+ Reply to Thread

Default How precise do you have to cut fin?

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering, for the people who don't have propecia but only generic fin, how precise do you have to be when you cut it? There's always going to be a little bit of crumbling and the four portions won't be EXACTLY the same size. Is it very important that you take the exact same dosage every day, or is the main thing that you get the required weekly dosage of 5mg, regardless of how precisely it's divided?

This guy seems to think that to get the full benefit, the daily dosage needs to be exactly the same: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hui0FHub4d4

That's the reason I brought it up here. However, everyone else I've talked to says that as long as you're getting the 5mg per week, it doesn't matter how evenly it's divided up.

You don't have to be too precise. Finasteride has a rather flat dose-response curve once you hit 1mg of finasteride. That is, once you get 1mg of finasteride in your blood, your DHT levels go down about 70%. If you take 5mg of finasteride, your DHT levels still go down like 70%. The additional finasteride makes little if any difference to your DHT levels.

So if you cut your pill into quarters like I do and you take, say, 1.12 mg one day and 1.24 mg the next day and so on, your DHTs levels will still go down to about 70%. So it doesn't make much of a difference once you hit the 1mg level. I have been doing this for about 7 years now *yikes!* and everything is going well.

I also use minoxidil too though, but I use a lot of it all over the top of my head. Like 3x the recommended amount, since the hair all over the top of my head was miniaturizing. No way you are going to cover all that with just one dropper full of minoxidil solution. I use 3 droppers full, to make sure my entire head is covered, twice a day. It has been going very well.

Quote Originally Posted by macster View Post
    You don't have to be too precise. Finasteride has a rather flat dose-response curve once you hit 1mg of finasteride. That is, once you get 1mg of finasteride in your blood, your DHT levels go down about 70%. If you take 5mg of finasteride, your DHT levels still go down like 70%. The additional finasteride makes little if any difference to your DHT levels.

So if you cut your pill into quarters like I do and you take, say, 1.12 mg one day and 1.24 mg the next day and so on, your DHTs levels will still go down to about 70%. So it doesn't make much of a difference once you hit the 1mg level. I have been doing this for about 7 years now *yikes!* and everything is going well.

I also use minoxidil too though, but I use a lot of it all over the top of my head. Like 3x the recommended amount, since the hair all over the top of my head was miniaturizing. No way you are going to cover all that with just one dropper full of minoxidil solution. I use 3 droppers full, to make sure my entire head is covered, twice a day. It has been going very well.
    this is correct. It really doesn't matter. I just bite off a third of a pill every day.

Thanks for the detailed response macster! Very informative. Out of curiousity, how well are the treatments working for you? Do you have pictures of your results?

Quote Originally Posted by PappinAce View Post

This guy seems to think that to get the full benefit, the daily dosage needs to be exactly the same: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hui0FHub4d4
    Hi,
    Nice and very informative video. Though I'm a little bit confused with the words that Finasteride is not egually divided in the tablet. Here is the video of the tablet creation process: https://youtu.be/TrAHTmq-DLE. Here you can see that the active ingredient and other ingredients are first well mixed.