+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default 16 years and balding at a rapid pace

Hi. I will start with the my story right away. So it all began when I was like 11 years old and my brother used to make fun of me that soon I will turn bald just like my dad. I used to laugh it off thinking he is just making fun. But what he said that day was fully and I didn't believe it. Fast forward 2 years, the hair lining started to thin, I didn't take any notice still. When I used to take a bath, I used to find hairs sticking to the soap, like 10-15 each day. When I used to study, they would fall and rest on the book I am reading. Same goes for all the activities I did.. fast forward another 2 years, now it came to my notice, I still remember, one day when I was leaving for school and was combing my hair, I noticed shortage of hair which I just applied some oil and combed so that it won't be visible and set off. Now another year after that, I have LOST alot of hair! I do mean a lot. The left and right side have considerably gotten in, and the middle one as well.

My father is also bald. He says he used to have loss exactly like me. But I don't really believe that, I think mine is more severe. But the same doesn't goes for my brother, he has full hair, like any other kid.

I thought of that if I somehow managed to get it saved up till marriage I will be alright. But that doesn't seems so. The pace is fast enough.. I have noticed each n' every guy's hair in my school of my age group, NONE of them suffer from hair loss.. noone except me. If some may say "You are balding cuz your dad is bald" then my reply to that is, why the friends of my age group, that have their father bald, aren't suffering from this?

I belong to a small town. My dad said you might be suffering from hair loss because perhaps you went to the barber and his scissors might have cut someone's hair who was suffering from hair loss or an infection and you might have got that particular infection to which I don't really believe. My brother's hair didn't go. Neither those who live in the same locality.

I feel so sad. With each passing day, hair falls off and off and off and off .... and whenever I see a hair, I ask myself "Will this even ever stop"? While on facebook I saw a post on facebook that, boiling Hibiscus rosa-sinensis leaves and mixing them with coconut oil will reduce balding. I have been applying for 2 months but doesn't seems to work. Whenever I take a bath, and run a soap over my head, 10-12 hairs also stick to it. Same goes when I use a towel.

I even thought of suiciding. I don't know, I am too afraid. Is there any possible way for me to fix it? Why did God choose me for such a miserable life.

How it looks: http://i.imgur.com/8MBcYIl.png
    (Roughly. I drew this via paint. I think it is even worse that that. I am too shy to post a pic of myself)

Firstly, you can't become "infected" by someone with hairloss. Literally one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard in my life.

You need to post an actual picture. Just use MS paint to cover your face.

See a Dermatologist if possible or at least a medical doctor.

At your age I would suggest using Minoxidil foam twice daily and Nizoral shampoo twice weekly. (See a doctor before starting)

Once you're a bit older you'll have finasteride (18+) and possibly new treatments available.

Don't think about suicide man, you're so young and there will be even better solutions to hairloss for your generation.

Focus on school.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

ILL RESPOND later today,,this evening. !! No worries James!!

Quote Originally Posted by James98 View Post
    Hi. I will start with the my story right away. So it all began when I was like 11 years old and my brother used to make fun of me that soon I will turn bald just like my dad. I used to laugh it off thinking he is just making fun. But what he said that day was fully and I didn't believe it. Fast forward 2 years, the hair lining started to thin, I didn't take any notice still. When I used to take a bath, I used to find hairs sticking to the soap, like 10-15 each day. When I used to study, they would fall and rest on the book I am reading. Same goes for all the activities I did.. fast forward another 2 years, now it came to my notice, I still remember, one day when I was leaving for school and was combing my hair, I noticed shortage of hair which I just applied some oil and combed so that it won't be visible and set off. Now another year after that, I have LOST alot of hair! I do mean a lot. The left and right side have considerably gotten in, and the middle one as well.

My father is also bald. He says he used to have loss exactly like me. But I don't really believe that, I think mine is more severe. But the same doesn't goes for my brother, he has full hair, like any other kid.

I thought of that if I somehow managed to get it saved up till marriage I will be alright. But that doesn't seems so. The pace is fast enough.. I have noticed each n' every guy's hair in my school of my age group, NONE of them suffer from hair loss.. noone except me. If some may say "You are balding cuz your dad is bald" then my reply to that is, why the friends of my age group, that have their father bald, aren't suffering from this?

I belong to a small town. My dad said you might be suffering from hair loss because perhaps you went to the barber and his scissors might have cut someone's hair who was suffering from hair loss or an infection and you might have got that particular infection to which I don't really believe. My brother's hair didn't go. Neither those who live in the same locality.

I feel so sad. With each passing day, hair falls off and off and off and off .... and whenever I see a hair, I ask myself "Will this even ever stop"? While on facebook I saw a post on facebook that, boiling Hibiscus rosa-sinensis leaves and mixing them with coconut oil will reduce balding. I have been applying for 2 months but doesn't seems to work. Whenever I take a bath, and run a soap over my head, 10-12 hairs also stick to it. Same goes when I use a towel.

I even thought of suiciding. I don't know, I am too afraid. Is there any possible way for me to fix it? Why did God choose me for such a miserable life.

How it looks: http://i.imgur.com/8MBcYIl.png
    (Roughly. I drew this via paint. I think it is even worse that that. I am too shy to post a pic of myself)
    What is that picture you posted? You cannot be "infected" by hair loss. It is not some kind of virus or parasite. You need to post an actual pic, just blur out your face. Everything will be o.k., relax. There is always a solution. Perhaps finasteride and minoxidil will work well for you.

James I am afraid it's best to accept what you can not change. Don't think you've been singled out for terrible things. Instead, consider that life is just a series of random events - be gentle on yourself.

Hair loss is not the end of life. You will do just fine.

Hello James98 and I apologize for my delay in responding here.
    (Ive lots of work to do/very busy)

First off, It would really help if you would post recent photos of your scalp, front and back.
    Of course you need NOT include your face in the photos,,just the hair images.

Secondly, Do not ALLOW stress to take over your existence regardless of what the issues are.
    Stress WILL cause problems with your hair AND your overall health.

Being that you are only 16 years old, you need consider and to realize that you do not as yet have true foresight, the ability to predict the consequences of your actions.

Im not trying to insult or attack you James98. I am trying to help and advise you to stay positive and to live a very good life.
    You have been given decent responses by the other members here.
    Your words-
    "I even thought of suiciding. I don't know, I am too afraid. Is there any possible way for me to fix it? Why did God choose me for such a miserable life"

Your over-emotions are taking over your life in a very negative way James' !!
    I am sure that if your DO have serious hairloss it CAN BE treated!!
    But you might not have serious hair loss.....
    Im concerned about you bro!
    Please respond and if you could , post the photos that I asked.
    You will NOT be criticized.
    Cheers bro!!

Focusing on school would be something I'd love to do myself, but it will soon become a living hell as soon as I lose more hair and it becomes more clear... I observed carefully EACH AND every guy's hair of my age group and guess what? No one of them. NO ONE OF THEM. Except me. Why?

I don't really know what to conclude, some say it is possible but some don't. Here are some photos:

http://i.imgur.com/hq9AqbL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Iovqp5x.jpg

Pls don't make fun of me, I am ugly, I know..

Dude... You have tons of hair left. Once you hit your 20s your hair would be considered very normal.

Go see a dermatologist asap. Get on minoxidil foam twice a day and nizoral shampoo. Once you hit 18 get on finasteride. These two things stop any further loss in about 86% of men when used together.

You caught this early, you have lots of hope.

Hello James98!!

BaldingEagle gave you GOOD advice!
    I also AGREE with Balding' in saying that 'You have tons of hair left' !
    Thats true...
    Thanks for posting these photos of your hairline.
    James' when you said- "Pls don't make fun of me, I am ugly, I know.."

No one is going to make fun of you bro.
    Also, do not consider yourself 'ugly'.
    I bet that you are NOT ugly.

Acceptance is so very IMPORTANT regardless as to whatever it is~
    especially for guys and girls as young as you are right now!

James' I PROMISE you that when you get to into your mid-20s you will look back on your feelings and your over-emotions of today and realize that it was an unnecessary thing to do to yourself.
    When you read this, being that you are 16 years old, you might not agree or understand, but hopefully you will.
    You must not ALLOW assumptions to takeover your feelings.
    Others around you may not really see any differences to your hair.
    Step-back from any worries. (worry and stress WILL hurt you)
    As BaldingEagle has suggested to you , begin using 'minoxidil foam twice a day and nizoral shampoo'.

I also suggest that you begin taking the multivitamin Biotin.
    Biotin has been PROVEN for decades to HELP improve peoples hair.

Cheers bro.

Hello James98!!

BaldingEagle gave you GOOD advice!
    I also AGREE with Balding' in saying that 'You have tons of hair left' !
    Thats true...
    Thanks for posting these photos of your hairline.
    James' when you said- "Pls don't make fun of me, I am ugly, I know.."

No one is going to make fun of you bro.
    Also, do not consider yourself 'ugly'.
    I bet that you are NOT ugly.

Acceptance is so very IMPORTANT regardless as to whatever it is~
    especially for guys and girls as young as you are right now!

James' I PROMISE you that when you get to into your mid-20s you will look back on your feelings and your over-emotions of today and realize that it was an unnecessary thing to do to yourself.
    When you read this, being that you are 16 years old, you might not agree or understand, but hopefully you will.
    You must not ALLOW assumptions to takeover your feelings.
    Others around you may not really see any differences to your hair.
    Step-back from any worries. (worry and stress WILL hurt you)
    As BaldingEagle has suggested to you , begin using 'minoxidil foam twice a day and nizoral shampoo'.

I also suggest that you begin taking the multivitamin Biotin.
    Biotin has been PROVEN for decades to HELP improve peoples hair.

Cheers bro.