+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default I desperately need your advice and help.

Hello, I'm a 23 year old male from the UK and I have been losing my hair since I was 18. I've had Laser hair treatment, it did improve my hair but due to the cost involved it was not feasible for me to carry it on for longer than six months. It seems as each day goes by, I'm loosing more and more hair. I just don't know what to do anymore, I have tried Propecia, however I had a huge shed and it frightened the life out of me.

People just don't understand how much it effects your mental health, going bald at a young age. They say "just shave it off" however this is my worst fear and I'm not the sort of person who would suit being totally bald. I despise the way I look and try to avoid reflections/mirrors/photos because of the way I feel about myself.

So I am writing on here for some advice, I would like to know is Propecia combined with Minoxidil and Nizoral shampoo worth it? I would love to hear from someone who has had good and bad results so I can make my decision. I am so scared of loosing more hair from the shed, and that is what is putting me off starting Propecia properly. I also have a very loving girlfriend who is supporting me every step of the way, but I would also like to know if this whole thing about reduced libido effects a lot of people.

If anyone has had any other success with other products I would also love to hear about them too.

If someone could reply to this, it would make my day. I'm just at my wits end with my hair at the moments and need some resolution to this awful disease.

I can attach pictures if any one would like to see the sorry state of my hair.

Thanks.

How long were you on propecia? You need to ride these sheds out. In order for the follicle to produce a new, stronger fiber, it needs to shed the old fibers. If you quit before 9-10 months, then that's too soon. Yes, the only hope we currently have are the combination of fin, minox, and a good keto shampoo.

Thanks for you reply.

I was on Propecia for around three months.

I have just a few questions about using these treatments:

Have you been on this treatment and have you seen any improvement?
    Have you experienced any sides to this treatment?
    My hair is in a pretty drastic state at this moment in time and I am wondering if I am too far gone for the treatment to work, I have attached a picture for you to see the sorry state of my hair.

Thanks once again.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg

Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	43252

Believe me or not medicine don't work 100% as I did use different type of medicine before but not propercia and nothing changed.
    it could be your nerves that cause falling your hair or might be genetic in majority of cases. I finally done hair transplant and for now I am happy.
    the type of FUE and when we loose a lot of hair then it goes to two or more sessions and it will take longer time to cover our head so you need to take it serious if you don't want to spend more time and money in future. it was so painful for me to bare with Adrenaline ampules for almost 20 of them in one session but it cure very fast. Good luck

Default my idea

Believe me or not medicine don't work 100% as I did use different type of medicine before but not propercia and nothing changed.
    it could be your nerves that cause falling your hair or might be genetic in majority of cases. I finally done hair transplant and for now I am happy.
    the type of FUE and when we loose a lot of hair then it goes to two or more sessions and it will take longer time to cover our head so you need to take it serious if you don't want to spend more time and money in future. it was so painful for me to bare with Adrenaline ampules for almost 20 of them in one session but it cure very fast. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty1992 View Post
    Thanks for you reply.

I was on Propecia for around three months.

I have just a few questions about using these treatments:

Have you been on this treatment and have you seen any improvement?
    Have you experienced any sides to this treatment?
    My hair is in a pretty drastic state at this moment in time and I am wondering if I am too far gone for the treatment to work, I have attached a picture for you to see the sorry state of my hair.

Thanks once again.
    Attachment 43252
    1) been on it for almost 8.5 months, no improvement yet, precisely the opposite, more hair thinning
    2) some sides in the beginning like fluctuations in libido, watery semen
    3) If you are a "good responder" then no, it's not to late. The EXCRUCIATINGLY HARD PART IS STICKING WITH IT!! Especially if you're like me and losing more hair on it. It's really the only choice.

Default My Idea

The fact is , your hair routes which are inside and hidden far below your skin are dying and they could become live and grow again.

I have been using propercia for a week now but this is after hair transplant.
    hair routes will become more dense and scatter under skin and now propercia should work.
    but for your scenario is different, you trying to dense your hair while the route has no intention to grow and propercia is not for you. it just develop density if hair growing from main source, which yours are not developing and do not producing hair.

I think you need to consult with physician. if you did not take result from a medicine after one or two month do you think you will still get a result?
    A.Gem

Thanks for you replies,

I have miniturzing hairs on both sides of my temple area, will any of these product help with the regrowth of this area? I have been reading up on the combination of fin, minox and a keto shampoo, all with mixed reviews, i think i'm just going to try them as a last hope.

I know you're not HT doctors or anything, but I am hoping to have one when I get a little older.

Do you know the appropriate age for a HT?
    Is my hair the wrong type and too thin anyway to benefit from one?

Thanks.

Default My Idea

Hi

I have no idea about regrowing your hair but I will ask my Doctor about this, first of all he is very experienced and I am sure he knows your answer also this Doctor is a very honest person and trustworthy because what ever he told me came true after surgery and now just after 14 days my surgery I see hair growing and I have no infection or any other symptoms may cause to minority, He is very busy and may take longer but I will respond you as soon as I can.
    Good luck

Thanks for you support and being so informative.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Good luck with the HT results, hope its everything you wanted and more!