Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Follicle17
    • Nov 2015

Best time to get FUE into FUT scar?

I am one month post op after a mistake strip surgery. I know it takes time to heal but I've already consulted Dr.Umar and he recommended 600 beard hair grafts into the scar. How soon would I be able to do this 5-6 months? Or do I have to wait a full year?
  • Spex
    Dr Representative
    • Nov 2008

Hi Jon,

I just replied on another topic. You need to wait it out a minimum of 12 months op op to allow all healing to take place and the scar to settle. Right now it will appear much larger, redder, raised even than it will eventually become. My advice is wait a minimum of 12 months.

I hope this helps
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• Follicle17
      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Spex
      Hi Jon,

I just replied on another topic. You need to wait it out a minimum of 12 months op op to allow all healing to take place and the scar to settle. Right now it will appear much larger, redder, raised even than it will eventually become. My advice is wait a minimum of 12 months.

I hope this helps
      Spex
      Thanks that helps a lot. I'm early on in my journey but you and Joe have really inspired me can't thank you enough. It sucks FUT was picked for me needing only 1,000 grafts as I know more surgeries will be likely in the future. I have 2 more questions for you. Do you think it would be wise to FUE the scar right when it heals and go FUE the rest of the way or would camouflaging it that early have an impact on future procedures? My next question is I've been getting an itchy scalp lately and heard it could be a precursor to MPB do you suggest I should be on something to slow future hairloss or use any special kind of shampoo? I'm not taking anything at the moment.

Comment

Working...