+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Question about Private Clinic Birmingham

Hey guys. Met with Dr Michail Mouzakis Friday from Private Clinic Birmingham and have a date pencilled in for December for FUE. Before I committ, does anyone have any experience with Mouzakis? I can find many reviews of the Private Clinic London, Dr Reddy for example, but none for Birmingham.

I mean they're clearly a company with a good reputation as Reddy is very well respected.

Cheers :-)

Hi Will

I have never heard of this doctor or clinic. Have you met anyone who has ahad a procedure there? Always a good idea to meet with several ex clients see what they say. If you are restricting yourself to the UK I would consult with Farjo Manchester. There are also a couple of clinics in Brussells Belgium, a short flight or train journey away.

One thing I learnt was not to rush into anything, put some pictures up if possible, and get some feedback off members as to what they think you need, graft numbers etc

There are some good reps online who can give you advice also. Take your time and dont rush into a procedure.

All the best

ejj

Thanks for your thoughts, ejj. Appreciate you taking the time to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnalwill View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts, ejj. Appreciate you taking the time to answer.
    Very good advice from ejj. Take your time and do more research. Dr. Reddy posts some excellent work on this site and is obviously one of the better HT surgeons based on the fact that he is in the IAHRS. Keep doing your research and if you pick that clinic you might want to take a closer look at Dr. Reddy since he seems to have a very large body of work posted publicly and since Dr. Mouzakis is not in the IAHRS which is very important. If they work at the same clinic there might be a reason he is not listed. Maybe he is new?

Yes thanks guys. Good thoughts. Definitely worth researching. I will call the clinic tomorrow and ask questions about the lack of IAHRS listing. Could be because he is new. The other surgeons are very reputable, so probably there's a good and fair reason.

Hiya Will

I just had a look at the private clinics website. On it it says this Dr has done over `200 procedures`. I do not think this is a lot to be honest, I hope you do not think I am being critical, I just have your best interests at heart. Can I ask how old you are, and how did you find this clinic? Another concern I have is you had the consultation last week and they can fit you in for a procedure sometime within the next 5 weeks? .... Most of the best have a waiting list, I`m just advising caution here, as I see a lot of people in need of repair work and I would not like this to happen to you.

Re asking the clinic questions, it may be a good idea to download Joetronics consultation form of qs to ask the clinic and dr, I believe it is very good and helpful

All the best

ej

I think surgeons should have years of experience to touch my head, but of course they should start from somewhere, eh?

If the price is right, then you may consider, but a few experience with high price is not my call.

Btw, how can I see the Joetronics consultation form?

Cheers

Thanks for taking a look. I did some more digging. It all looks dodgy to me to be honest. His 'previous employer', DHI, say that he never worked there and was there for some training seminar or something. The surgeon claims over 850 proceedures, yet the literature says 200. Even if there is an honest explanation for it all, I won't be going with this option. Had two other consultations. One was Zierling, Dr Kirshnan, who seems to have great reviews, but more expensive at 1600 grafts for £6400. Other was DHI at £4000. Does anyone have opinions on either of these choices?

Hi Will
    I am glad your digging around a bit, you never can be to careful and it is a minefield out there. To be honest the UK is not the best place for this procedure, it may be beneficial to look further afield.

You have some pretty good doctors in Belgium, Mwamba, Feriduni, Devroye, who all seem to have many happy clients online, some may even help you with a hotel for the night and travel expenses.

Whats your current situation like and level of baldness? May be worth waiting a while, and styling your hair differently, some suit a short cut and avoid the hassle of a transplant

All the best
    ej

Click image for larger version

Name:	Top of Head Front.jpg

Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	43314Hi Ejj, thanks for your thoughts. I do quite like zierling in Bromsgrove, Dr Kirshnan. Others on this forum have had great results from him. I have good hair everywhere except front, where it has thinned leaving basically a line from one side to the other all the way over the top of my head and just a little tuft in front. I do shave my head soemtimes because styling it is becoming more and more irrelevant. I really would like to reestablish a hairline and have a choice to have longer hair.