Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • epipapilla
    • Mar 2015

A million dollar new face and new hair!

A new face and new hair can be achieved at the cost of $1 million!

But, you will have to take immune suppressing drugs for the rest of your life to stop your body rejecting the new you!

This is the before and after picture of the face and hair transplant done on Patrick Hardison at the age of 41:

This is the donor of the face and hair, David Rodebaugh who was 26 when he died due to a cycling accident:

This is what Patrick Hardison looked like before he got severely burnt in a house fire trying to rescue a woman:

I think the surgeons did a really good job!

Read more about this here:

Being a volunteer firefighter meant everything to Pat Hardison, but when an accident left his face severely burned, he thought he would never be the same again.
  • allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
    • Aug 2015

Well yeah... if you wanna look like fat zombie Charlie Sheen, with just as weak an immune system as the real Sheen has been keeping quiet...

Comment

• warner8
      • Jan 2015

and hows does tis help us??????

waste of time thread

Comment

• nameless
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
        Well yeah... if you wanna look like fat zombie Charlie Sheen, with just as weak an immune system as the real Sheen has been keeping quiet...
        I can't figure out if your bigoted post against Sheen is displaying your bigotry against him for having mental health problems or for being HIV positive or for both so please tell me if you are a HIV bigot or mental health bigot or both.

Comment

• Trouse5858
          • Apr 2014

That's actually really impressive. The face is bloated sure, but the only thing that looks truly "off" is the eyes and they'll probably get better. I remember like five years ago when the first full transplant of the face was done and the end result was a complete disaster. Just shows that surgery techniques keep getting better and better, good news for the emerging transplant crowd

Comment

• allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by nameless
            I can't figure out if your bigoted post against Sheen is displaying your bigotry against him for having mental health problems or for being HIV positive or for both so please tell me if you are a HIV bigot or mental health bigot or both.
            The only bigotry I have is against all the uptight, hypersensitive babies there seems to be so many of in this miserable decade. It was supposed to be funny, like I assume this thread was supposed to be. Harden the **** up.

Comment

• BaldingEagle
              • Oct 2015

Still a better face than Bethesda games.

Comment

• nameless
                • Feb 2013

The only bigotry I have is against all the uptight, hypersensitive babies there seems to be so many of in this miserable decade. It was supposed to be funny, like I assume this thread was supposed to be. Harden the **** up.
                Just because you intended what you said to be funny does not mean that it can't be loaded with bigotry. It is loaded with bigotry.

And I'm not trying to give you a hard time. I only bothered to point out that what you said is bigoted because we hair loss sufferers have to put up with a lot
                of bigotry ourselves, and we complain about it, so it does seem to me that we should be learning not to be bigoted against others. And I'm not saying you're a bad guy; I'm just saying that we should learn from our own experiences related to hair loss or else we will get nothing positive from this horrid experience.

Comment

• FooFighter
                  • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Trouse5858
                  That's actually really impressive. The face is bloated sure, but the only thing that looks truly "off" is the eyes and they'll probably get better. I remember like five years ago when the first full transplant of the face was done and the end result was a complete disaster. Just shows that surgery techniques keep getting better and better, good news for the emerging transplant crowd
                  Yes, surgery techniques keep getting better and better, but not all doctors have ability to perform this techniques properly and with awesome results. Actually, very few doctors can perform this kind of surgeries in world. That’s why they are so expensive.

Comment

• Herbaliser
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by epipapilla
                    A new face and new hair can be achieved at the cost of $1 million!

But, you will have to take immune suppressing drugs for the rest of your life to stop your body rejecting the new you!

This is the before and after picture of the face and hair transplant done on Patrick Hardison at the age of 41:

This is the donor of the face and hair, David Rodebaugh who was 26 when he died due to a cycling accident:

This is what Patrick Hardison looked like before he got severely burnt in a house fire trying to rescue a woman:

I think the surgeons did a really good job!

Read more about this here:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/unprece...ry?id=35218667
                    I donīt think they got your point. "smiley"

Comment

• garethbale
                      • Apr 2012

And yet I bet this guy, who despite having these burns inflicted upon him, is far more happy and secure in his new state than you will ever be because of your hair loss.

Comment

• Jasari
                        • May 2011

Am I missing something?

I was under the impression that it was impossible to transplant someone else's hair?

Comment

• hairmia
                          • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Jasari
                          Am I missing something?

I was under the impression that it was impossible to transplant someone else's hair?
                          Hair is like any other organ, you would have to take immunosuppressants in order for it to not be rejected, not really worth compromising your immune system for some hair.

Comment

Working...