+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Inactive

The very same industry also includes the 'proven 2'..
    Proven in the sense that they : 1.) can cause serious and permanent side effects 2.) do not work with everyone 3.) take lifetime usage + costs etc.

There are natural DHT blocking alternatives. The fact that FDA doesn't regulate natural DHT blockers doesn't mean that they do not work. There are a number of positive studies. These studies are unpopular with doctors, promoters and manufacturers of 'proven 2' who earn billions each year.

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    There are natural DHT blocking alternatives.
    For the benefit of everyone reading this, do not waste your time listening to this person. This person is too blinded with misinformation to take seriously.

Natural DHT blocking does not work to treat hereditary hair loss. It never has and it likely never will. No one has ever been able to slow down, stop or reverse hereditary hair loss with natural treatments. It is not at all likely that anyone ever will be able to slow down, stop or reverse hereditary hair loss with natural treatments. Hereditary hair loss is a natural thing. Attempting to slow down, stop or reverse hereditary hair loss is not natural.

The very same industry also includes the 'proven 2'..
    Proven in the sense that they : 1.) can cause serious and permanent side effects.
    The frequency of occurrence for the possible side effects is very rare. There is no evidence that they are permanent. There is strong evidence that for many the possibility of experiencing these possible side effects is the result of fear mongering. There is strong evidence that the persistence of these possible side effects are also the result of fear mongering.

2.) do not work with everyone.
    Nothing works for everyone. These proven treatment work for most people who use them. Most people who use them do not experience any side effects at all.

3.) take lifetime usage + costs etc.
    This is a moot point made by a person who obviously does not have the wealth of knowledge he thinks he has. He doesn't even have a reasonable understanding of what he is talking about. Hereditary hair loss is a progressive condition that continues throughout ones life. It does not stop. Therefore it should be obvious that any treatment used to slow down, stop or reverse hereditary hair loss would need to be continued for the rest of ones life. This is the way it is going to be any and all hair loss treatments until medical science figures out how to immunize hair follicles from the effects of DHT.

Hereditary hair loss is a natural thing. Attempting to slow down, stop or reverse hereditary hair loss is not natural.

Nothin' like a good ol' post for quote argument eh?

The thing that bothers me most is when people claim Natural DHT blockers, stop hair loss using the same mechanism as Finasteride (i.e they block DHT), but they have no sides.
    If this natural works in the same way as Finasteride, how can it not have side similar to Finasteride?
    I wasted 9months of my life on this stuff. Went all the way up till 640mg of Saw Palmetto extract and some other random natural stuff. To the point where I was nauseous and had terrible headaches from time to time.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by khan View Post
    The thing that bothers me most is when people claim Natural DHT blockers, stop hair loss using the same mechanism as Finasteride (i.e they block DHT), but they have no sides.
    If this natural works in the same way as Finasteride, how can it not have side similar to Finasteride?
    I wasted 9months of my life on this stuff. Went all the way up till 640mg of Saw Palmetto extract and some other random natural stuff. To the point where I was nauseous and had terrible headaches from time to time.
    Although there are descriptions with beta sitosterol and saw palmetto, naming the very similar side effects as with finasteride, in reality these are natural compounds and also the studies performed compared the side effects of these natural inhibitors vs. finasteride - and no serious side effects were shown with natural inhibitors.

While natural inhibitors work against DHT, I wouldn't bet that the mechanisms are exactly the same as with finasteride and I believe finasteride is more dangerous because it might block DHT in a different way or do something else besides blocking DHT.

It is reported that beta sitosterol is 1k to 3k times more potent than saw palmetto. I have no side effects whatsoever. I also use saw palmetto 300mg daily. The only 'side effect' I had in the past was when I was using saw palmetto in tea form, as it was for some reason leaving bad breath.

Provillus is a scam. The junk StressedToTheBald is pushing is also a scam.

the studies performed compared the side effects of these natural inhibitors vs. finasteride - and no serious side effects were shown with natural inhibitors.
    This is news to me. I am not aware of any clinical studies that you are claiming. That is these studies which campare sides effects and efficacy of natural stuff to finasteride.

Can you please link these studies. I am interested in reading them.

Inactive

This is news to me. I am not aware of any clinical studies that you are claiming. That is these studies which campare sides effects and efficacy of natural stuff to finasteride.

For example

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12006122
    http://www.hairgenesis.com/hairstudy02.pdf

"Since AGA shares similar hormonal pathways with BPH, it was previously recognized that the pharmaceutical agents useful against BPH may offer some potential benefit in the treatment of AGA. The modification of Proscar (finasteride 5mg initially indicated for BPH), to Propecia (finasteride 1mg new indication AGA) serves as a paradigm for this rationale (Kaufmann 1999). Like finasteride, several botanically derived substances have also demonstrated the ability to inhibit key hormonal processes associated with BPH. Importantly, these botanicals have not been linked with the spectrum of negative side effects, adverse reactions, or teratogenicity, associated with the pharmaceutically derived alternatives (Klepser and Klepser, 1999).

Recently, several clinical trials have been reported demonstrating the efficacy of botanical compounds in the treatment of a number of androgen dependent conditions, and, specifically, BPH. For example, among 1,098 BPH patients tested in one recent study, the general safety profile of the lipsterolic extract of Serenoa repens (LSESr 320 mg/day), or saw palmetto berry extract, compared favorably with that of finasteride, and sexual side effects were less common with the extract than with the drug. In particular the use of this extract has not been associated with erectile dysfunction, ejaculatory disturbance, or altered libido (Wilt et al. 2000a). Remarkably, in another biochemical study, it was found that LSESr was a 3-fold more effective inhibitor than finasteride (5 mg/day) at concentrations adjusted to the recommended doses for BPH treatment. It should be noted that finasteride as indicated for AGA is dosed significantly lower (1 mg/day), suggesting, a 15-fold more potent level of inhibition at the recommended daily dose of LSESr (320 mg/day) (Delos et al. 1994)."

The studies he keeps pushing do not stand up to legitimate medical scrutiny. StressedToTheBald is up to his ears full of misinformation and he wants to share it with everyone.

what about nisim shampoo and topicals anyone tried them as it says the shampoo can halt hairloss in 7 days which does sound like a scam.