned.
                    I'm open minded gainspotter just Fred is realist and I see the bald issues like him I don't want to be bald and I want to fight it. Anyway, what do you use gainspotter to stop the hairfall and promote growth if you don't use minoxidil ?

Comment

• gainspotter
                      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Onion Knight
                      I'm open minded gainspotter just Fred is realist and I see the bald issues like him I don't want to be bald and I want to fight it. Anyway, what do you use gainspotter to stop the hairfall and promote growth if you don't use minoxidil ?
                      I've actually just come off a 2 year minoxidil cycle as I didn't see any improvement personally. It's been 4 months Off and I've not lost any more hair. I'm only using nizoral and an oil extract conditioner aswell as adding lots of greens to my diet. It's not much and probably won't do anything to stop the loss but I'd rather stay off min and prop until something better comes along

Comment

• TheKingofFighters
                        • Dec 2015

so whats the news from Congress this year

Comment

• rdawg
                          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by TheKingofFighters
                          so whats the news from Congress this year
                          Histogen came back into the game and showed(with images) that their product has a cosmetically significant affect on hairloss, with continued improvement 1 year after treatment. Heading into Phase III in Asia/Mexico. Phase II in North america.

SM just came out two days ago saying they are very impressed with their product and plan to release phase II results at the next medical conference, "The findings are consistent with preclinical in vivo animal models, in which SM04554 has been shown to generate new hair follicles and increase hair count." Likely heading into Phase III in the USA by the sound of it.

Bimatoprost came out and said they have a stronger affect than minoxidil(about 10-20% better going by the charts they showed) at a higher dose and are going straight into a Phase IIb to perfect it.

Up next is the phase II CB results!

Comment

• rdawg
                            • Jun 2012

EDIT: Double post.

Comment

• allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
                              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by rdawg
                              Histogen came back into the game and showed(with images) that their product has a cosmetically significant affect on hairloss, with continued improvement 1 year after treatment. Heading into Phase III in Asia/Mexico. Phase II in North america.
                              If they haven't faked their results (and the camera angle/lighting on their own aren't enough to fake those pictures) then people can really breath a sigh of relief finally. It means all that's standing between them and a normal head of hair is a quite large amount of money and an OK amount of time. Given that it can be combined with a hair transplant with further loss no longer a problem. Which is the main problem with hair transplants currently.

SM just came out two days ago saying they are very impressed with their product and plan to release phase II results at the next medical conference, "The findings are consistent with preclinical in vivo animal models, in which SM04554 has been shown to generate new hair follicles and increase hair count." Likely heading into Phase III in the USA by the sound of it.
                              They have evidence it does grow hair on humans? And is it oral or topical?

Bimatoprost came out and said they have a stronger affect than minoxidil(about 10-20% better going by the charts they showed) at a higher dose and are going straight into a Phase IIb to perfect it.
                              Same question, oral or topical?

Comment

• rdawg
                                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
                                If they haven't faked their results (and the camera angle/lighting on their own aren't enough to fake those pictures) then people can really breath a sigh of relief finally. It means all that's standing between them and a normal head of hair is a quite large amount of money and an OK amount of time. Given that it can be combined with a hair transplant with further loss no longer a problem. Which is the main problem with hair transplants currently.

They have evidence it does grow hair on humans? And is it oral or topical?

Same question, oral or topical?

refer to that for SM info, yes they observed promising growth on actual humans, it is a topical, along with BIM which is a topical as well.

Histogen's photos were slightly off angle, but clearly showed cosmetic improvement, either way they are moving forward and clearly have a product that works heading into Phase III in asia/mexico(and why would they want to fake the images anyway, it may get them investors in the short-term, but if it was fraudulent then everyone would find out and there would be no profits, I really just think they are a bit unprofessional with their images and the angles are just off by an inch or so.)

Comment

Working...