+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnalwill View Post
    Thanks for taking a look. I did some more digging. It all looks dodgy to me to be honest. His 'previous employer', DHI, say that he never worked there and was there for some training seminar or something. The surgeon claims over 850 proceedures, yet the literature says 200. Even if there is an honest explanation for it all, I won't be going with this option. Had two other consultations. One was Zierling, Dr Kirshnan, who seems to have great reviews, but more expensive at 1600 grafts for £6400. Other was DHI at £4000. Does anyone have opinions on either of these choices?
    I'm really glad I found this topic. I met this surgeon last week and something didn't feel right. In the blink of an eye the transplant number went from 2000 (recommended during initial consultation) to 4000! He didn't even examine my head, just sat across the desk. They were then happy to book me in for the treatment in January but I left and decided to have a look around.
    How far have you got with Ziering?

Yeah it all felt dodgy as hell. Lots of inconsistencies in what they said to me, what the literature said (website etc) and then what I found out contacting DHI, which apparently the surgeon worked for. Eventually I got some photos emailed to me of the surgeon's previous work, but low quality phone pics of a not very impressive job and no names or contact details or any other evidence to confirm anything. It felt like buying a used car off some dodgy guy behind a pub, not a surgical consult. Wow.

I had a consult with Ziering and I'm going ahead with them. They were a world apart. Very professional and able to back up claims with pages of photos, testimonials etc. Also on several forums many people have posted about Kirshnan and said good things. Point is it's all traceable. There's a trail of evidence of good previous work. Another interesting thing was the result of the consult. The consultant - Ziering call them Patient Advocates - said I need about 1600 grafts max because I should take as few as possible to protect the donor area in case I need them later in life. Totally different attitude than taking a quick look and going "you need 2500." The consultant also went through the proceedure and pointed out that having a large team to process all the grafts the surgeon extracts so that they can be implanted quickly is important, and expensive. Ziering are more expensive by a margin. But Mouzakis would be doing the surgery entirely on his own or with one assistant, which is why it's a little cheaper. Based on what I've read, heard and experienced so far I very strongly advise you to stay away from the Private Clinic in Birmingham. It's just all too dodgy. Really, really dodgy. And this surgery, not buying a used car. Permanent changes to your body.

I'm going ahead with Ziering, a 1600 graft. I feel very confident in the company and the surgeon. Doing due diligence and reading about the surgeon, I can't find bad things, just lots of satisfied people.

How much it cost?

About six grand. Much more than the 5 quoted by Private Clinic, but like I said, it's your body - the cheapest bidder doesn't make much sense. :-)

yea, when it's all about you and your body, there no funny business.

I hope it goes all well mate, keep us posted