+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I am very thoroughly impressed with Dr. Wesleys work, you'd be a fool not to be... the only factor I am having trouble comprehending is the follicle regeneration. I don't see how this technique would be able to remove so much tissue and just expect the follicle to start functioning again at a normal level. I think the main benefit we will see with his technique is minimal scarring.
    honestly I dont understand hype created around this pilo technique. 1- if u go to a reputable doc, surgery will be almost no visible 2- agree with others there is no regeneration expected of this technique anyways.If so maybe it will be 1%, again cosmetically not visible...

what are we talking about here seriously? plus it is only 50grafts pilo.....

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Good morning all,
    To respond to bobbie6915102, basically Dr. Wesley's usage of cadavers was for testing and upgrading his endoscopic instrumentation and improve his science in safely going underneath the scalps to remove the hair follicles properly.
    The use of cadavers had nothing to do with the hair regeneration aspects of his new system.

I also wanted to say that most everyone here has NOT seen that initial 2013 45 minute PowerPoint presentation via Skype by Dr Wesley in regards to his completed first Phase test .

I was one of the members here (and Spencer Kobren too) lucky enough to have been ALLOWED access to be shown the PowerPoint presentation and have my first conversation with Dr. Wesley on the specifics of it all.
    A small percentage of other doctors were brought into that presentation as well.

This is a posting on one of those threads that I wrote back then...

7/14/2014
    "Both Spencer and myself had personally been shown that initial PowerPoint presentation via Skype by Dr Wesley himself. (since then he has updated me once again via Skype)
    He has entrusted both of us not to speak too much of his methods specifics.
    Dr Wesley did not show the same thing at the ISHRS conference last year and I can understand why.
    His instrumentation technology has really PROGRESSED now guys.
    He isn't playing any games ,,he is VERY SINCERE at what he is doing."

Everybody can think whatever they want to think here.
    I am hoping for the best for all of us ,,men and women alike.
    I am doing my best now to take care of my scalps Pilofocus grafts/donor area testing.

If everyone had seen that initial PowerPoint presentation from his first phase test, I dont think that there would be so much emotional negativity. Im not being critical, just honest.

2013 45 minute PowerPoint presentation

Any reason why this presentation has not been show to general public? It is almost 2016

I would imagine that pilofocus improved greatly since then but then again he only transplanted 20 or so pilo grafts

My point is if it was so great back then then by now(almost 3 years later) we should have something to show for it

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hi Ss1980,

You make a good point in question.
    I will talk with Dr. Wesley this week and bring up what you have just asked about.
    His Pilofocus instrumentation devices made for the phase testings have very much been updated since its beginnings. He has finally begun the next phase tests (#3) and I am glad to have been a recent patient of this next phase.

Oh, come on, someone goddamn give us unlimited donor already.
    It's so bizarre and exhausting reading about fixes that fix squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Hi Ss1980,

You make a good point in question.
    I will talk with Dr. Wesley this week and bring up what you have just asked about.
    His Pilofocus instrumentation devices made for the phase testings have very much been updated since its beginnings. He has finally begun the next phase tests (#3) and I am glad to have been a recent patient of this next phase.
    Regardless of the 2013 video - did he explain why he took 500 FUE grafts and only 23 using pilo? Were the 500 something extra you asked/paid for to fill in a space?

I would guess its only 27 piliofocus grafts because this is still new tech and the doctor is treading carefully.

The 500 fue may be a gift to say thankyou and basicly make the procedure worthwhile?

I don't know where to put this news story. Seems like it could go in a hair transplant thread so I'll put it in here. This new story demonstrates that they could give you a full head of hair right now by transplanting a cadaver's scalp to your head.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/unprece...ry?id=35218667

I would not want to have to take the immune suppression drugs involved but the pics make it clear that a scalp transplant could legally done because it was done in this surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    I don't know where to put this news story. Seems like it could go in a hair transplant thread so I'll put it in here. This new story demonstrates that they could give you a full head of hair right now by transplanting a cadaver's scalp to your head.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/unprece...ry?id=35218667

I would not want to have to take the immune suppression drugs involved but the pics make it clear that a scalp transplant could legally done because it was done in this surgery.
    Or even better... get donor follicles from somebody (a friend?!?) and edit the genes. I'm fairly certain SOMETHING is going to happen soon.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...n-world-first/

This is a link to the presentation Dr. Wesley gave at the ISHRS conference in Chicago this past September. It has updated info on his piloscopy technique. I hope that the mods will allow this post with the link.

https://vimeo.com/139156502