Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nocturnalwill
    • Nov 2015

Question about Private Clinic Birmingham

Hey guys. Met with Dr Michail Mouzakis Friday from Private Clinic Birmingham and have a date pencilled in for December for FUE. Before I committ, does anyone have any experience with Mouzakis? I can find many reviews of the Private Clinic London, Dr Reddy for example, but none for Birmingham.

I mean they're clearly a company with a good reputation as Reddy is very well respected.

Cheers :-)
  • ejj
    • Dec 2010

Hi Will

I have never heard of this doctor or clinic. Have you met anyone who has ahad a procedure there? Always a good idea to meet with several ex clients see what they say. If you are restricting yourself to the UK I would consult with Farjo Manchester. There are also a couple of clinics in Brussells Belgium, a short flight or train journey away.

One thing I learnt was not to rush into anything, put some pictures up if possible, and get some feedback off members as to what they think you need, graft numbers etc

There are some good reps online who can give you advice also. Take your time and dont rush into a procedure.

All the best

ejj

Comment

• nocturnalwill
      • Nov 2015

Thanks for your thoughts, ejj. Appreciate you taking the time to answer.

Comment

• J_B_Davis
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by nocturnalwill
        Thanks for your thoughts, ejj. Appreciate you taking the time to answer.
        Very good advice from ejj. Take your time and do more research. Dr. Reddy posts some excellent work on this site and is obviously one of the better HT surgeons based on the fact that he is in the IAHRS. Keep doing your research and if you pick that clinic you might want to take a closer look at Dr. Reddy since he seems to have a very large body of work posted publicly and since Dr. Mouzakis is not in the IAHRS which is very important. If they work at the same clinic there might be a reason he is not listed. Maybe he is new?

Comment

• nocturnalwill
          • Nov 2015

Yes thanks guys. Good thoughts. Definitely worth researching. I will call the clinic tomorrow and ask questions about the lack of IAHRS listing. Could be because he is new. The other surgeons are very reputable, so probably there's a good and fair reason.

Comment

• ejj
            • Dec 2010

Hiya Will

I just had a look at the private clinics website. On it it says this Dr has done over `200 procedures`. I do not think this is a lot to be honest, I hope you do not think I am being critical, I just have your best interests at heart. Can I ask how old you are, and how did you find this clinic? Another concern I have is you had the consultation last week and they can fit you in for a procedure sometime within the next 5 weeks? .... Most of the best have a waiting list, I`m just advising caution here, as I see a lot of people in need of repair work and I would not like this to happen to you.

Re asking the clinic questions, it may be a good idea to download Joetronics consultation form of qs to ask the clinic and dr, I believe it is very good and helpful

All the best

ej

Comment

• Oyster
              • Jan 2012

I think surgeons should have years of experience to touch my head, but of course they should start from somewhere, eh?

If the price is right, then you may consider, but a few experience with high price is not my call.

Btw, how can I see the Joetronics consultation form?

Cheers

Comment

• nocturnalwill
                • Nov 2015

Thanks for taking a look. I did some more digging. It all looks dodgy to me to be honest. His 'previous employer', DHI, say that he never worked there and was there for some training seminar or something. The surgeon claims over 850 proceedures, yet the literature says 200. Even if there is an honest explanation for it all, I won't be going with this option. Had two other consultations. One was Zierling, Dr Kirshnan, who seems to have great reviews, but more expensive at 1600 grafts for £6400. Other was DHI at £4000. Does anyone have opinions on either of these choices?

Comment

• ejj
                  • Dec 2010

Hi Will
                  I am glad your digging around a bit, you never can be to careful and it is a minefield out there. To be honest the UK is not the best place for this procedure, it may be beneficial to look further afield.

You have some pretty good doctors in Belgium, Mwamba, Feriduni, Devroye, who all seem to have many happy clients online, some may even help you with a hotel for the night and travel expenses.

Whats your current situation like and level of baldness? May be worth waiting a while, and styling your hair differently, some suit a short cut and avoid the hassle of a transplant

All the best
                  ej

Comment

• nocturnalwill
                    • Nov 2015

Click image for larger version

Name:	Top of Head Front.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	440396Hi Ejj, thanks for your thoughts. I do quite like zierling in Bromsgrove, Dr Kirshnan. Others on this forum have had great results from him. I have good hair everywhere except front, where it has thinned leaving basically a line from one side to the other all the way over the top of my head and just a little tuft in front. I do shave my head soemtimes because styling it is becoming more and more irrelevant. I really would like to reestablish a hairline and have a choice to have longer hair.

Comment

• mhopton07
                      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by nocturnalwill
                      Thanks for taking a look. I did some more digging. It all looks dodgy to me to be honest. His 'previous employer', DHI, say that he never worked there and was there for some training seminar or something. The surgeon claims over 850 proceedures, yet the literature says 200. Even if there is an honest explanation for it all, I won't be going with this option. Had two other consultations. One was Zierling, Dr Kirshnan, who seems to have great reviews, but more expensive at 1600 grafts for £6400. Other was DHI at £4000. Does anyone have opinions on either of these choices?
                      I'm really glad I found this topic. I met this surgeon last week and something didn't feel right. In the blink of an eye the transplant number went from 2000 (recommended during initial consultation) to 4000! He didn't even examine my head, just sat across the desk. They were then happy to book me in for the treatment in January but I left and decided to have a look around.
                      How far have you got with Ziering?

Comment

• nocturnalwill
                        • Nov 2015

Yeah it all felt dodgy as hell. Lots of inconsistencies in what they said to me, what the literature said (website etc) and then what I found out contacting DHI, which apparently the surgeon worked for. Eventually I got some photos emailed to me of the surgeon's previous work, but low quality phone pics of a not very impressive job and no names or contact details or any other evidence to confirm anything. It felt like buying a used car off some dodgy guy behind a pub, not a surgical consult. Wow.

I had a consult with Ziering and I'm going ahead with them. They were a world apart. Very professional and able to back up claims with pages of photos, testimonials etc. Also on several forums many people have posted about Kirshnan and said good things. Point is it's all traceable. There's a trail of evidence of good previous work. Another interesting thing was the result of the consult. The consultant - Ziering call them Patient Advocates - said I need about 1600 grafts max because I should take as few as possible to protect the donor area in case I need them later in life. Totally different attitude than taking a quick look and going "you need 2500." The consultant also went through the proceedure and pointed out that having a large team to process all the grafts the surgeon extracts so that they can be implanted quickly is important, and expensive. Ziering are more expensive by a margin. But Mouzakis would be doing the surgery entirely on his own or with one assistant, which is why it's a little cheaper. Based on what I've read, heard and experienced so far I very strongly advise you to stay away from the Private Clinic in Birmingham. It's just all too dodgy. Really, really dodgy. And this surgery, not buying a used car. Permanent changes to your body.

I'm going ahead with Ziering, a 1600 graft. I feel very confident in the company and the surgeon. Doing due diligence and reading about the surgeon, I can't find bad things, just lots of satisfied people.

Comment

• Aligem
                          • Nov 2015

How much it cost?

Comment

• nocturnalwill
                            • Nov 2015

About six grand. Much more than the 5 quoted by Private Clinic, but like I said, it's your body - the cheapest bidder doesn't make much sense. :-)

Comment

• Oyster
                              • Jan 2012

yea, when it's all about you and your body, there no funny business.

I hope it goes all well mate, keep us posted

Comment

Working...