+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 83 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Haircure View Post
    He asked a simple question, there was no need to be condescending. It's a legitimate point, any good fue surgeon out there can give you really good results with scars that are practically unnoticeable even when shaved, and even then you have to be actually looking for them to be able to notice. There is no point in having a new technique which simply reduces already insignificant scarring and in all likelihood a lot more expensive. If there is no regeneration or greater percent yield then it is not worth the extra costs.
    And there YOU go speculating on things like price. We have no idea.

My comment is just. The person I replied to has done absolutely nothing to help us fix hairloss.

Dr Wesley and Arista have done infinately more.

Regardless of what you say. If Pilofocus works myself and many others will become paying customers.

I'm fully in the Pilofocus camp but wish Arista would be more upfront and less sensationalistic.

That said I prefer his hope over everybody else's complaining.

Meanwhile I'd encourage you to Google FUE scars. It's not all peaches and cream.

Quote Originally Posted by pixels View Post
    And there YOU go speculating on things like price. We have no idea.

My comment is just. The person I replied to has done absolutely nothing to help us fix hairloss.

Dr Wesley and Arista have done infinately more.

Regardless of what you say. If Pilofocus works myself and many others will become paying customers.

I'm fully in the Pilofocus camp but wish Arista would be more upfront and less sensationalistic.

That said I prefer his hope over everybody else's complaining.

Meanwhile I'd encourage you to Google FUE scars. It's not all peaches and cream.
    The price is practically a given, you have a new technique which is patented and so only offered by one or a select few clinics, it's obvious they will charge a premium over traditional methods. You don't have to look further than HASCI, they claim no scarring and look how much they charge.

And since when does one have to have contributed to "fixing hairloss" have anything to do with voicing their opinions? Makes entirely no sense. If someone is willing to invest their hard earned money into a product they can definitely have a say or voice their concerns/complaints, it's simple logic and business. Your logic assumes that we should openly welcome any new treatments and not criticize simply because they are "doing something" compared to the rest of us, lol so apparently we now have to also help cure hairloss before we can critique another's accomplishment? Seems fair (sarcasm).

As for googling fue scars, yea... That's why I said a good surgeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Haircure View Post
    The price is practically a given, you have a new technique which is patented and so only offered by one or a select few clinics, it's obvious they will charge a premium over traditional methods. You don't have to look further than HASCI, they claim no scarring and look how much they charge.

And since when does one have to have contributed to "fixing hairloss" have anything to do with voicing their opinions? Makes entirely no sense. If someone is willing to invest their hard earned money into a product they can definitely have a say or voice their concerns/complaints, it's simple logic and business. Your logic assumes that we should openly welcome any new treatments and not criticize simply because they are "doing something" compared to the rest of us, lol so apparently we now have to also help cure hairloss before we can critique another's accomplishment? Seems fair (sarcasm).

As for googling fue scars, yea... That's why I said a good surgeon.
    That's not totally accurate either. HASCI were preying on people saying that they could achieve regeneration. He was a real scum bag.

Wesley patenting his tool seems fair enough. He can't stop people doing the same procedure though and making their own similar device that works differently enough for it not to infringe the patent.

What I'm hoping is that Wesley doesn't do what the guy who invented FUE does. Woods just kept the technique to himself and charged an arm and a leg.

So what if we were to speculate in the other more hopeful direction. In that case Wesley manufactures the tool and sells it at a reasonable prices and runs workshops everywhere teaching Pilofocus.

If that happens the market will set the price. Other surgeons will upskill and eventually the price will be the same as FUE (which is still more expensive than FUT).

Hopefully this happens and Wesley does the opposite of Woods and HASCI and changes the playing field.

And yes if you're going to complain and whinge and speculate (guess the future) in the negative sense than I do think it'd be nice for readers if it was balanced with some form contribution.

While I'm speculating just the same amount as you are, which is to say we're both making things up, at least I'm not making people feel worse.

Wesley... If you're reading this...

Do the right thing! Share the tool! Teach all the surgeons! You'll get rich either way but you'll make a bigger difference if you share and disrupt the market well and proper

Quote Originally Posted by pixels View Post
    That's not totally accurate either. HASCI were preying on people saying that they could achieve regeneration. He was a real scum bag.

Wesley patenting his tool seems fair enough. He can't stop people doing the same procedure though and making their own similar device that works differently enough for it not to infringe the patent.

What I'm hoping is that Wesley doesn't do what the guy who invented FUE does. Woods just kept the technique to himself and charged an arm and a leg.

So what if we were to speculate in the other more hopeful direction. In that case Wesley manufactures the tool and sells it at a reasonable prices and runs workshops everywhere teaching Pilofocus.

If that happens the market will set the price. Other surgeons will upskill and eventually the price will be the same as FUE (which is still more expensive than FUT).

Hopefully this happens and Wesley does the opposite of Woods and HASCI and changes the playing field.

And yes if you're going to complain and whinge and speculate (guess the future) in the negative sense than I do think it'd be nice for readers if it was balanced with some form contribution.

While I'm speculating just the same amount as you are, which is to say we're both making things up, at least I'm not making people feel worse.

Wesley... If you're reading this...

Do the right thing! Share the tool! Teach all the surgeons! You'll get rich either way but you'll make a bigger difference if you share and disrupt the market well and proper
    27K views and almost 300 replies on what? we dont even have a photo to show...
    either I am too pessimistic or this forum started to lose its value.. look at all topics in cutting edge section... I am kindly asking everyone

He better hurry up, because I've been monitoring the ARTAS system's progress, and it's very, very impressive. At this point, I don't see any advantage to a "scarless" ht technique given how precise ARTAS is and will be. Remember, the ARTAS system keeps getting better and better with each software update - it's a very powerful tool that has only just begun to show its capabilities. It's probably only a matter of time before ARTAS can both extract and implant units (it already extracts units and creates the implant incisions, so really it's not that far off), at which point hts become much less expensive. Piloscopy is impressive, but its window is probably closing.

Will Pilofocus potentially provide superior hairline results to the current methods out there right now? I mean really, the biggest turn off to me about hair transplants is that the hairline results are just usually not that impressive; it looks artificial most of the time. What can we do to thicken the hairline results? Will Pilofocus accomplish this? Please answer someone

Quote Originally Posted by stayhopeful View Post
    Will Pilofocus potentially provide superior hairline results to the current methods out there right now? I mean really, the biggest turn off to me about hair transplants is that the hairline results are just usually not that impressive; it looks artificial most of the time. What can we do to thicken the hairline results? Will Pilofocus accomplish this? Please answer someone
    The commonly discussed benefits of PiloFocus are potential regeneration, and no visible scarring.

If regeneration is indeed possible, then obviously there will be increased supply. Probably allowing for more liberal use of donor supply and better final yields. Hairlines may look better in this case.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hello Tedwujiand (and everyone else) ,

That was a good response by you Ted', one of your points mentioned:
    "If regeneration is indeed possible, then obviously there will be increased supply"

The 'increased supply' meaning is that, IF part of Dr. Wesley's Pilofocus phase testing,
    'the donor area hair regeneration', turns out to be authentic & reliable, THEN possibly, a man with a NW7 hairloss could, overtime, continually have hair transplantation done until he has a DECENT amount of hair.
    Of course that would take quite a while to complete being that the patient would have to await the hair regeneration to finish up each time ...
    Hopefully the Pilofocus phase testings can eventually become a
    'Game-changer' for us all, men and women alike. No one knows at this point in time so we all must step back a little and stay POSITIVE!! There IS no reason not to STAY POSITIVE!
    I cant wait to see if my phase tested donor area shows the fantastic results that some of us had seen from Dr. Wesley's 2013 first phase testing completion SHOWN in early 2014.
    Ill say again, although the first phase text results were fantastic and factual, it IS at this point,
    still anecdotal . Patience certainly is a VIRTUE for everybody.

Dr. Wesley is not the kind of doctor that will or would assume anything.
    He is quite sincere and objective and wants to truly help others in life!!

You're the best Arista, thanks for the response. Dr. Wes is the best too, but I sure hope he rushes this to market a little quicker. I mean there is severe suffering going on each day!

But Artista, do you know when you will have the indications if your test patch was successful? few weeks, one month, 3 months?

Thanks again, I am a young sufferer, I remember reading your posts that you are really empathetic towards the young folks.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

I'm at work so it's hard for me to respond but I'll say this...
    Probably in the summertime my donor area will be looked at well!!!
    I think that Dr. Wesley more than likely will officially review it after almost a year