Dr. Wesley has begun his 3rd 'Pilofocus' Phase Testing- I was finally involved!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hemo
    • Apr 2015

The difference in pilofocus harvesting region looks great. Considering how long it's taken to master the procedure, and the fact that other companies are looking into hair cloning, etc., I wonder if it's even useful to pursue any longer. It can take another few years to get this right, and then what? You offer it as a more expensive FUE alternative until cloning is available? Doesn't seem worth it.

Comment

• JohnMPB
      • Nov 2009

Artista, are you no longer posting?

Comment

• garethbale
        • Apr 2012

Of course he isn't.

Comment

• bald fighter
          • Feb 2013

2018 on the door and we haven't get any vaulable results

Comment

• markusbdc
            • Jun 2014

Originally posted by bald fighter
            2018 on the door and we haven't get any vaulable results
            Yeah its weird-2018 almost gone and the whole of science has nothing much more to offer for balding and hair loss then it did in like 1983...ugh

Comment

• JohnMPB
              • Nov 2009

Artista, why did U leave us?

Comment

• Handbeezy
                • May 2017

Originally posted by JohnMPB
                Because he was completely full of shit and eventually it became obvious.

Comment

• Louish
                  • Aug 2015

Originally posted by JohnMPB
                  The guy is retarded, insane and unhelpful so why do you care?

Comment

• bagger
                    • Dec 2017

Come on guys. Really? This was supposed to be out so long ago.... I dont even care about donor regrowth. I know alot of you guys do. I called the office a few weeks back and was told by the receptionist that Pilofocus is still in clinical trials?? What do they mean..... Its a fancy FUE without scarring. The trails started forever ago, what is clinical about it? She sounded like this was a medication that needed FDA approval for crying out loud.... Why wont Dr Wesley just offer this exclusively at his clinic for a jacked up price? This had so much promise. I have longer hair and not having to buzz down (which is a benefit of pilofocus) would be worth the price alone for me. Come on Dr Wesley lets go!!

Comment

• Louish
                      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by bagger
                      Come on guys. Really? This was supposed to be out so long ago.... I dont even care about donor regrowth. I know alot of you guys do. I called the office a few weeks back and was told by the receptionist that Pilofocus is still in clinical trials?? What do they mean..... Its a fancy FUE without scarring. The trails started forever ago, what is clinical about it? She sounded like this was a medication that needed FDA approval for crying out loud.... Why wont Dr Wesley just offer this exclusively at his clinic for a jacked up price? This had so much promise. I have longer hair and not having to buzz down (which is a benefit of pilofocus) would be worth the price alone for me. Come on Dr Wesley lets go!!
                      The good news is scaring is a no issue with well done FUE. What shows is the lack of hair not the tiny scars. Pilofocus can't do anything about that if it doesn't regrow donor zone.

Comment

• kirklandism
                        • Jul 2013

Pilofocus was always going to be a cost-benefit challenge to traditional FUE techniques. Taking individual follicles from underneath the scalp would be a preferable method over harvesting from outside the scalp as, when done properly, it leaves no visible punctuate scarring. However, the lack of hair in the areas where the follicle was removed, even from underneath, would be obvious the more you harvest, just like with FUE.

Unfortunately, the time it takes to harvest follicles from beneath the scalp compared to the time it takes to harvest the same number of follicles above the scalp is just not worth it financially. Pilofocus is far more labour-intensive, even with refined instrumentation, hours and hours of experience and good hands. It would require multiple sessions to harvest the same number of follicles a decently-skilled FUE hair restoration surgeon could do in only one session. If the binary option were between FUT and Pilofocus, there would be a market for those who don't want to have the strip scar. But as FUE becomes more widely available, instrumentation becomes more refined (such as smaller punch tools) and even robotics plays a part, it is harden to envision a future where Pilofocus is a mainstay option.

Having said that, the recent study showing the use of surgical microfilaments placed beneath the scalp as a way to induce growth factors and restore, in part, thinning follicles, Pilofocus may find a new life as the means by which these sutures can be placed with greater accuracy.

Comment

• bagger
                          • Dec 2017

Originally posted by kirklandism
                          Pilofocus was always going to be a cost-benefit challenge to traditional FUE techniques. Taking individual follicles from underneath the scalp would be a preferable method over harvesting from outside the scalp as, when done properly, it leaves no visible punctuate scarring. However, the lack of hair in the areas where the follicle was removed, even from underneath, would be obvious the more you harvest, just like with FUE.

Unfortunately, the time it takes to harvest follicles from beneath the scalp compared to the time it takes to harvest the same number of follicles above the scalp is just not worth it financially. Pilofocus is far more labour-intensive, even with refined instrumentation, hours and hours of experience and good hands. It would require multiple sessions to harvest the same number of follicles a decently-skilled FUE hair restoration surgeon could do in only one session. If the binary option were between FUT and Pilofocus, there would be a market for those who don't want to have the strip scar. But as FUE becomes more widely available, instrumentation becomes more refined (such as smaller punch tools) and even robotics plays a part, it is harden to envision a future where Pilofocus is a mainstay option.

Having said that, the recent study showing the use of surgical microfilaments placed beneath the scalp as a way to induce growth factors and restore, in part, thinning follicles, Pilofocus may find a new life as the means by which these sutures can be placed with greater accuracy.
                          Could you please elaborate or direct me to a link discussing this topic. I am a diffuse thinner so I am very interested in this. Thank you.

Comment

Working...