+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I can't comment on the efficacy of this product as I learned after purchasing and waiting weeks to receive it that Provillus "is not intended for men with a receding hairline or frontal baldness", so I sent their garbage product back, immediately! And they DID NOT make it easy. Allow me to explain...Pacific Naturals' use of deceptive and misleading marketing tactics are disgusting and prey on men's low self-esteem associated with male pattern baldness. With that said, this is more of a review of the company's deceitful business practices than the product itself. However, the quality of the former should reveal to you the quality of the latter.

The company that makes Provillus LIES & DECEIVES to get your money by convincing you it's "scientifically designed to treat male pattern baldness at any stage of hair loss" then after purchasing it they make it frustratingly difficult to get their so-called "Risk Free Money Back Guarantee". Despite the company's claim that Provillus is for "all men & hair types" NOWHERE on their website (www.provillus.com) or in their marketing jargon do they disclose to the customer that THIS PRODUCT IS FOR EARLY STAGE VERTEX (CROWN) BALDING ONLY! It wasn't until I received the product and read the carton does it say that. It also says "THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED FOR FRONTAL BALDING OR RECEDING HAIRLINE". I was instantly disappointed at their deception in selling me a product not intended for me. I felt like a sucker.

After waiting weeks to get this useless snake oil, I had to jump through hoops to get my "refund" (I had to call their customer service number 4 TIMES, every time the rep could barely speak English, much less understood or listened to my grievances). After paying MORE money to send it back I finally received an email notification informing me of my refund, which they had kept almost HALF of the purchase price as a "restocking fee". (I paid $200, but only received $120 refund...hardly what I'd call risk free)

During this upsetting ordeal I came to realize why it's the "No.1 product sold online"... because they LIE to get your money. Out of the very large demographic of men with male pattern baldness this product is ONLY intended for a TINY segment (those with early signs of crown balding), yet they deceptively exploit all men's desire for a fuller head of hair by misleading them to think it will work for everyone. How effective is their snake oil if those are the tactics they need to resort to in order to sell their product? It's now clear to me that's how they make their money, by betting people won't go through the ordeal of returning their garbage product that barely works and creates product dependency (i.e. any hair gains will fall out when you stop using the product, so you're hooked for LIFE!!!...IF you're one of the few men it actually works on).

The end result? They have their garbage product back on their "shelf" and $80 of my hard earned money... LESSON LEARNED!

If after reading this review you're still considering buying Provillus first ask yourself this question:

If this product worked half as good as they claim then why do they need to TRICK you into buying it and STEAL almost half of what you paid if you return it?

That is dishonest and unethical. Those types of business deserve to go under. I hope they suffocate on their own useless, putrid snake oil.