+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 83 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Handbeezy View Post
    I don't. He's sat there laughing at comments like that.
    Haha no kidding! Guys a clown!

Quote Originally Posted by tedwuji View Post
    what if i need 4 or 5000 grafts?

all those dots will be smaller than a 2cm (less than 1 inch) slit?
    If you'd add all the slits up you'd have a gigantic scar, that's true. But 0.6 mm fue punch is so small that it's pretty much undetectable.

Last few years I've been trimming my hair to 6 mm, I'm sure that in direct sunlight you'd notice a 1 inch scar through that, but it's impossible to see any scarring in my donor. I must honestly say that I don't know if it's still undetectable if I'd shave my head really bald, I just have never tried it. But I don't think I've ever seen noticeable scarring from for example HASCI patients who went there for the 2nd time and had to shave their heads bald. Maybe though if you shave your head really bald and the sun tans your skin that the scar tissue becomes visible, because scar tissue tends to tan less. I don't know, but if you have plans to really shave your head grade 0 bald in the future then you might be right.

The idea of this 1 inch scar and the whole idea of some device going under my skin, which seems pretty intrusive, kind of puts me off. But to each their own of course.

Artista, give us some news.

Quote Originally Posted by Slam1523 View Post
    Haha no kidding! Guys a clown!
    name calling will get us no where.

Quote Originally Posted by tedwuji View Post
    name calling will get us no where.
    Honestly it's not going to prevent anything either. For months we were fed excuses as to why artista was unable to get news regarding this treatments effectiveness, but promised we would get it. Last month he was so excited to notify us that the news would come shortly. For over a year we were promised that he was chosen as a voice for the treatment in this forum, and he went to all lengths to assure us that this was to help us. Finally he goes in with many waiting eagerly to get news of what was discussed at the checkup. Rather than giving even the slightest of ideas as to what was said this man has gone into total silence, despite being a frequent visitor to this forum. If you think you will be able to coerce this kind of individual to spilling the beans by being kind, then by all means do so. He gave me all the information I needed to know in his silence.
    Last edited by Winston; 06-05-2017 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies and Terms of Service.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Carlos Wesley, MD's Avatar

Lightbulb

Here are images from his procedure. Intraoperative image showing where grafts were harvested with the two methods: piloscopic and FUE.

Here are magnified images from his follow-up appointment. The first image is of the FUE harvested region. The second of the piloscopic donor harvested region and the third is of the entry port.

Regarding the status of piloscopy: I do very small cases only once every two months. The challenge is determining how the angle of follicles as seen from the outside corresponds to the angle beneath the skin surface. It is quite a mechanical challenge that requires practice to master. Since the birth of my son on New Year's Day, I have not found much time outside of office hours (surgeries and consultations every single day) to continue to practice this. I was actually practicing with the "not for human use" version of the instrument on a cadaveric model when my wife's water broke. I believe that hiring a young associate surgeon will provide more free time to pursue this further.
    Carlos Wesley, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

1050 Fifth Avenue
    New York, NY 10028
    844-745-6362
    http://www.drcarloswesley.com
    info@drcarloswesley.com

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Wesley, MD View Post
    Here are images from his procedure. Intraoperative image showing where grafts were harvested with the two methods: piloscopic and FUE.

Here are magnified images from his follow-up appointment. The first image is of the FUE harvested region. The second of the piloscopic donor harvested region and the third is of the entry port.

Regarding the status of piloscopy: I do very small cases only once every two months. The challenge is determining how the angle of follicles as seen from the outside corresponds to the angle beneath the skin surface. It is quite a mechanical challenge that requires practice to master. Since the birth of my son on New Year's Day, I have not found much time outside of office hours (surgeries and consultations every single day) to continue to practice this. I was actually practicing with the "not for human use" version of the instrument on a cadaveric model when my wife's water broke. I believe that hiring a young associate surgeon will provide more free time to pursue this further.
    Thanks.
    So did you see regrowth over the past two years?

Can we get an explanation of what we are looking at? How many grafts were extracted from the Pilofocus side? Was there regeneration? Are there pictures that are not do zoomed in so we can see the cosmetic impact of the scars and entry point?

I think this procedure is dead in the water.

This will be my last post in this.
    Last edited by Winston; 06-08-2017 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies and Terms of Service.

Oh. I see

I wonder y spencer doesn't take part in the forums anymore